All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 5:50 am 
King

I see nothing wrong with what is written myself, this legislation would have my support.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 7:22 pm 
King

Looks good to me!

of River's End

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 7:30 pm 
Duke

The language should also mention the House of Dukes ascension timeframe. Also, should we say that failing to vote after a month should count as abstaining or as a no vote?

Duke language proposal:

Active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes may officially record a vote for or against an application for ascension to the House of Dukes within two weeks. If active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned or the House of Dukes do not officially record a vote for or against within one month, their vote shall be recorded as a vote against the application. Members of the Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes reserve the right to record a vote for or against an application for any reason, and may set conditions for their vote which must be satisfied by the applicant within a set timeframe. If these conditions are not satisfied, the member in question reserves their right to record a vote against the application.

Potential Count language:

Active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes may officially record a vote for or against an application for ascension to Count within two weeks. If active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned or the House of Dukes do not officially record a vote for or against within one month, their vote shall be recorded as a vote against the application. Members of the Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes reserve the right to record a vote for or against an application for any reason, and may set conditions for their vote which must be satisfied by the applicant within a set timeframe. If these conditions are not satisfied, the member in question reserves their right to record a vote against the application.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 7:40 pm 

I'm not sure we need it to be a no vote for Duke necessarily. It's not as big of a deal as a King application is.

Also, there's no need for Count legislation here considering that's up to the liege.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 9:25 pm 
Duke

I am in agreement with Mark here: Independent Duke and Count applications will never be as important as King applications so these things aren't really needed.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 10:45 pm 
Duke

I suggested its inclusion not as a matter of importance but because I have spent considerable time waiting for votes in the past and having these requirements makes sure people's applications don't languish like mine did.

Also, I think we should include language for counts anyways seeing as it is still possible for serfs to end up under the Council of the Crowned, as in the case of Caesar and pre-unraveling players returning.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 10:57 pm 

Fair enough points. Should we just make the rules the same for everything Duke and below then?

PostPosted: August 9th, 2016, 3:42 am 
Duke

Mark Stefan wrote:
Fair enough points. Should we just make the rules the same for everything Duke and below then?

I think that's a good idea.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 2:07 pm 
King

Just out of curiosity why are we making separate requirements in the Ascension section? Don't we cover inactivity already in imperial matters and such? Overlap may create some confusion?

Is this another inactivity/voting law or is this the same as the one voted on before? If it is the same then we should refer to the laws already in place rather thathatn recreate the same laws in another area.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 5:31 pm 

Scrios IV wrote:
Just out of curiosity why are we making separate requirements in the Ascension section? Don't we cover inactivity already in imperial matters and such? Overlap may create some confusion?

Is this another inactivity/voting law or is this the same as the one voted on before? If it is the same then we should refer to the laws already in place rather thathatn recreate the same laws in another area.

The other law only concerned activity with regards to legislation.

Considering the nature of ascensions, especially of King ascensions, the other bill doesn't touch those activity requirements.

Any input you have here is most welcomed. We've not been moving ahead with this one quite yet because many of us in mumble are unsure of what to do to achieve what we want.

We've identified several problems with the current process, and want to help that, but we don't want to make it easier to ascend rank. We just want a clearer way to do so? I suppose. Also, we want to make sure that the Kings feel comfortable saying no when it needs to be said.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next