All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 3:40 am 

What follows is the personal journal entry of Eorl Mark Günther Stefan of Östlaed.

Today there was another Thanemoot, and I have some serious concerns about a few of them and their potential actions. I am beginning to regret letting a few thanes from outside of the realm participate, even as non-voting members. They demand that we assist them in raiding established realms and nobles of the Empire we are now a member of, and in no way would I ever concede to any of their demands regarding this topic.

Something I have conceded on is the manner in which I present myself as ruler of Östlaed. Many Thanes, although religious and staunch defenders of the faith, wish for me to exert more secular power and represent secular interests of the realm in my day to day life. In summary, they ask that I act as much like a Thane, and a ruler of the Östron people as I do the Grand Master of our religious order. To me, a move to appease these Thanes would only strengthen my ability to annex more and more of them as time moves forward. I'm sure part of this is their desire to weaken the interests of men of the Order, the monks, the Masters, and strengthen the wealth, military prowess, and prestige of our realm. I share in their concerns, and thus, will make a first step by abandoning the monastic robe of the Order of Sanct Creopbaina, and accept a great Östron Thane's Coat, and a great crown made of Silver and Emerald. In order to appease the religious element of our society, I will also wear many creeper symbols upon my regal clothing.

I will be a true ruler of the realm, ruler of all Thanes, Knights, Monks, Traders, Farmers, and others of the realm of Östlaed. United in the Creeper faith, proud of our culture, heritage, and beliefs, defender of our lands. As the great unifier, I will unite the twin elements of society - the faith, and the state. May they ever co-exist in harmony.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2016, 2:32 pm 
King

A significant step for your society.

I trust those dissident thanes will be dealt with, although it seems like a difficult problem to entirely subdue easily.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2016, 2:37 pm 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
A significant step for your society.

I trust those dissident thanes will be dealt with, although it seems like a difficult problem to entirely subdue easily.

It appears that one thane has already launched a raiding party against Wysteria...

PostPosted: July 25th, 2016, 9:12 pm 
Duke

I hope these Thanes find more peaceful ways of life with the Eorl's guidance.