All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crest of the Emperor
PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:32 pm 
King

We are trying to put an end to this. Please offer some solutions. We were accused of possibly creating huge conflict but no one seems to be wanting to come up with a solution other than strip someone of their traditional crest.

Can we all please brainstorm a solution. This is going no where.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:33 pm 
Duke

Fine, Scrios.

You will see action against this, I promise you that much. Just do not expect me to not articulate a reply after you practically insult me. That is all I have to say on this thread, but you will see more action, and a solution, as you desire, soon.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:34 pm 

It's the crest of a rank that no longer exists. We legally removed that rank from the Indoles Carta. Use the appropriate crest.

King

Agreed, if so many want to change it put it to Parliament and force a vote from the council. Start with the House of Dukes and go from there. This is the legal way to get things done. If not, well this is just rabble and who the hell cares.

Offer solutions.

King

OKAY THEN!

So, this is getting a bit out of hand. Yes, so far everyone has remained mostly polite but there are a lot of undercurrents and implications on both sides, and to be perfectly frank, its getting us nowhere. We can quibble all day every day for the rest of time about who did what when and why. That really has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

The way I see it, and I could be wrong so correct me if I am, Regents use of a much larger, more elaborate crown, while historical in origin, implies (WHETHER INTENTIONALLY OR NOT{To be frank, i dont care whether or not it was intentional}) that his, at the very least, crest is more important than the others of the council.

Now, one side views the historical significance and personal freedom or crest design as the more important point here, and one side views the (intentional or not) implication of status as the more important point.

Furthermore, neither side is wrong. It is a question of the opinion of individuals on which of these is more important.

Next, I support the idea of a standard base crown for crests of every rank. Color, jewels, details within the band, and shape of the prongy things on the crowns that possess them i feel is perfectly fine to leave up to the individual. Partially becuase I dislike things that allow such easy implications (again, intentional or not{im going to keep saying that becuase i dont feel like being attacked for it}), partially because i like official standardizations and things of that nature, and finally because i truly believe that if we all have the same crown, it makes us look more unified. Yes, we are all the heads of individual nations, with their own culture and aesthetics and values, etc. but we are ALSO part of the empire, which, despite being made of seperate entities, has ITS own culture and values and ideas and laws.

I really think it boils down to a question of artistic freedoms of each nation versus the imperial desire to be unified and hierarchical.

Thats my view, im not going to post here disagreeing with those who dont agree, im just sharing my viewpoints. And please, for the love of the community and the empire and everyone in it, lets stay civil, because I swear if this becomes a full blown thing and lines are drawn and it becomes a real argument, the Emperor will be furious

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:37 pm 
King

Also, threats do not hold their place here. Put it through the proper channels.

And Myron, love the quote :)

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:38 pm 
King

Thanks great allies. I agree, it can be brought to a vote, as is the law. There is no law, btw, mandating crests. It's a practice and tradition. Just like my crest is, which predates all of yours. Hence why I am trying simply to protect our link to the past.

Also, it's worth noting the Regency title is below other kings, for it lacks formative rights (to ascension for instance), while only gaining ceremonial and historical ties. Technically the regency is a secretary of the Emperor. The highest title I carry is king, with secretary being below that. Anyway, that is as tradition stipulates. We'd definitely need a formal voting process to strip this traditional practice of its validity.

I also typed this before our Highness's post, which was calm and strong. Thanks divine leader.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:41 pm 

Legally, the Regent doesn't exist. We already removed it. Do I have to repeat myself again?

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:43 pm 
King

Let's keep on track of a solution please. That is what we are trying to achieve isn't it?

I see a lot of great suggestions so far, thank you Myron for your input!

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:45 pm 
King

He is simply stating the past traditions. No need to be rude.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next