All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tulak ForgeArm
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 1:29 am 
Count

She reminded him a little bit of Dursa. Not in appearance, naturally, as no woman could ever match her pure beauty in his eyes. But in her zest for life, the fire that dwelt within her to see the glory in everything around her. To see the glory, no, the worth, in even him. "It doesn't matter".. he mumbled.. "I will never love again.."

"Pardon, Master ForgeArm?" said a gruff and gravelly voice.. startling Tulak from his reverie. "Ah, nevermind.. um, I was just thinking to myself" Tulak stated with embarrassment. Gelvin Khodok, the local brewmaster just grinned and stated "Alright then, looks like the final touches on the brewery are complete, and with a few of these potential trade deals starting to develop, I think my family may be able to finally settle down. I cannot thank you enough for allowing us to lay down some fresh roots here, Master ForgeArm!".

Gelvin Khodok was a fellow Dwarf, almost three times Tulak's age, and looked twice as strong. He and his Family had left the Mountain in haste a few months back. Apparently there had been a great upheaval within the Clan Houses, and in order to keep his wife and daughter safe, he brought them to the surface world. How he had heard of Khorok county and Tulak ForegArm were still a mystery to Tulak, but he was happy to see the familiar racial features and share a familiar dialect.

"I am glad I could have helped, Master Khodok. Please, call me Tulak. We have spent many weeks working on your home, and I have grown to know your family well. I am more than comfortable granting you the right of Namuroz."

Gelvin smiled broadly. The right of Namuroz, the honor of calling a fellow Clansman by his first name, was a true honor back home under the Mountain. Combine that with Tulak capturing glances here and there of Kiln, Gelvin's only daughter, and Gelvin knew his plan was working.

"Tulak, I am honored, and insist that you also call me Gelvin!"

"Would you do me a favor, Tulak?"

"Anything, my friend." responded Tulak.

"Would you mind taking Kiln on tour of the area? She has been so very good over the last few weeks, pitching in and working hard to help get the brewery built and running.".. Gelvin continued "But now she needs to relax a bit, and learn the area. If she is to be a part of this world, she needs someone to teach her, and I can think of no one better suited than a fellow Dwed, especially one that I trust."

Tulak's emotions ran amok within him, as he did not want to betray the memory of his late wife, but at the same time he so earnestly did want to spend more time with Kiln. "I would be glad to" he stammered. "Let me wrap up a few pieces of county business, and I will come for her around noon."

Gelvin responded "I will have her pack some food to take with you, and then please have her back by Supprumm, and plan on staying for that meal as well. As you know, my wife can be quite stubborn, and she will insist on you sampling her cooking skills after having some of Kiln's this afternoon!"

"I can think of nothing I would like more, Mast... Gelvin!" Tulak corrected himself.

"Good!" Gelvin finished. "I am off to sample the whiskey and make sure the temperature is correct. Please excuse me."

Post subject: Re: Tulak ForgeArm
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 3:50 am 
Count

I wish the best of luck to Tulak in his "tour".

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: December 4th, 2016, 9:21 pm 
King

That there are dwarfs prospering in the Empire is a great sign indeed. Theirs are a kind that have long been too rare of a sight.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 9:47 am 
Count

"I've been looking forward to this eve, my lord Tulak"... Kiln whispered in a sultry voice. "I finally get to feel you meld with me as the plates of the earth push together beneath our feet."

Tulak grinned. He had "almost" grown accustomed to Kiln's abruptness in speech, and tonight, on the eve of his Wedduroz, it was an added bonus. Tulak had waited almost a year for this embrace. Reluctant at first to allow himself to feel anything for anyone, he found himself spending more and more time with Kiln. Eventually he realized that the ice had thawed from across the depths of his amoruk, and he could no longer hide his feelings. Yes, he still loved Dursa, and always would, but now he found there was enough love for both his dead wife, and Kiln.

"Come ere' ye firebrand.." he stated. "I'ma gonna show ye how diamonds are forged within the depths of the earth!"

Earlier that day, as they swore vows of integrity and loyalty to one another, Tulak couldn't take his eyes away from Kiln's eyes. Tonight, he cannot take his eyes, or his hands, away from the rest of her. He embraced her with years of pent up emotion, allowing passion and love to burst forth over and over again upon her. And she returned every volley as passionately.

This was the start of a new era for Tulak ForgeArm and his Wife Kiln. What lay in store for them both was yet to be seen. But one thing was for certain, Gelvin Khodok was as happy as a jaybird this day, and his future was at least going as planned..