All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 4:05 am 
King

I also wouldn't want to make this an intra-realm thing, the never is good enough for that. In my opinion this should remain inter-realm to help nations that are very disconnected to be part of the larger community.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 4:12 am 

Kyn wrote:
I also wouldn't want to make this an intra-realm thing, the never is good enough for that. In my opinion this should remain inter-realm to help nations that are very disconnected to be part of the larger community.

Weird, you voiced support for this idea yesterday. I suppose you might have been confused by the language, but it definitely meant within a realm.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 4:30 am 
King

Kyn, as a heads up: The connection from Acholm(Imperial Sea) to Gallen (Sea of Reflection) is like having point A to point C, Mark might some day make a port on the sea of reflection, which would be a connection to Gallen. It would be adding a "point B" between Acholm and Gallen, and it'd be a natural extension of the network, not just a selfish use of the line.

The law when written was going to allow for this in some form. Maybe not a direct route between them but there was always going to be a way to get to your second fast travel point through other connections.

We do this to open our world up and to make awesome port cities that contribute to our Realms and give significant motivation - which cannot be underestimated - to play through this construction and opening up of areas. Our world survives as we evolve with it. People can drift off and we have to stop that somehow.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 4:37 am 

Sam's point could be made for many other possible future connections:

* Imperial Sea at Secara to the Casadian Sea, if a new realm pops up on its eastern side.

* Glas Claddach to Tremaine on Loch Aberdeen

* Port K'Valsaer to a future point on the Sea of Ashes

* Any other point where a realm could settle on a minor sea, and a realm spans the distance from the major sea to the minor sea.

My feeling is that if you don't have the possibility for intra-realm travel from one sea to the other, then how do you justify river fast travel points? Legally, right now I could (if i owned the land and built a town there) go from Acholm to Gallen to this other future point. This change would allow for a normal extension of that line, with the new point as the mid point on the way from the rest of the empire to Gallen.

The discussion here has been largely aimed at figuring out requirements that many feel (again, these people need to actually post on the forums so forum warriors who aren't in discord know) are logically necessary.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 3:29 am 
King

Sorry for the confusion. I more meant to not just make it a lazy way for realms to avoid nether creation. I am all for linking up other realms to each other or to making a port in the same realm as a central point/station that many connections branch out from (a word escapes me right now to describe this as i am exhausted lol).

But yes, I think what I meant got lost in translation. What you guys are laying out makes sense and I still like the wording we discussed for sure.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 4:09 am 

Kyn wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. I more meant to not just make it a lazy way for realms to avoid nether creation. I am all for linking up other realms to each other or to making a port in the same realm as a central point/station that many connections branch out from (a word escapes me right now to describe this as i am exhausted lol).

But yes, I think what I meant got lost in translation. What you guys are laying out makes sense and I still like the wording we discussed for sure.

Nether creation definitely has to still exist. No fast travel point can ever be approved again without proper nether. Unfortunately some were... but that's a different argument for a different time.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 4:34 am 
King

Ok would you like anything else in terms of suggestions from me? I feel that the wording is good for what I would be looking for but I can try and offer an opinion if need be on other items.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 5:00 am 

Kyn wrote:
Ok would you like anything else in terms of suggestions from me? I feel that the wording is good for what I would be looking for but I can try and offer an opinion if need be on other items.

Yeah, there's that form a few posts up that would be awesome if people actually filled out! We need to figure out what extra requirements, if any for these intra-realm points

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 4:38 pm 
King

I feel that we need a way to decide whether a fast travel point should be river based or large canal based. My best example is the access to the Isilian Sea. I would hate to see it as river based when the Sea is actually substantially sized, because there is a thin strip of land separating it from the Valaryian sea with a disjointed river system. Not sure if this would need to be voted on by a case to case basis or not though.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 3:36 am 
King

* Should the realm in question need to build a full size physical canal?

- I personally think that the canal should be of a size to allow at least a medium size (trade) ship through it. Trade would be the viable argument for the connection in the first place (be it of knowledge, products, technology, etc).

* Should the realm in question need to build a system of smaller canals and connected Minecraft rivers to justify the connection?

- On top of the "river" that would be used for the travel? Since the connections, if people need to make them wider, would take a reasonable amount of time I would say just one. I may be missing the question.

* Should the two places being connected both have higher requirements, or just one of them?

- Both. I say this because both parties should be vested in making the connection. Therefore, bolstering both settlements would be ideal in my opinion.

* Should intra-realm connections be limited to Dukes and above?

- May be a good idea. I would say at least a Count. The reason I say Duke may be good is that we are always trying to find ways to get people hungry to be promoted.

The following should be filled out by people saying yes to the above question:

* How many boats should the higher requirements require, considering this would be considered a river travel point and not a standard one with full size boats?

- at least a couple of trade size ships and some river boats (2-3). Larger ships probably wouldn't be as critical as a sea port.

* What kind of industry should be mandatory over normal requirements?

- As there is so many different types of industry out there, I am not sure how to answer this question. Something to "trade" I guess?

* How many buildings should the higher requirements require?

- living quarters, food stock, trade post, etc. Maybe don't focus so much on quantity and more of the required "facilities" and items that a settlement should have. Some people may add more to meet a requirement than others and vice versa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next