All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: On users' crests
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 12:43 am 
Count

Lately I've been curious on the crests the majority of you have. The first thing I wanted to ask is: How do I get one? Do I need to be a noble(duke, king, etc.)? Could I get one if, say, my character is part of a noble family that has its own crest or he is part of some sort of order?

The second thing I wanted to ask: What do your crests mean? Mostly I'm curious about atryl_Rua's crest, I think the owl in his crest looks like Wa Shi Tong from the last airbender series (I love that series)

CASADIA STRONK

Post subject: Re: On users' crests
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 2:59 am 
King

Hey, we can make a crest for you, everyone can have one. It can change whenever you want. We usually keep the same crest once we are happy with it.

Everyone can have a crest, serf, count, Duke and King. The only difference is that the crest is more fancy and more detailed the higher you rank up.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 6:13 am 
Duke

And for your second question, they mean whatever you want. Sam's is a cog as his first build at strathcierd and ardroan are Gaelic words meaning (correct me if I'm wrong) valley of the engineer.
My own crest is an anvil, down to my character's lore. Ferris is Gaelic for iron, but his father was brought up in the town of Innean, Gaelic for anvil, so the family crest comes from there and most of the names are relevant to that.
When I was making my crest, I toyed with using a mountain, because my lore was heavily built around the city of Tremaine, Gaelic for house of stone. However I have no idea what atryls crest means, though I too love the knowledge spirit from avatar. His voice was amazing.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 4:30 am 
Count

Cool! I'll think about some designs for my crest!! Man, im gonna start to incorporate some spanish to my counties. What you did with gaelic its really cool.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 6:43 pm 
Duke

You should, it'll be great. Sam's new duchy at Dawnstar incorporates the Finnish and Swedish languages