All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 4:54 am 

“Thank you for meeting me here. I hope we can come to an agreement today. ” Ealdorman Accynnafon greeted the Thane of Wiccaweald in the market square of the village. He was not wearing his usual robe, but instead, a suit of thick leather covered by a cloak. Both men had their personal guards, as well as forces capable of fighting on either side. On this occasion, the Ealdorman had brought many heavily armored knights, and a whole host of Halig Frecan soldiers surrounded the village.

The Thane did not waste any time, saying “I am not sure we can, Ealdorman. I must ask that you leave Wiccaweald if you intent on demanding the destruction of our shrines to the forest.”

The Ealdorman stiffened his posture. He glared at the Thane momentarily, then replied saying “Oh, and what exactly do you propose I do? Ignore my own law? Let you ignore our laws? I don’t see what choice you think I have in this matter.”

The Thane gave a hand signal he thought would be hidden from the Ealdorman’s sight. It was one to signal his forces to retreat further in reality, to hopefully save themselves for another day. The Ealdorman caught a glance of the hand signal, and without hesitation, he said “By the power vested in me by the strength of the Östron people, I shall take control of this village. Your line ends here!”

Ealdorman Accynnafon drew his massive double handed sword, forged from Merscafen Mine folded steel, detailed with Östron runes, emeralds, and silver. Before the Thane could flinch, his head was severed from his body. The cut was so clean that no blood stained the Ealdorman’s blade.

“Unite, or die, Wiccaweald” he yelled. “Find his children, and bring to me! Purge the village of its heretical shrines!”

The Haligchnihten found almost no resistance; without their Thane, the forces of Wiccaweald knew they had no chance. The children of the Thane, however, had long since left for the remote wilderness of the Saeppebeorge to the south, and would not be found on that day by the Ealdorman or his Knights.

Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon II would indeed rule by fear.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 5:49 am 
Count

Oh the humanity! What has our dear realm come to? Must Östron blood be spilt?

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 6:04 am 

The Thane of Wiccaweald was no true Östron.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 9:26 pm 
King

I am truly disgusted to happen upon this news of the murder of the Thane of Wiccaweald. You walk a dangerous path with your extremism Mark, you are not the man your father was.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 10:55 pm 
Duke

Laghima must urge Mark II to reflect on what is happening across the nation in a more civil way.

Our own ignorance to Darius II's gain in personal power and rule by fear led to the extinction of a people and the destruction of the old Laghiman way.

Proceed with caution, in the name of justice and peace.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 12:11 am 
Duke

To the Ealdorman Mark Accynafon II,

I am writing to inform you that disturbing rumors have reached us in Casadia. There are reports that you not only attempted to sack one of your own towns, but also executed the local Thane during negotiations after the battle. Worse, I have heard that you ordered the Thane's family killed as. If these rumors are true, they are deeply concerning. Leaders who massacre their own people seldom hold power for long. I beseech you to seek peace before war. For your sake, and for your people's.

Cerydon
Guardian of Casadia