All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 1:00 pm 
King

I am proposing adding formalize rules for the forums to the Indoles Carta as follows

International Forum Law

6.1 The "Council of the Crowned" discussion forum is reserved specifically for those with a seat on the Council - only those with a rank of King/Queen may speak here.

6.2 "The House of Dukes" discussion forum is reserved specifically for those with a seat in the House of Dukes - only those with a rank of Duke may speak here.

6.3 The Imperial Parliament is where the Council of the Crowned debates and votes on proposed legislation - only those with a rank of King/Queen may vote here. All nobility may speak and contribute to discussion and debate in Parliament: those with a rank of Duke or Count may speak here but may not vote.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 2:32 pm 
King

I absolutely approve of this in essence, as it's essentially a legalization of the existing forum policy we have had for ages. However, I have a slight suggestion for the language and also disagree with article 6.3 on Parliament - I feel all nobility, including Counts, should be permitted to speak there. Would you mind if I take a stab at just tightening up the language slightly?

Nicholas's Revised Wording:

Quote:
Forum Law

6.1 The "Council of the Crowned" discussion forum is reserved specifically for those with a seat on the Council - only those with a rank of King/Queen may speak here.

6.2 "The House of Dukes" discussion forum is reserved specifically for those with a seat in the House of Dukes - only those with a rank of Duke may speak here.

6.3 The Imperial Parliament is where the Council of the Crowned debates and votes on proposed legislation - only those with a rank of King/Queen may vote here. All nobility may speak and contribute to discussion and debate in Parliament: those with a rank of Duke or Count may speak here but may not vote.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 3:00 pm 
King

I agree with you, nicholas

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 4:22 pm 
King

This, along with a suggested potential Serf/Count (not finalised yet) forum for legal matters/ bills being discussed should make things more transparent and clear for everyone.

I would hear from more people rather than less on most subjects before they are voted upon.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 4:32 pm 
King

Just a small note: Isn't there a difference between the Indoles Carta (which is the constitution) versus general laws? At least before, passing a law meant adding a law to the Criminal Code. Passing a constitutional amendment on the other hand was trickier and required a bit more work. I forget exactly.

but what I do remember is Crimes and the Constitution are not the same thing. I suppose once I find an old drafting of the laws and constitution in the past, it might provide some clarity on all this. It won't mean too much work for everything, just changing recent changes to "crimes" instead of "constitutional amendments" where they are that, or leaving them as "constitutional amendments" when they are (like ascension is obviously a constitutional amendment)... I would imagine restrictions on where to chat is more of a criminal matter than a constitutional matter? Given it is a smaller issue?

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 4:42 pm 
Duke

In response to the Regent, I agree there is a difference between the constitution (Indoles Carta) and general laws. In our case, and in general legal/political terms, the constitutions serve as a device to enumerate various rights and lay out the organizational structure of our community. Other laws, like the recent Elytra Law should be considered separate entities. This will prevent the Indoles Carta from becoming to cluttered with minutia and keep its purpose and content clear. Perhaps we should create a thread/forum for non-Indoles Carta laws (like the Elytra Law, Don't Be A Dink Act, etc.)?

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 4:44 pm 
King

I am going to make it a top priority to find the old draftings of both laws and the indoles carta. I fear they are hiding in the library database files though, which means we have to wait until Atryl and I get that up and running. Perhaps to speed things along, I will use some of my non-hermertian webspace to test re-uploading the library to find it.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 11:31 am 
King

Greetings all.

Since this was initially proposed. much fruitful discussion has taken place here that has enabled members of the community to share their thoughts on what changes we should make to the forums rules, specifically in regards to the organization of the Imperial Parliament. A general concensus has been reached on the issue of how to reorganize the Parliament to be clearer and more organized while allowing all to have a say, and it is ripe to be passed into law; for the sake of consiceness I am including it in this bill to be passed together. An omnibus of sorts, but a good one for a change!

------------

The full text of this bill now reads:

Quote:
In recognition of the need for clarification and reorganization of the Imperial Diplomatic Court, the following is proposed to be added to Imperial Law:

a) The "Council of the Crowned" discussion forum is reserved specifically for those with a seat on the Council - only those with a rank of King/Queen may speak here.

b) "The House of Dukes" discussion forum is reserved specifically for those with a seat in the House of Dukes - only those with a rank of Duke may speak here.

c) The Imperial Parliament will, effective immediately on the passing of this bill, be reorganized into three (3) subsections:

i) Proposed Legislation: A location for any and all members of the community to offer ideas for or to propose legislation, to freely discuss and debate proposed legislation, and to finalize wording for proposed legislation.

ii) Council of the Crowned Discussion and Voting: A location where all proposed legislation, once finalized by the community, is sent to be discussed and voted upon solely by the Council of the Crowned. Only the Council of the Crowned may speak here.

iii) Passed Legislation: A location where all passed legislation is stored, to provide a complete and concise record of all passed legislation.

------------

Thank you to everyone who contributed - I believe this wording allows for both greater organization and greater accesability. Looking forward to your thoughts and, hopefully, your votes!

------------

Votes Required for a Majority (60%): 3

Votes Acquired:

Vaethra: 1

Votes Remaining: 2

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 11:32 am 
King

My vote for that is granted. ^

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 11:34 am 
King

Thanks sir!

Forums Administrator