All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 5:53 pm 
Duke

The thing is Roglar, as we discussed before this is really all about what the dukes need to try to get to. none of this is strictly required, overall it is who the kings feel are fit to be a king.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 5:57 pm 
King

I think I'm going to start requiring people to be friends with the fish lord

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 9:10 pm 
King

"Servicible" means exactly that: usable, adequate, and sufficient for the needs of the realm in question. As is left open in the current language, this must innevitably be determined on a case-by-case by the Council, as different realms will obviously have different infasteucture requirements and different thresholds for what might be regarded as "complete" or "servicible". For example, Wysteria's infastructure requirements - land connections with a sprinkling of maratime trade routes and extensive Nether connections owing to its geographic locatio. - are going to differ in specifics from, say, Perth's. It is, I think fairly pointless to try to legislate additional specifications beyond that; each realm is going to have unique needs, not to mention cultural preferences or asthetic styles. The goal is to provide a framework for a complete infastructure while allowing the Council to judge what each realm needs in order to be considered servicible - I think there is substantial agreement that this language satisfies that, though it goes without saying that I would welcome proposed clarifications.

We've wrangled over the two extremes - exact checklist vs complete Council leeway - in the ascension to King/Queen over this thread, and ultimately the requirement for "Community Involvement" is always going to be the most nebulous one - everyone agrees we need to take it into account, but it is exceedingly tricky to quantitatively measure it. The goal with point c) is to create a legal document (similar to the lists drafted early in this thread) that lists suitable activities that demostrate community involvement that the Council may use asexamples to take into consideration. I feel as though this language provides a nice middle-ground

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: March 28th, 2016, 11:03 am 
Duke

Excellent argument Nicholas, I would be inclined to agree.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 3:53 am 
King

Drinking buddies with the tee total Sam :p
Good discussions we've been having. It's been delicious so far to read.