All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 8:59 pm 
King

I would definitely like to talk about this on mumble. I don't think we can void certain votes as it definitely would make it easier to ascend. However, reducing the time it takes to get a vote may be beneficial some how.

For the King ascension discussion. Most kingly votes required for this are normally addressed in a timely manner. If a king wants to vote then they normally do that. They should have to say if they don't want to though as well. The other problem that normally happens is schedulingg a visit. I don't think a law could address this though.

We have to be cautious how this is written.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 9:02 pm 

Scrios IV wrote:
I would definitely like to talk about this on mumble. I don't think we can void certain votes as it definitely would make it easier to ascend. However, reducing the time it takes to get a vote may be beneficial some how.

For the King ascension discussion. Most kingly votes required for this are normally addressed in a timely manner. If a king wants to vote then they normally do that. They should have to say if they don't want to though as well. The other problem that normally happens is schedulingg a visit. I don't think a law could address this though.

We have to be cautious how this is written.

Agreed.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 2:29 am 
King

Extensive discussion and brainstorming including Mark, Scrios, Atryl, Sam, Darius, and myself has resulted in this proposed and reviewed language:

The Independent Ascension Application Activity Act

In addition to the requirements for ascension outlined in the Indoles Carta, the following provisions govern the voting process for applications for rank ascension.

Application for Ascension to King/Queen

Dukes residing in land independent of any other realm recognized under the Council of the Crowned may apply for ascension to the rank of King/Queen of the Council of the Crowned.

a) From the time at which the application for ascension is formally declared in the Imperial Court (posted on the forums), a period of one mercannum (one month) is allowed for voting by members of the Council of the Crowned as outlined in Section II of the Indoles Carta.

b) During this period, members of the Council of the Crowned may record a vote for or against the application; though not required, it is strongly encouraged to provide a rationale behind the vote cast. Members of the Council of the Crowned may set conditions for their vote which must be satisfied by the applicant within a set timeframe, potentially extending the voting period.

c) At the conclusion of the voting period, members of the Council of the Crowned who have not recorded a formal (posted as a response) vote for or against the application shall have their vote recorded as a vote against the application.

d) If an application does not receive the required unanimous (100%) vote in support as outlined in Section II of the Indoles Carta within the voting period, the application is unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications may be resubmitted no earlier than one mercannum (one month) after the application failed.

Application for Ascension to Duke Under the Council of the Crowned

Counts residing in land independent of any other realm recognized under the Council of the Crowned may apply for ascension to the rank of Duke.

a) From the time at which the application for ascension is formally declared in the Imperial Court (posted on the forums), a period of one mercannum (one month) is allowed for voting by members of the Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes as outlined in Section II of the Indoles Carta.

b) During this period, members of the Council of the Crowned and members of the House of Dukes may record a vote for or against the application; though not required, it is strongly encouraged to provide a rationale behind the vote cast. Members of the Council of the Crowned and members of the House of Dukes may set conditions for their vote which must be satisfied by the applicant within a set timeframe, potentially extending the voting period.

c) At the conclusion of the voting period, members of the Council of the Crowned who have not recorded a formal (posted as a response) vote for or against the application shall have their vote recorded as a vote against the application.

d) If an application does not receive the required vote in support as outlined in Section II of the Indoles Carta within the voting period, the application is unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications may be resubmitted no earlier than one mercannum (one month) after the application failed.

Inactivity of Members for the Purposes of Rank Ascension

a) If a sitting member of the Council of the Crowned is not seen within the lands of the Mercurian Empire (appears in-game) or active in official diplomatic channels (posts on the forums) for a period of one mercannum (one month), the Council of the Crowned may by unanimous (all active sitting members other than the individual whose activity is in question) vote declare the individual inactive for the purposes of rank ascension. Their vote shall no longer be counted towards voting thresholds required by the Council of the Crowned for votes on rank ascension applications.

b) If a sitting member of the House of Dukes is not seen within the lands of the Mercurian Empire (appears in-game) or active in official diplomatic channels (posts on the forums) for a period of one mercannum (one month), the House of Dukes may by unanimous (all active sitting members other than the individual whose activity is in question) vote declare the individual inactive for the purposes of rank ascension. Their vote shall no longer be counted towards voting thresholds required by the House of Dukes for votes on rank ascension applications.

Community feedback is welcome and encouraged!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 3:00 am 

Are we going to pass this as is and amend it to include the odd independent Vassal to count later? I thought we were going to just pass this after we clarified ascension requirements.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 3:06 am 
King

I believe this covers the good majority of our conversations and debates. In the section of "Ascension" we should address what happens to a vassal of their King quits the world or is banned (in more political language). The Independent Count and up requirements are already covered.

When that happens the proposed activity requirements should reflect "Independent Counts and Dukes".

I think that would cover all areas in question.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 3:36 am 

Scrios IV wrote:
I believe this covers the good majority of our conversations and debates. In the section of "Ascension" we should address what happens to a vassal of their King quits the world or is banned (in more political language). The Independent Count and up requirements are already covered.

When that happens the proposed activity requirements should reflect "Independent Counts and Dukes".

I think that would cover all areas in question.

Agreed.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 2:28 pm 
King

Good work allies. Well crafted, and well brainstormed.

I like that we now mention lore time and real time in our legal texts too. Nicholas, Mark, Scrios, Arjen, Chairmen, and everyone else working hard to balance traditional and modern values, great work. I cant possibly mention all the contributors to our great laws, but the above name have been profoundly active on these issues, and we all benefit.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 4:12 pm 

The Regent wrote:
Good work allies. Well crafted, and well brainstormed.

I like that we now mention lore time and real time in our legal texts too. Nicholas, Mark, Scrios, Arjen, Chairmen, and everyone else working hard to balance traditional and modern values, great work. I cant possibly mention all the contributors to our great laws, but the above name have been profoundly active on these issues, and we all benefit.

Exchange Arjen with Siden and you'd be correct

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 5:05 pm 
King

Arjen posts to most discussions but ya I meant Atryl. The Office of Imperial Affairs from Minerva extend its apologies for its bad habit of using old traditional house name instead of modern ones. We are rectifying this practice. Thanks all for your awesome work on all of this.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 3:34 am 
Duke

Should we make it so that it requires a unanimous vote to declare someone inactive? Shouldn't we just have our already existing activity laws (which include provisions for abstention) decide that? I think that if a Duke or King has failed to vote on a relevant application within the one month (one mercannum) timeframe, then their vote should be considered abstaining. This would force people to actually vote on these applications (and provide rational as has been suggested) rather than just ignore them. It would also prevent applications from being upheld by Dukes and Kings who are inactive, but have not had their voting power suspended in these cases. Also, this process is more consistent with our current laws regarding the matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next