All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 6:56 am 
Count

The Sephorim, a tribe of nomads who roamed the New World before the Hermertians came and settled. What was once an expansive tribe of over 1,000, today dwindled down to less than 150. But what they lost in numbers they gained in wealth. The Hermertians took great interest into the various trinkets and cloths of the Sephorim. Trade flourished and the Sephorim found themselves adorned in the finest of silks and gold. But their nomadic nature would prove to have no place in Hermertian culture. Soon enough their numbers dwindled in a dire attempt to hold on to the fine silks and gold that they so much admired. Many refused to trade them for food, and so many of them died. The Sephorim found themselves spending fortnights in various cities, never staying in one spot.

That is, until now. Athene Sephirous, the High Priestess of The Sephorim. Her golden hair, typical of the Sephorim, glowed under the moonlight, accenting her green eyes. Those in the tribe would often say, "It is as though Hesed, the Sephirot of love, kindness, and understanding, crafted her, so that all humans could lay their eyes upon her and understand these tenants." Athene always held the Tome of Ein Sof, an honor and burden that all High Priest and Priestess of the Sephorim must endure. It was through her usage of the scripture, that she was able to convince the Sephorim to settle down and abandon their nomadic traditions.

She would often cite the story of Samyaza, the Angel of Pride. "Do not forget the story of Samyaza. He was once a member of the Seraphim, a divine, perfect Angel. His pride was perfect and limited, as all of ours should be. It was Samyaza who let his pride get the best of him. Samyaza refused to remove himself from Reksaj, the home granted to Turiel, Angel of the Mountain. He refused to let go of his pride, and along with Turiel, was sent to the Grigori, or The Watchers, destined to never be a perfect being again, to watch the Seraphim and only hope that he could return to his perfect pride. Our nomadic ways are Reksaj, and if we do not move from it, we will be destined fail. We must settle, to avoid the fate of Samyaza."

And so the Sephorim arrived at the gates of Galios, where a man with dark eyes and an even seemingly darker ambition greeted the tribe with spears pointed towards them. But Athene did not worry, she knew that Zadkiel, the Angel of Mercy, was on their side...

Last edited by Jakon on January 4th, 2017, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 7:05 am 

Galios is getting no rest from the bullshit lately.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 7:20 am 
Duke

Interesting developments in Galios, hopefully things can remain civil.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 9:48 pm 
Duke

Yeah, a civil execution of one long-haired, entitled, black armor wearing turd-person.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 9:56 pm 

Wow what a wonderful comment

PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 2:29 pm 
King

The Chairman wrote:
Yeah, a civil execution of one long-haired, entitled, black armor wearing turd-person.

Ambition does not a turd person make

PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 9:44 pm 
King

Such an awesome read. I am very curious to see what happens!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 1:20 am 
Count

Sage brooded over Jakon's decision. Rather than refusing the group of foreign gypsies at the gates of Galios, he instead greeted and offered to meet with their high priestess. The tension between the new influx of Valyrians that Jakon brought with him and the members of the Geistreich clan that had originally settled Galios was still present. The two groups often bickered over the state of Galios and where their previous leader, Orell, had disappeared to. There were often fights in public that would have to be broken up by the reinstated city guard. Jakon was smart enough to appoint Jaegar loyalists from the clan to the city guard, a move that would please Geistreichens who were on the fence and keep an uprising at bay. The loyalists that divided the clan and the influx of trade that the Valyrians brought to Galios made an uprising a very difficult prospect to envision. But to bring a third, foreign group into the mix? Sage couldn't help but worry.

She introduced herself as Athene Sephirous, High Priestess of the Sephorim. A nomadic group that wandered the "new world" before the Hermertians arrived. Her bright silks and golden bracelets seemed to make the room brighter. The two met in the Count's Room in the Central Office of Galios, a castle newly constructed under Jakon's reign.

"Lord Vaegar, I am delighted that you have agreed to met with me," she said with a slight smile on her face. It made Sage's facial muscles tense. In that smile, she saw the same deadness of Jakon's eyes.

"Naturally. The Count of Galios does not turn away people in need."

"Need? My lord, what makes you think we are in need?"

Jakon chuckled. "You don't fool me, Lady Sephirous. If I were to judge your position solely by your appearance, I wouldn't be the wiser. Sadly for you, I am. Though your eyes do not waver, your people's eyes cry for help. You are in no position to bargain. You will take what I give you. Understand?"

Athene reclined in her seat, impressed. She had never met a man of such stature. She nodded. "Very good. You and your people will be located to an up and coming County, Southeast of Galios. It isn't glamorous, but it will house your people."

"And what shall you ask in return, my Lord?" she asked.

"Your undying loyalty. Your people's compliance and respect."

Athene chuckled, but Jakon did not waver. All the Hermertian lords she met in her travels have always expected compensation for shelter, yet it seemed as though Jakon did not want this. "Oh, you're serious? Well, in that case, you shall have it. Enjoy it while it lasts, my lord. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other soon." As Athene bowed out, Sage couldn't help but pry at Jakon's action.

"My lord, why did you do that? Surely a third group will only do Galios harm."

"Sage, Galios is mine. That is a given. The only piece left in the puzzle is the King. I am trying to paint an image here, one that sends a message of charity and loyalty. Once he hears that the new Count of Galios has taken in a group of starving peaceful nomads, that message will be heard loud and clear."

"But how do you know they will are peaceful?" Sage asked.

"They have no choice. They are a people in need. Beggars have no choice but to praise the hand that they eat out of."

Last edited by Jakon on January 5th, 2017, 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 3:56 am 
King

more happens In Galios. I want to see how this develops!