All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lineage
PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 10:12 pm 
Duke

"My lord Darius, the mules have been bred and are being leashed," called the voice of Remus, an explorer in the Vahnic Exploration Company. "They should be matured by tomorrow's full moon. Should I prepare rations now or wait until dawn?"

"Remus, prepare them now. The ride north is unforgiving and will take some time," responded Darius, head of the Company. "the sooner we leave, the better."

Darius Stark had ordered his own Company to set out on a relocation mission to transport several hundred peoples to the Grand County of Laghima. Though, these people were no ordinary ones; they were the long lost race of peoples known as Karsites. In fact, the Stark family was descended from one prominent surviving dynasty of the people. The company was not gaining any resources or payment from this mission, but it was gaining reputation and helping a near destroyed people. For, The Unraveling that set across the Empire nearly wiped out the entire race, a fraction of what was once a great people now linger in despair and shambles.

As the day dwindled down into the eager night guided by the shining moon, Darius and Remus sat patiently waiting for their freshly produced pack of Mules who were easing into their mature age so that they could be ridden properly. A large amount of them were bred over the past months in order to assure that the Karsite peoples' journey to Laghima would be somewhat comfortable and more importantly, fast.

"It's about time, Remus. I'm going to call Timur and Esyri." whispered Darius as he stood up on the strawed stable floor. "Esyri, Timur, a word please."

"What is it, brother?" said Esyri as he and Timur entered the stable from the rear entrance.

"The mission is upon us now. It is important that the Karsites are secured properly and safely before we leave." explained Darius with a serious tone. "When we arrive in the Stone Peninsula, a representative elected by all of the tribes will greet us and demand a tribute to sacrifice. We give them the sheep and we discuss how many we are willing to take. Understand how this will work?"

"Yes, Darius. We aren't children." spat Timur. "This representative will most likely hail from the strongest Tribe, which my sources identify as the Bratik Tribe. Easily bribed, and convinced. With our supplies and sanity we can lead around 900."

"Your sources, Timur?" whispered Esyri, who was going to be acting as regent while Darius was gone.

"Quiet, Esyri. Unless you want to lose your tongue!"

"Good. I expect nothing but the best work from you both." said Darius as he harnessed a mule nearby. "Also, Timur, I order you to behave on this trip. Or else you will be punished. Now get ready to leave in an hour."

Everyone left Laghima with one thought on their mind: make this trip quick. The journey north was unforgiving, the forest ahead was cold and filled with dark beings of all kinds. The Stone Peninsula was supposedly worth the journey though, with beautiful gravel beaches and a plentiful supply of meat and pride.

As the Company arrived to their location, as predicted they were greeted by the representative.

"Afendis! Karsiti o' Comun?" spoke the representative in the native tongue of the Karsites, Karsiti.

"Common Langauge, sir." said Darius.

"Hello, my friends. Honored, it is to see you all here. I am representative Barus Odera, of the Bratik Tribe." said Barus, taking a pause to make a gesture to the structures behind him. "This peninsula has been our home for several mercannum now. It has endured the wars of our people, and the great collapse of society. We ask that you respect it."

"Darius, give him the offerings now." whispered Timur who rode his mule up next to Darius'.

"Great Barus, we thank you for having us. Please accept these offerings from our Company and land as a token of our respect." said Darius, as he commanded the sheep offerings be brought forward.

"Yes, finely groomed Sheep. This will be a fine offering to our people. Welcome home, Stadir. said Barus, ordering one of his own men to take the sheep into a structure behind him. "Come Darius and Timur, we have terms to settle."

"As you know, Barus, the Stark Family are Karsites. Both my mother and father were Karsites and had Karsite lineage. We take pride in our heritage, good sir." said Darius as he, Timur and Barus walked. "Reconnecting with our people is one of the most anticipated things in our family."

"Yes. I remember my father telling me of your family's origins whence we heard of Albus' demise some time ago. Jeda Stadir, an orphan at the age of seven, set out working long and hard, many moons ago. She established the Tribe of Jedaka which rose to regional dominance by the time she was twenty three." revealed Barus. "Stadir wasn't her last name always, but it was the one she adopted. It's where Stark derives from, most likely. Jeda only had two children, unfortunately."

"Interesting, how my family's tales are remembered so much." thought Darius, who did not want to interrupt and upset his guide.

"The Unraveling, as you Imperials call it, destroyed many, and Jeda's tribe was one of the many destroyed in the Karsite Wars. After losing most of the respect she earned, she fled to a fledgling island kingdom somewhere east of our current lands. She was smart." continued Barus with a look of sorrow on his face now.

"I can only imagine the pain our peoples' felt." whispered Timur.

"Yes, great pain was felt. Jeda salvaged what she could and she faded into obscurity as her family survived on by a thread in their new home. Generations later, war tore the fledgling island kingdom apart, and all but one of her descendants perished. You know the rest, my friends. If you would like to read more about similar families, visit our library."

"Of course, Barus, I shall. Thank you for the tale, my friend." said Darius, shaking Barus' large hand. "With the resources we have at hand we can carry no more than 900 Karsites back to Laghima with us."

"900? Awfully a lot." whispered Barus under his breath. "We have been broken and unchained for so long now. Though I believe you will rekindle our lost flame, Darius Stark. I will send 834 of our people, including one of our librarians who details family history. I will visit in five years' time to see the progress of my people, and if it is fit, we will send more so long as you accept them. Deal, my friend?"

"Accept it, Darius. We are lucky he offered us a good enough deal. We have a surplus amount of resources for the trip now." whispered Timur who was attempting to smile at Barus.

"Naturally, we accept. We shall leave in two days' time, my good sir. We thank you."

The trip back to Laghima was nothing but exciting for the Company. Leading over 900 people, company members and Karsites alike, through nasty terrain was enough entertainment for this era. Many of these peoples were settled in communities such as the counties of Serva and Arahn. Darius and Timur Stark were heralded as heroes of their lineage.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

Last edited by Darius V on July 22nd, 2016, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Lineage
PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 3:48 pm 
King

It is a grand gesture of humanitarian work that your people and your organisation have provided for these displaced and lost survivors of the Karsite race. I hope their re-integration has gone successfully?

One day your council could be put to use in helping unite at least a few of the wandering Aethen(Snow Elf) tribes native to the Dawnstar area and beyond.

Long live House Stadir, Long live House Stark.