All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wolf Rights Bill
PostPosted: July 25th, 2016, 7:28 pm 

Orell wrote:
This is an interesting topic! There are lots of people on both sides but I believe there is room for topic and an amiable solution. First, I'd like to start off by saying I don't think there are many people with two wolves to begin breeding to begin with (I may be mistaken, but I believe The Regent is the only one). That being said, I think the concerns are definitely valid. If there's only one person who's able to produce an war item that's untradeable, I can see why the need for these laws would arise.

I do think there's room for compromise, though.

These suggestions are with the presumption that total war means no holds bar, that means, diamond armor, potions, etc. First, in cases of total war, those in the defending position should be limited to 75 dogs per breeder. The reason being that there should, realistically, be an advantage to those in the defending position. If the owner of the wolves is in the attacking position, I say we limit it to 30 dogs per attacking breeder. It doesn't make sense that an attacker shouldn't use something to his/her advantage. Second, users that are using wolves are not allowed to ender pearl. Personally I think this makes sense so that people playing against wolves can defend against them adequately.

That being said, lore battles should have compromise from both attacking and defending sides. Both parties should decide on what is legal and what isn't. This includes wolves, potions, types of armor, etc. so that both parties are satisfied. My only gripe is you could almost view this agreement as a contract, and if a person breaks the contract in battle, what is the precedent for punishment, if contract law isn't internationally recognized? Some food for thought.

I'd also like to note that the current battle style of "team deathmatch" is very boring and there is a lot of room for improvement. I think I'll make a second post and possible game modes to allow for more flexible/more interesting strategies in battle.

Anyways those are my two cents and I think my proposition allows for a healthier discussion, because currently it seems like the two camps are "no wolf laws, as many wolves in battle" and "wolf laws, one wolf per battle".

1.10 changed something with wolves, so many of us have found them in just the last week or so.

It would be impossible to count that many, plus, invisibility potions.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2016, 7:31 pm 
Duke

Eleazar wrote:
Not that my vote will count when the time to tally arises but I am in favor of option B; however, with one small change. Instead of 1 wolf, raise it to a max of 2.

My reasoning is mostly the way I imagine that a real wolf would feel better having another wolf around.

I am fine with keeping it under 5 honestly. 3 is my limit but I am okay with 2. Thoughts?

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 2:26 am 
King

This is a very interesting topic indeed.

The people of Perth and a few others have historically used wolves in battle. They are a symbolic creature within our realm and a welcomed companion in battle.

That being said, I don't think we need hordes of dogs but I also don't think that they need to be banned in battle entirely. This would prevent lore on some peoples part, especially when they are part of the culture of some realms.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 3:54 pm 
King

5 Seems fine to me.

We are a server of honourable people. If you are wishing to go against the will of the Mercurian People and use splash potions of invisibility on your wolves to disguise a larger number then why even bother showing up for a fight. We all might as well just surrender and not even show up. Its a fight for fun using skill and the tools available to us. Wolves are another item to be used, but unlike your inventory, they are infinitely stackable which is unfair.

5 Seems fine to me. Honour the spirit of fighting. Dont use an easily spammable mechanic to win your fights. Use actual skill, political or fighting related, to win with allies or strength of skill and combat, or both!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:21 pm 
King

I agree with Sam.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:29 pm 
King

This could still allow a meta of wolves and wolf checks, so I like it. Teams would still need to predict their presence and react accordingly with five per combatants, so I agree with this number.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:31 pm 
Duke

Version B

Upon hearing the opinions of others, I believe it is time to ban the mass use of tamed wolves within war and to protect them from impractical uses within the Empire.

1. Wolves shall not be allowed to be bred en masse for any purpose other than domestic use.

a. Whereas 'domestic use' refers to the status of being a pet to an individual or family.

2. Wolves may be employed in combat but shall be limited to five (5) per combatant in the case of legal war.

3. Tamed wolves shall not be slain or abused by any person(s) except when said wolf in engaged in combat.

b. Tamed wolves can be slain within a period of recognized war.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:31 pm 

5 is cool with me as well, everybody be honorable of course. We should say in this potential law that having over 5 in war would result in severe punishment via a war crimes trial.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:44 pm 
King

Which raises a point. I assume this is an amendment to the rules of war act as opposed to its own? For organization-sake?

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:47 pm 
King

That is actually a good point. Let's make an amendment to the area where applicable so we can keep it all together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next