All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Letter to Cerdic
PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 5:28 am 
Count

Gröteorl Cerdic Beoden Accynnafon,

First off, I would like to formally apologize for my actions at the coronation of our Empress. My actions were out of line. Despite my misgivings about Empress Samyrrah she still deserves the full respect due to the position. I hope that we can leave this incident in the past where it belongs, and that further relations between us are cordial.

Now for the main body of this letter. I am worried about your brother. He has been acting suspiciously since your father's passing. I have suspicion that the riots I have faced in my realm have been instigated by him and his agents. Every day I am more convinced that he is acting not for the good of the Östron people, but the good of his order. I hope that by writing to you I can gain a friend of like mind, and that together we can take steps to insure the good of all Östrons.

Your brother knight,

Eorl Kalo Auratavia of Gelderlond

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

Post subject: Re: A Letter to Cerdic
PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 6:31 am 

Eorl Kalo Auratavia of Gelderlond,

You have been mighty foolish in sending this letter. It took me many weeks to ensure that it was not tracked previously. This letter I am writing you has been sent on the person of one of my great many spies throughout the realm, and thus should be safe.

I am not sure why you feel he is acting suspicious - I at least have long expected him to attempt to bring the Order to a level of influence that they enjoyed in the late 490s and early 500s. These actions should almost be expected. I understand why you feel that the civil unrest in your area is caused by the Order, but it really does not seem hidden or suspicious to me - they are being quite open about this!

I do of course share your concerns over whether or not this is good for our realm. The majority of people likely do not support the strange fundamentalism, nor do they support the more dangerous aspects of their political stances.

I will talk with you further before the Thanesmoot of 541, as I expect our positions will be quite different shortly.

Your fellow protector and leader of Östrons,

Gröteorl Cerdic Beoden Accynnafon

Post subject: Re: A Letter to Cerdic
PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 3:14 am 
Count

Gröteorl Cerdic Beoden Accynnafon

Do not think me to be so foolish to not ensure the safe travels of these letters. It would be the height of stupidity for me to make such claims if I didn't feel confident of my own privacy, though I am glad that you have personally taken the time to confirm such matters for yourself.

I am pleased that you have accepted my correspondence, and look forward to talking with you, creepers willing. The coming events may have immense consequences for the future.

Your faithful and noble knight,

Eorl Kalo Auratavia of Gelderlond

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)