All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 4:34 am 
King

This thread will be used to document all historic events that occur in Phoenix 00-00. Please phrase them in a way that you think would be appropriate for the library someday when it is back up.

Phoenix 00-00:
-The city of Amora is founded by King Arjen III and Count Atryl Rua in western Ertia, along the border of New Isilioth.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 4:09 pm 
King

For the record this is a great idea. We should do this for all events.
Phoenix 00-00:
- Duchy of Loitomalla is founded in Perth by Samaia Almandine, including the counties of Stromgart and Syvää Quarry. Contact re-established with far flung isolated northern Perthian settlements.

Phoenix 00-01:
- Diplomatic ties between the Kingdom of Perth and the Dukedom of Wysteria occurs. Ahead of a crew of shipwrights, Duchess Samaia leads a delegation of diplomats to renew alliances and trade agreements between the East and the West. A Royal Yacht is gifted to the Wysterians.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 5:07 pm 
Count

Since Hermertia is growing, should we limit the listed events to only major things like new duchies, major changes to laws, rank ascension to kingship, major border changes, major co-builds and the sort, or do we can to include the founding of new cities, rank ascension to count/duke, etc.?

Personally I think anything that isn't major should be included in the realms pages and biographies so that the timeline remains somewhat concise.

Cycle of the Phoenix
1st Era
00-00 - Duchy of Loitomalla is founded in Perth by Samaia Almandine. - Contact re-established with isolated northern Perthian settlements.
00-01 - Wysteria's Netherline is built, linking the Duchy to the rest of Hermertia. - Diplomatic ties occur between the Kingdom of Perth and the Duchy of Wysteria when Duchess Samaia leads a delegation of diplomats to renew alliances and gift Wysteria with a Perthian royal yacht.
00-02 - The Ministry of Applications and Settlement leads a campaign leading to an influx of new settlers.
00-03 - Duchy of Carrickshire is founded in Perth by Duke Ferris.
00-04
00-05 - Endermen attacks steadily increase and become a major safety concern.
00-06 - King Scrios III of Perth announces his engagement to a young serf from Wysteria, but tragically dies hours before the wedding, thus damaging the relationship between Perth and Wysteria. - The Independent Duchy of Dawnstar is founded by Duchess Samaia Almandine, after a redrawing of Perth and Isilioth's borders.
00-07 - Revision of the kingship application process by the Council of the Crowned.

Coming events
The Imperial Library is rebuilt. - The Ministry of Applications and Settlement leads a campaign leading to an influx of new settlers. - The Ender Dragon returns, the people of Hermertia join forces to overcome the threat.

There's more I'm sure, but I can't think of or find the information. If you post more I'll integrate it to this post for easy copy paste to the library.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 6:39 pm 
King

As Minister for Hermertian History, I want a thread like this every month to reflect on the Mercannum's happenings. 'Important' events but also personal activities in a Timeline format. The details of which should be posted in the appropriate Realm forum or Imperial Court, etc.

Big news can be at the top, with a large header

Important Events for the Mercannum that I have personally attended in.

Then include other things that you have done.

"Individual Timeline for the Mercannum, while not as Important for lore or conciseness, still relevant to write down and keep records of"

I don't want people to miss out on posting their happenings. The main posting should be in the Realms page with all the details, and a link to the particular event, but I want a list of everything here in this Ministry sub forum to easily access the timeline from everyone's happenings.

This allows for a personal timeline through the ages, and also allows us to pick the "big important stuff" for the major historical timeline of great importance.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 7:01 pm 
Count

The Library will have a History main section under which each Cycle will have its own page with a description of the Cycle and a list of events organized by Eras/mercannums.

I think main events (The Unraveling, the Dark Ages, the Ender Dragon Return...) could have their own pages from there as they are written.

Something like this:
-----Imperial Library of Hermertia (Home page)
----------History
---------------Cycle of the Moon
---------------Cycle of the Snake
---------------Cycle of the Owl
--------------------The Unravelling
---------------Cycle of the Dragon
--------------------The Dark Age
---------------Cycle of the Phoenix
--------------------The Ender Dragon Return (or however this event will be called)

We should really define what information we want to archive where, as History records (lore based only) belong in the Library and duplicating information is an organization killer.

Perhaps we could use the Ministry of Hermertian History section of he forum as a place to compile events before placing them in the library? In which case this duty would belong to the Minister or his deputies. The other option is for people to add the information directly to the Library, but then it should be clear what belongs there and what belongs to the Realm/Biography pages as we don't want the History records t become a huge mash up.

Thoughts?

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 7:51 pm 
King

That layout sounds good for those main Cycle events that have occurred. They will of course have their own pages.

I'll make a post about guidelines for what to can be included in personal lore history for the library lore article on each person's character. The posts in Realm's pages or this subforum for events can be as information rich as possible, we can parse it down as needed for the purposes of showing it on a concise timeline. Good work.