All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: July 28th, 2015, 3:03 pm 
Count

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chronicles of Biakko O’Kleefe, Personal Archives
430th year of the emperor, Chester-le-Ford

So I made a baby. The making of it was… well I don’t know how I feel about it. I mean I seen horses do it, but I can’t believe there’s no cleaner way to… to do this. Frankly, no matter what Gaston says, I'm sure the sausages string and the watering can were unnecessary. Horses don't do that sort of things! Anyway.

We named the baby Liserett O’Kleefe because Gaston’s last name is Bones and well, that’s a stupid name.

Nursing is gross. The baby’s sticky and it smells funny. At least it doesn’t scream much. Instead it... it glares at people in a… kind of an intense disapproving way. It’s weird.

I already miss hammering things together. As soon as it can eat actual food, I'm hiring a governess and I'm out...

At least I have a good team of workers, Chester-le-Ford's construction is progressing steadily. Without me right now, but still.

Mrs Biakko O’Kleefe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: July 28th, 2015, 4:19 pm 
King

Congratulations on the child. Im sure you and Gaston will be proud of it someday.

Looking forward to hearing how your work in Chester le-Ford is coming along when you're back to work!

- Samaia

PostPosted: July 28th, 2015, 4:28 pm 
Count

Thank you Duchess.

Of cors' the childe isn't the best constructed thing I ever made, but the midwife did tell me that the huge forehead will soon get into decent proportions. I suppose I am not not proud of it.

You know. It's a baby.

Chester-le-Ford is starting to take shape a little! The foundation and first level of the villa are now mostly done, the market is mostly paved and a few merchants already erected a few structures. A well was dug, and the outline of the town hall is delimited.

I am still supervising the worked, visiting the sites at least daily, although I can never stay long with all that nursing business.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2015, 6:09 pm 
King

Wonderful progress. I'll be along shortly after we're finished with the shipwrights at Gallen to see how things are coming along.

I have to say I am enjoying my tour of Wysteria so far. These Wysterians are keen to learn the arts of ship building so it has been a veritable joy complying their wishes.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2015, 6:33 pm 
Count

431st year of the emperor, Chester-le-Ford

Today Liserett said her first worde.

She screamed “MINE” when I picked up a crow toy that was on the floor. Then she did her angry stare.

I thought first wordes were happy babbly things like “mama” or “papa” or… or cookie or something. I don’t think I much enjoy being a mum.

Mrs Biakko O’Kleefe

PostPosted: August 1st, 2015, 7:00 pm 
King

Twas a pleasure to meet yourself and your delightful husband recently Mrs O'Kleefe, Gaston is quite the host!
I'm glad I could give you a brief respite from your child's grumpiness, you must be worn out with all that and the town's burdens on you!

Your hospitality was nothing short of wonderful. Looking forward to making the long trip East again in the future. I may ask that I can have a ride back on the yacht? Our Perthian ship lies awaiting on the other side of the Imperial Ocean.

Until next time

- Samaia, Hand of the King of Perth.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 12:59 am 
Count

My dear friend Duchess Samaia,

It was me pleasure and honor to have you in Chester-le-Ford, I am glad to read ye enjoyed yer stay. My home is yer home, and although I am but a serf, I believe it is safe to assert the Duke Nicholas would want ye to make use of the yacht as ye need.

I looks forward to visit ye in Perth as well as have the honor of yer presence in Chester-le-Ford again.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 1:00 am 
Count

431st year of the emperor, Chester-le-Ford

She now screamed her second worde.

It was “MORE” as she finished the honey cake she had for dessert. Then she glared at me again.

Something’s wrong with this childe.

Mrs Biakko O’Kleefe

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 7:59 am 
Duke

My dear Biakko,
Oh my, trouble with the child? My offer for a nanny still stands if needed. I have a few who specialize in behavior training if needed. I hope all goes well. I hope to visit soon.

Duchess Celestine

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 5:14 pm 
Count

My dear Duchess Celestine,

Thank ye for the offer to help me raise the welp. I must say horses are much easier, and cleaner too.

Frankly I nearly accepted yer offer when you first wrote to me, but I foolishly thought babies couldn't be that bad, especially newborns! Truth is I already had two nannies leave in a hurry, warding against evil as they left. I can't really blame them.

How soon can she start? I fear that the current nanny will not last much longer.

Truly yers

Mrs Biakko O"Kleefe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next