All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 4:13 pm 
Count

Through the Mercurian nether line a messenger travels hastily to deliver a message to Lord arkelai, currently on a diplomatic mission on wysteria. The letter this messenger carries, sealed with a simple waxseal, reads as following:

Directed to the Guardian of Casadia, Lord Arkelai.

May his flame never die.

It has passed some time since I wrote you about the development of these lands. Work is never ending, and danger is always present. In recent years, the empire has been witness of murder and speculations. There is an invisible threat that is stalking us, and if we don't do something it will decimate our societies and way of life.

With this in mind, me and the members of Avatarati's council have decided to prioritize a project that was deep down in our to-do list: The construction of military facilities in the city of Avatarati.

With an unanimous voice the council has decided to start construction of fort Avatalaja. As you read these words, the bricks are cooking and the miners work tirelessly to obtain the necessary resources for this endeavor.

Fort Avatalaya will be located in a strategic point: on top of Avatarati. On the following map I highlighted the hill that runs through the middle of the town, which will host the fort.
This location will let us guard the town and the adjacent lands, giving us the edge in case of a threat.

We have already cleared the area and leveled the terrain. Here are some sketches the engineers draw.
The fort will be divided in two levels, here you can see were the bottom level will be built.

The top level will be overlooking Avatarati.

We will also use the topography in our advantage: Here will be located the entrance to the fort. It was carved out of the hill, so we will have a natural barrier protecting it. This will also save resources , since the hill give us a beginning altitude for the watchtowers and battlements.

Fort Avatalaya will host a slayer's hall, barracks, stables, training factilities, an armory, and a command HQ.

Construction will be as quick as possible, since Avatarati is in need of trained soldiers and the pressence of the slayer's guild.

Lastly, I hope your diplomatic mission on Wysteria is going without any inconvenience, send my regards to all our allies. Please be careful on the journey back home, these are perilous times for royal blood.

The letters ends signed with the name "Avalon" written with a big and fancy "A"

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 5:39 pm 
Duke

To Avalon, Guardian of Avatarita,

It is good to hear that you continue to prosper in the east. That hilltop was always the perfect position for a fort to guard the city and I am sure you and your builders will do a fine job in its construction. Should you require any resources to aid in its construction let me know and I will have them delivered to you. I look forward to seeing your progress upon my return from Wysteria.

May your Fire burn long and bright,

Arkelai

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 10:46 pm 
King

Grand plans are afoot, im sure my advisors would relish the chance to see this construction completed.

Good luck!

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 3:53 pm 
Count

Thank you my lord Arkelai, indeed it was the perfect location for a fort. Im glad to announce that Avatarati is able to provide all the materials needed for this project. Although if we are in need of anything I will send word to you.

And Duchess Samaia, I hope to be honored by your presence in Avatarati in the near future. Also when we have proper accomodations for a regent of the empire.

CASADIA STRONK