All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 9:06 pm 
Count

Liam Raymond was sat in his favourite chair, with his young son Arthur sat at his feet. The crisp light of the fire crawled over their faces; the only sound was steady breathing and the crackling of the fire. Arthur broke the almost-silence by telling his father about what his friends said. "Father, my friends were talking about the Golem today, and about gods and worship, what do we worship?" he asked. Liam looked at his son, he saw his sons mother in him, his eyes more green than Raymond Blue. "Well," he paused, reminiscing on the time he asked such a question to his father "our family has, for many many generations worshipped every god, every single one. You see my son, we have for a long time known that the gods are all a reincarnation of one spirit. It is the spirit we worship, not the physical god itself, but the spirit." He looked over at his son, who was teeming with child curiosity. "I was just like you Arthur when I asked this question to my father, knowing the truth is an exciting feeling. But know that the Raymonds have never been a people of bigotry, we do not mind if others worship a physical form, as after all they still worship the spirit reincarnated." Arthur nodded his head, lost for words at how wise his father seemed in this moment.

"Father, what comes of us after death?" Liam turned his head, shocked at the comment from such a young boy. "My, that is quite a big question Arthur. If you really must know," Arthur nodded his head, "we reincarnate. It was said that I'm the reincarnation of our dynasties founder, and as such I was named after him. But whether or not I am indeed the reincarnation cannot be known, not anymore at least. Perhaps when you grow up and I have grown old, I can hold off reincarnation and guide you in your life, it is said that that too is possible. We've always revered our ancestors because of this belief, since they are often guiding us, it's a long standing tradition, I hope that you continue it in this branch of the dynasty." Liam looked out of the frosted window, his eyes widening. "Is the moon really in such a position? It is far too late for a young boy to be awake, go to bed Arthur" Arthur nodded and slowly retired to his chambers, Liam watching as his son slowly left the room and marvelling at the likeness of his walk with his fathers.

Master of Trade in the Katoraktonion Sea.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2016, 9:11 pm 
King

A heartwarming piece.