All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 2:22 am 

This report from the Thanesmoot of 530 is a bit out of date, but necessary.

The Thanesmoot of 530 was held place in the great mead hall of the Östur complex. A record amount of Thanes were in attendance, as well as Grooteorl Mark Accynnafon II, Grooteorl Cerdic Accynnafon, and Eorl Kalo Auratavia, the new Eorl of Northubeorc.

Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon began the Thanesmoot with a new initiative to stimulate growth in the realm:

"Thank you all for gathering here in the greatest town in the Empire. Acholm has grown far beyond the dreams of our parents. Never did my father, Alfred, predict that the Östron realm would come so soon, nor could he have dreamed it would grow so fast. Östron immigrants from all corners of the empire have come to Acholm and other Östron settlements in numbers unfathomable.

The stream of immigration, however, will end some day. In order to encourage further growth, House Accynnafon is announcing that a portion of the taxes collected will fund the education of and other support for families that have over five children. These funds will be exponential for every additional child. This initiative shall be referred to as the "Östron Family Growth Initiative."

Whispers erupted around the great hall, "How can we possibly keep up with more growth?" Another whisper often heard "We're already running out of wood! We'll have to start raiding again and stealing it from the Kairitites and the Casadians!"

Ealdorman Accynnafon said nothing to answer these whispers. No one really had an issue with this strange initiative, after all. The vote passed with an overwhelming majority, because, well - who's gonna be mad about being paid to make more babies?

"This brings us to our next topic - the arrival of Sir Kalo Auratavia, a Grootcniht of the Order from New Isilioth. He has been given the title of Count by our dearest ally King Tiberius of New Isilioth. He recently married the daughter of the Thane from Northubeorc, and petitioned me to settle there. I'm inclined to let him transfer his noble status here, unless a vote of the Thanesmoot overwhelmingly votes to reject this.

What say ye, Thanes of Östlaed?"

The vote did not occur immediately. Several Thanes in attendance refused to consider a foreigner, despite his mother's ethnicity, from transferring at all. Most, however, demanded that he even drop his noble titles in Isilioth. "If you want to rule over Östrons, you must be Östron," said the contingent. After an hour or so of discussing and drinking, during which Ealdorman Acynnafon listened to the thoughts of the Thanesmoot, the vote was held.

The vote passed, but with the main stipulation that Sir Kalo's title represent that he was of Northubeorc, and Eorl of Northubeorc.

In response the Ealdorman said "I accept the vote of the Thanesmoot, I will discuss this in private with the good Knight."

After the second vote, the Thane from Frithengest brought forth news from the east:

"Thanes, Eorls, Knights, and Masters of Östlaed. On our borders in the far east, we have long had much peace. Many Östron tribes that exist beyond our borders now have Thanes in attendance here, and soon enough they will be brought into the Östron realm.

However, recently, we have noticed more than Östrons and random small bands of various human groups. More than groups of wandering dwarves looking for permission to mine.

We've witnessed Elves."

Even the Ealdorman was totally shocked. Elves? Near our lands? People didn't whisper now, a cacophonoy of shouts were demanding more information"

"Shutup!" said the Thane from Frithengest. "They appear to not be snow elves for sure. They certainly aren't blood elves or dark elves. Sea elves would never be this far in land. They aren't Vulcites either! They wear green robes, carry bows, and long, thin swords. Their skin is pale, but not as pale as snow elves. "

A historian from the monastery piped up " That doesn't sound like land or otherwise known as Tetradian Elves. Perhaps this is a new type of elf."

"Indeed," the Thane responded. "Furthermore, they appear to not live in the swamps or mountains to the east, but from further beyond - the great forests east between Frithengestshire and the Wysterian Sea"

"Forest elves," muttered the Ealdorman. "We must reach out to them. We shall send scouting parties far to the east, and comb the shore of the Wysterian Sea looking for answers. Once we have learned their borders, we must make an attempt to make diplomatic contact. Thane of Frithengest, your forces will be in the forefront of this diplomatic effort. I don't want a repeat of the situation occurring in Laghima right now. I fear for that situation...

Matter of fact, all contact should be as peaceful as possible. If you are attacked in any form, I want you to retreat and to only fight if your life depends on it."

No other major news was brought forward. As so, the Thanesmoot of 530 concluded.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 4:19 am 
Count

I am honored to be a part of the Ostron people. I promise to be a dutiful ruler of Northubeorc.

In other news, this discovery is very interesting indeed. In due time we will find out the true intent of the "forest elves".

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 4:32 am 

So far from the reports two years later:

* They are very shy. They have yet to engage us or even let us get close enough to talk to them.

* Their villages are deep in the woods, with no signs of farms. They don't appear to keep animals around either. Signs of wild berry, herb, and other plant harvesting exist, as well as the rare evidence of hunted animals.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2016, 6:42 pm 
King

Fascinating discovery. I fear for their survival given the recent hostilities between elves. Treat them well!