All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A dark presence
PostPosted: January 14th, 2016, 10:45 pm 
Count

Outsiders often ask why everybody on Avatarati seems to be scared of them, giving them bad looks, and hesitate when asked even the simplest of things. What outsiders don't know is that Avatarati is under the threat of a dangerous group of people.

It all started some years after the founding of Avatarati, the first settlement in this region of the duchy, by the time this tale starts, it was already a big town with several families living in it.

Every time the new moon rose, when the night was the darkest, one or two children disappeared leaving no trace at all. Their parents looked all over town and in the near forests, but the search was futile. Time past, and each new moon night, another child disappeared, and little by little despair grew in Avatarati.

Nobody knew what to do, even from the beginning night guards were delegated but none of them saw anything: not a stranger moving at night, not a broken window or strange sounds. With each new month another child was gone, parents of the first missing children already lost hope while the ones from the most recent desperately searched the nearby forests.

Then, a little ray of hope appeared, but ironically it was a rather grim ray of hope. South-West of Avatarati almost entering the swamp, that forsaken and cursed land in which people were reluctant to enter, a search party found some kind of ritual circle in a forest clearing: Right in the middle a dark oak tree stump, quite thick, was improvised as an altar in which there were some extinguished candles, eight to be precise. In the middle of the candles a skull with strange engravings all over it. What was the ray of hope you might ask? A piece of paper, quite damaged by the elements but still readable had some childish handwriting that said the following:

I don't know what they are gonna do us, but they are keeping us alive, for now. I am so scared, these people are crazy and never stop to scream, they do weird rituals and always wear black robes. They seem to bring a new kid every month or so, many of which I know from the town, but they have started to bring kids from other places. My name is Sharon, I live in Avatarati, if anyone find this, tell my mum and dad I love them, I hope to see them more than anything in the world.

"THEY"

Many theories were debated regarding the situation, but now it was clear, "they" have been kidnapping children for a unknown and dark reason. "They" might have been living inside the swamp for god knows how much time, secretly watching the settlers, stalking them, and preparing to execute their plans.

With this discovery Lord Avalon, mayor of Avatarati, gave priority to one of his future plans: the construction of a fort, a base of operations were to train and deploy armed men. When he was asked we did he order the construction of the fort he simply answered:

-"I need a place to garrison the army I will send to burn that forsaken land."

Some say Lord Avalon already knew what or who lives inside the swamp since he explored those lands many years ago. Nobody knows for sure, but the people of Avatarati is certain of something: They will march alongside him and stop whatever evil "they" might bring.
EDIT: some words.
EDIT2: thanks to asredai for checking my text for grammar mistakes.
(This is my first lore fragment! I hope I didn't made any horrible mistake, it has being a long time since I wrote a creative text in English)

CASADIA STRONK

Last edited by Rowan on January 15th, 2016, 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A dark presence
PostPosted: January 14th, 2016, 10:53 pm 
Duke

"one or two childs disapeared" Should be one or two children* disappeared*. :) If you want I can do basic spelling and grammar checks for the whole thing

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: January 14th, 2016, 11:25 pm 
Duke

To Avalon,

This news of kidnappings is quite troubling. If there is indeed a sacrificial cult of some sort hiding in the swamp, they must be destroyed without delay. The worsening intrusions of Endermen have stretched our army thin, but I will send what men I can spare to help you protect Avatarati and put an end to this cult. If we must burn everything in the swamp to destroy them, then so be it. We must keep our people safe.

May your fire burn long and bright,

Arkelai

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 4:04 am 
Count

Asredai wrote:
"one or two childs disapeared" Should be one or two children* disappeared*. :) If you want I can do basic spelling and grammar checks for the whole thing

Thanks for the correction, it would be nice if you could check it. Im gonna edit the mistakes ASAP. I translate from spanish to english in my mind, which can scramble the thing a bit.

To my lord Arkelai,
It is indeed a troubling news. The few families that still have children have moved to miradost in order to keep them safe. You can feel the fear in the streets, this is a problem we are going to solve right now! Im going to be in charge of an expedition inside the swamp to locate this damn cult. Fort Avatalaya is still under construction, but we can garrison several men in two rivers, which is quite close thanks to the new road connecting both settlements.

May your fire burn logn and bright Great Guardian,

Avalon.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 6:14 am 
King

Grim times across the Empire, fellow allies in the South.

I hope these awful events can be stopped and the missing children be brought back to safety.

Onwards to victory, my brothers and sisters of Casadia.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 6:58 am 
Duke

(sent edits to your inbox)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu