All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The last expedition
PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 7:26 am 
Count

"time, what a strange concept. I never understood completely how people kept time in Hermertia.

But nevertheless I know my time is running short. Consider this letter my last will if I cease to be before we arrive to Casadia. It has been plenty of time since I arrived to this place, where did I came from doesn't matter anymore, not that I knew after all. The fact that I was a stranger made me look for my home, a place I could claim for myself. It was Casadia's flame that lighted my path, not to found my home but to build it, and now I look with delight my two endeavors: Two rivers and Avatarati.
But I am being too selfish by calling them "mine" these places are "ours" every hand that helped me, every soul that made an effort here, own these place as I do. I hope I brought something good to this world, as i will leave it soon.
I must admit being so far away from Casadia is heartbreaking, and I would like to exhale my last breath in the lands that I tamed. But a man should never stop exploring, not even in his lasts hours. I left Casadia 5 years ago and travelled east in the search of new discoveries, and indeed I manage to discover something great. This is the reason my exploration campaign took longer than expected, and why i will not see my home before I die.
Regarding my heir: I will leave it to the council of Avatarati to choose someone exclusively from the Nascram or Indoril family.Since they were the first to settle in Casadia, someone from these two bloodlines has the right to be its count.
Regarding my personal belongings: Distribute them to the ones who need them the most.
I want to thank all the ones who embarked with me on this expedition, all of you know what we lived in this time of our lives. I do hope you manage to establish good relationships with our new allies, we have so much to learn from each other.
Finally, noble soul that is reading this: I implore you to convince Baku to go to Casadia and meet with my lord Arkelai, he must know all what hapened during these years. Tell him to retrieve the diaries, they have vital information.

Long life to Casadia! long life to the empire!
-Avalon"

When Tobias finished reading the letter, he murmured "Fifteen years Avalon. We were here fifteen years, but as you said it, time was a strange concept for you." Dry tears were on his cheeks, while he looked the vast ocean on the port-side of the ship

As the sun was rising on the horizon, a tall and slender figure was appearing from the lower level of the ship. He had his nose pierced by a big brass ring, a couple of big canines protubarte from his mouth, and his whole body was covered in strange tattoos. This was Baku, his race was not completely human, his ancestors were a great and fearsome kind, and that blood was still running through baku's veins.

Baku approached slowly to Tobias while the first rays of sunlight hitted the mast of the vessel.

-"Ho many deys 'til we hit land, mon?" Baku asked Tobias in the broken common he learned from Avalon.

-"We will arrive to the coast in two days, from there it will be one week until we arrive to Avatarati." Replied Tobias, with his mind still on the letter He opened two weeks ago, when his good friend and master Avalon close his eyes for the last time.

-It be better two days mon, ships make baku sick. Baku want to see the big cities Avalon tol' so meny storys aboot!

-You will see them Baku, but first is important for you to meet with Guardian arkelai. It was Avalon's last will for you to tell him everything and to give him the diaries.

-Baku does not understan' da fuzz aroun' ded people wishes you casadians have. Ima be doin' dis trip cause avalon helped Baku a lot, but i woul' not pay attention to a last wish of others. he ded mon, he not even have a body.

-it's complex, Baku. we humans have a different view on life and dead. Your people is connected is some way to their dead ancestors, so for you, dead is not a permanent thing. But when a human dies no one is able to talk to that person ever again.

-Dat is strange mon. Baku be able to talk to ded moma since Baku was kid. Baku wished he was like casadian and not listen she, moma really annoyin' juju.

Baku's words made Tobias laugh, even in the deepest of conversations Baku was able to make some sort of joke.

-Well, all we humans have from someone that is dead is their last wish. That's why it is so important for us.

-Ded for casadians is strange mon. Baku wanna talk to warchief of casadian aboot it, he may know more about casadians ded.

-I don't think Lord Arkelai has much esoteric knowledge Baku, but after you meet with him we can look for people adept in those fields.

-woul' be nice mon. Avalon told me you had many types of shamans. Baku wants to meet dem.

-You will Baku, you will.

As both characters were quiet for few minutes looking to the sea, a question rose in Tobias' mind.

-Hey Baku, what are those diaries Avalon gave you about?In his letter he pointed out Lord Arkelai should receive them and only you or him could read them.

-you be curious mon eh? Baku can not tell you aboot wat they are. But dey are important, that is why Baku made shamans built a special close-box for dem.

-What is so special about that chest?

-You see mon, da wood of the close-box be infused with dark jujus. Only Baku can open da close-box, other living bein' be killed by dark jujus.

-That's why there are so many dead rats around it?

- yah mon, shamans very powerful, and Baku knows how to use dat power.

A bell started to sound, filling the silent air of the vessel. It was the breakfast call, and Tobias and Baku entered the lower deck and meet with the rest of the crew. Soon, the contents of the diaries would be reavealed, and all those lost years of Avalon would be finally be revealed.

CASADIA STRONK

Post subject: Re: The last expedition
PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 8:09 am 
Duke

I shall mourn the loss of the noble Avalon. He was a great leader and a true friend. He will be sorely missed.

I had heard rumors that Avalon had found tribes of men in the east. I look forward to meeting one of them.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 1:09 pm 
King

A terrible loss, Dawnstar mourns for Casadia's adopted son, noble Avalon.

Pure of heart, spirit and intention to create a better life for himself and those around him, his legacy will live on.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2016, 11:30 pm 
Duke

I think Baku would like the Gathered's philosophy on death.