All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 8:54 pm 

I'd like to propose some change to the voting requirements for rank ascension:

Code:
1. 1 month without posting on the forums or appearing in game puts you in inactive status for voting on ascensions.

2. Being inactive for ascension purposes means your vote is not included in the total number of votes the passing percentages are calculated from.

3. If active voters do not vote on a rank ascension, it is assumed to be a no vote.

4. If an application to ascend ranks fails, you must wait 1 (one) month from the time the vote failed to re-apply.

5. A member of the Council of the Crowned can put a stipulation on a vote for Kingship or Dukeship. They must specify a timeframe in which this stipulation must be completed. If it is not, the King has the right to vote no. Re-application rules still apply to this scenario.

6. Voting timeframes for ascensions shall last one month.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 9:25 pm 
Duke

I think this would greatly improve the speed and clarity of the ascension process. Good work!

PostPosted: August 6th, 2016, 3:49 am 
Duke

I think this is a great idea.

Should we include a requirement/recommendation that the reason for the failure to ascend be addressed by those who did not vote (at least for Kings)?

PostPosted: August 7th, 2016, 5:41 pm 
King

good idea chairman. whatever the reason it's helpful so that the applicant can get the necessary feedback.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2016, 5:49 pm 

Some people, including myself, felt that some reasons could be more harmful than beneficial. I'd like to defend the rights of the Council to say no without explanation.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2016, 9:06 pm 

I'd like to propose for all these numbers be halved if it is for a ducal ascension. Also, for ducal ascensions, if you don't vote on it after one month, it isn't a no vote - it's abstaining.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2016, 9:13 pm 
King

You've got my go ahead for the halving of Duke time, makes more sense.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2016, 10:35 pm 
King

Looks great. As soon as I heard the automatic abstention idea from the good sir, I knew it was a good idea.

Looks in good form, and will be coming great help. I tend to like both lore an non-lore time frames included, and this is a tempting one for mercannum.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 4:10 am 
Duke

Mark Stefan wrote:
Some people, including myself, felt that some reasons could be more harmful than beneficial. I'd like to defend the rights of the Council to say no without explanation.

Could you provide examples?

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 4:55 am 
King

I took a stab at adding these proposed changes to the relevant section of the Indoles Carta. If passed, they would become our first amendment to teh new Carta. Changes are highlighted in red.

------

The Indoles Carta

Recognition of a new King/Queen

Only sitting members of The Council of the Crowned can recognize Kings and Queens as official peers in the Council. A Kingdom remains divine and eternal once recognized, although inactive crowns may be forced to leave their seat in the Council vacant until their activity returns. A successful ascension to Kingdom must satisfy the following requirements:

a) Having established in their realm 2 duchies, comprised of 6 counties, as determined in unison by the Council of the Crowned.

b) Having established safe, secure, and extensive infrastructure as is serviceable for the prospective Kingdom, and as creates a safe and secure connection with the Empire via the Nether, as determined in unison by the Council of the Crowned.

c) Having proven themselves to represent the virtues of Hermertia and an outstanding member of Hermertia in the form of commitment, established personal lore, participation in Imperial lore and events, communal activity and relations, etc, as detailed in "Guidelines for Community Participation in Ascension to King/Queen", as determined in unison by the Council of the Crowned.

d) Having obtained a unanimous (100%) vote of assent from the Council of the Crowned.

For the purposes of ascensions to King/Queen, a unanimous vote of assent requires a vote in support of the application from all active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned. If a member of the Council of the Crowned is not seen within the lands of the Mercurian Empire (appears in-game) or active in official diplomatic channels (posts on the forums) for a period of one mercannum (one month), they are officially inactive. The votes of inactive members of the Council of the Crowned shall not be counted towards the unanimous vote of assent required for ascension to the Council of the Crowned.

Active sitting members may officially record a vote for or against an application for ascension to the Council of the Crowned within one month. If active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned do not officially record a vote for or against within one month, their vote shall be recorded as a vote against the application. Members of the Council reserve the right to record a vote for or against an application for any reason, and may set conditions for their vote which must be satisfied by the applicant within a set timeframe. If these conditions are not satisfied, the member in question reserves their right to record a vote against the application.

Applications which do not receive a unanimous (100%) vote of assent from the Council of the Crowned may be resubmitted after a period of one mercannum (one month) has passed.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator