All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Eorl in the North
PostPosted: November 27th, 2016, 2:19 am 
Count

It is now that I explain the true purpose of my sudden vacation of my post in Tiberford. Up to this point I have been unwed. I have been concerned more with the duties of the order or the matters of my people, but now that the security of Tiberford has been secured I am able to focus on more personal matters.

I am announcing the marriage between me and Eltha Northubeorce, widow of the Thane of Northubeorc. This arrangement has been long in the making, with competition between many suiters and intense negotiations as to the fate of the farthing. However, my long history of service in the order of Creopbaina and recent elevation to count made me the most eligible. As a foreign count several concessions had to be made on both sides. Allegiance of the thanes of Northubeorc lies with Ostlaed, their cultural brothers. My ties in Isilioth will have no bearing on them. Instead, the Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon will induct me as the Eorl of Northubeorc, and the farthing will be subject to him. My title in Tiberford will remain as long as its affairs remain the affairs of Isilioth, and Northubeorc the affairs of Ostlaed.

The wedding will be held soon in the Achholm Creeper Temple. All nobles of the Empire are formally invited to attend. May this union prove to be prosperous and joyous.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

Last edited by Cynefrith Arataefia on November 27th, 2016, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2016, 2:21 am 

It is good to have you back in Acholm once again, as I rather enjoyed our drunken merrymaking during your training here!