All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 4:47 pm 
King

Greetings friends and allies. I would like to nominate for discussion the amendments to the Acts of Science and Physics, to recognize the need for a review on our understanding (lore off, gameplay changes) of combat.

The community seems to be of two camps on this issue: a) (lore off: use a mod that fixes it)., or b) limit what weapons are allowed in war.

It should be noted to even the most traditional and conservative voters, a camp perhaps I am often a member of for instance, that this change is needed due to significant natural stresses (lore off, a stupid mojang update). These are different than changes to longstanding practices.

Therefore, you can count on an easy vote from me on what ever model the community prefers.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 4:55 pm 

The Regent wrote:
Greetings friends and allies. I would like to nominate for discussion the amendments to the Acts of Science and Physics, to recognize the need for a review on our understanding (lore off, gameplay changes) of combat.

The community seems to be of two camps on this issue: a) (lore off: use a mod that fixes it)., or b) limit what weapons are allowed in war.

It should be noted to even the most traditional and conservative voters, a camp perhaps I am often a member of for instance, that this change is needed due to significant natural stresses (lore off, a stupid mojang update). These are different than changes to longstanding practices.

Therefore, you can count on an easy vote from me on what ever model the community prefers.

I'm gone for the day, someone post a summary of our findings from battling the last few days on the creative server.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 5:10 pm 
King

Okay, so what we found in testing is that using protection IV dia armor and enchanted tools and potions and all the other shit iso overpowered. Nobody dies as long as they remembrance to keep their hunger full. The most fair and fun fightback found was using unechanted iron armor swords bows. No potions, no lava or fire, no notch apples. Lesser armor and you die too easily, enchanted weapons same thing. The downside of this is even a few wolves can wreck you very quickly in iron armor, which is what sparked the whole should they be allowed in war conversation.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:49 pm 
King

But now the number of restrictions is getting pretty heavy. No potions, lava, and other longstanding combat elements? I recommend a mod instead of such complex honour rules, if the list if such a mod is out there (I'm sure it is now).

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 11:01 pm 
King

we can explore a bunch of options.

maybe a mod is the best option if one exists. (for wars of course and not all the time, although again that can be debated another time).

fairness and keeping things interesting: with actual fear of death and ability to focus down targets and having to use cover and such.

mojangs changes are a pain to deal with but we can make accurate changes to war rules because we're a top sort of community.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 1:17 am 

For more events and war battles, the organizer sets the terms. Iron only, no potions was found to be the best balance, but it's something that can change per event possibly.

For real wars, idk. Prot4 armor is just so crazy. We still need to test lingering potion arrows against them.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 2:41 am 
Duke

From what I've seen lingering arrows are very good.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine