All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 3:49 am 
King

The line of thinking that led to this proposal being conceived as a separate Act was that rank ascension is in some ways more significant than legislation - it is de facto permanent, and - especially in the case of ascension to King - signifies a great conscious decision by the community to place their trust in an individual. Thus it was felt that special provisions should be made to ensure that all voters have their say barring some undue inconvenience, whereupon a unanimous vote must be taken to remove their vote from teh voting pool.

No one can deny that Myron is an active King who deserves a say in all new KIng applications; if he was unreachable for a month, we would still want his voice to count in a KIng application. This proposal would protect the importance of our rank ascension process.

Hope this makes sense. Do let me know if you have any other concerns/if I missed something.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 3:33 pm 
King

I 100℅ agree with Nic on this. Lots of debate and discussions were had and this was the best conclusion we could come up with that protected our traditions but still allowed for possible ascension for the higher ranks.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 1:04 am 
Duke

I don't see how this expedites or clarifies the ascension process. The proposed language seems to only make it so Duke and King applications have to be resubmitted every two months until it succeeds or the applicant gives up. It also puts a hurdle in front of suspending the voting power of Dukes and Kings, which further frustrates the voting process.

I also don't think this should have been put to a vote a mere three days after the latest language was proposed and with ongoing discussion still occurring.