All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 2:46 pm 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Sounds good to me, Regent, you're a dab hand at this stuff.

Why does that sound good? We're rewriting the entire section , and if some is kept, that's up to Nicholas I suppose because he's writing the new section.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 2:51 pm 
King

Thanks for all the input and constructive, critical, or kind comments! This is a great step, and will lead to the emperor elections, so I look forward to further input from other kings a members of the community.

Note: I have edited the eligibility for judge section accordingly, essentially delegating the emperor status to purely symbolic. Guidelines passed by Nick will help too! But at least the constitution doesn't give undue powers to the emperor.

An additional note: I have converted references to 'weeks' from the current indole Carta facsimile, which is incorrect in Hemertia time. I converted it to years, assuming if my memory serves me correct that four days IRL is actually a year in our time. I did this for Duke vetoeing time limits and inactive king sections. Of course definitely change it if I made a mistake

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 2:55 pm 
King

Two thing Mark:

One, by law, any king can propose legislation. Since no one else was doing it, I got the ball rolling. If the community, including nick, prefers a different thread for this, cool! Nothing stopping us from exploring both.

Two: I recommend, although it is optional of course, that Nick post his edits here to consolidate the constitutional amendment reflections. It's up to the entire community to shape the discussions, not just you, I, or Nick. But we're off to a great start! Thanks for your passion; I heard a lot about it, and we all benefit as a result.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 3:06 pm 

The Regent wrote:
Thanks for all the input and constructive, critical, or kind comments! This is a great step, and will lead to the emperor elections, so I look forward to further input from other kings a members of the community.

Note: I have edited the eligibility for judge section accordingly, essentially delegating the emperor status to purely symbolic. Guidelines passed by Nick will help too! But at least the constitution doesn't give undue powers to the emperor.

An additional note: I have converted references to 'weeks' from the current indole Carta facsimile, which is incorrect in Hemertia time. I converted it to years, assuming if my memory serves me correct that four days IRL is actually a year in our time. I did this for Duke vetoeing time limits and inactive king sections. Of course definitely change it if I made a mistake

A year is 5 days, then whatever is leftover at the end of the month belongs to the 6th year

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 3:07 pm 

The Regent wrote:
Two thing Mark:

One, by law, any king can propose legislation. Since no one else was doing it, I got the ball rolling. If the community, including nick, prefers a different thread for this, cool! Nothing stopping us from exploring both.

Two: I recommend, although it is optional of course, that Nick post his edits here to consolidate the constitutional amendment reflections. It's up to the entire community to shape the discussions, not just you, I, or Nick. But we're off to a great start! Thanks for your passion; I heard a lot about it, and we all benefit as a result.

Perhaps work with Nic to incorporate the legacy language, seeing as most of it doesn't conflict? Also, much of the community has been involved with the new Emperor election laws and procedures. I think we've spent more time talking about this law than just about any other legal topic combined in the last few months, and we've been talking about it intensely for only 3 days! Those discussions have been documented:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=748&start=20

See Nic's long post there.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 3:10 pm 
King

I'm doing that with this thread :) Nick, post here if you prefer?

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 5:07 pm 

The Regent wrote:
I'm doing that with this thread :) Nick, post here if you prefer?

We already have a thread for that, we don't need to bog that down in voting for something else

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 6:29 pm 
King

We don't have a proposed legislation thread, only an informal thread (which is also important.). But this is a good place to discuss things formally.

Also I agree about not bogging things down. Since it is a constitutional discussion, now and here is the prime place to do that. Why have several different constitutional threads when we can consolidate it here :)

You already admitted your preference to completely disregard the old constitution, which is a totally valid opinion, but not everyone agrees. I say this based on your mumble feedback and your dismissive insistence on separating constitutional discussion sections. My assumption could be wrong though. If so, apologies!

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 6:58 pm 

The Regent wrote:
You already admitted your preference to completely disregard the old constitution, which is a totally valid opinion, but not everyone agrees. I say this based on your mumble feedback and your dismissive insistence on separating constitutional discussion sections. My assumption could be wrong though. If so, apologies!

That's not what I said. I said we should be careful, as has just about everyone else in the empire, with regards to bringing back in sections of a document that was long lost.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 8:29 pm 
King

Not long lost, just sleeping in memories. The vast majority of the community had the old constitution; only a small few never seen it. And the good news is it is almost identical to modern practices, but adds more details. The current one lacks a few details that could have introduced problems later had circumstances arisen :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next