All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 11:02 pm 
King

i have a few of the imperial games i think on my puush. i can attempt to find then but I'm on my phone so may struggle.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 11:10 pm 
Duke

I know we did the big group pic in front of the flags, but no idea who actually took it

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 11:11 pm 
King

I didn't attend the games, so I don't have any unfortunately if anyone can source some, I'd love to add them to a second album I'm working on that features our community and it's lore and history. This is is second album so as to hopefully allow the separate, build-focused one to pass through r/minecraft filters, and divide our screenshots up between the 'lands' and the 'lore' of Hermertia.

My plan is to finish everything for this coming Saturday, when I will have time to watch the advertising posts and reply quickly to any questions; hopefully that should give Atryl time to update the FAQ.

Update: I have experimentally replaced our easily-bypassed captcha with a different bot safeguard: a Hermertia-related question that should be difficult of bots to answer but is easy for any human applicant. This is fairly simpler than modifying the account registration page, and does seem to be working; as of yet, we have had only one new application instead of dozens: a real person instead of a bot. By Saturday, I will be able to see if this works; if it does, the only remaining step is for Atryl to update the FAQ.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 11:37 pm 
Duke

Awesome work

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 11:43 pm 
Duke

Here are the pics you guys are talking about from the Imperial Games:

http://imgur.com/a/SmDFo

PostPosted: August 8th, 2015, 2:31 am 
King

Head's up everyone! Advertising posts are going up at around 10 am EST tomorrow (Saturday) morning! There will be two posts: one in r/minecraft that links to the imgur album, and one in r/mcservers that, in addition to the album, contains a post chock-full of server details. Things are in place: account registration is safe from bots, album is done, and, as Atryl is a bit inactive as of late (no fault to you good sir), the FAQ is temporarily housed in a stickied post easily visible in the Applications subforum, here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192

Redditors of Hermertia! I'll be posting the links to the advertising posts tomorrow as soon as they are confirmed (i.e as soon as I think were safe from certain subreddit mods aha). I'll be asking as many of you as possible who are available at the time for two favors:

1. Upvote the post! Help it escape the slew of new posts!

2. If you will be available for some time tomorrow morning, I would appreciate as many of us as possible answering any questions redditors may have or providing details. It benefits us to have different perspectives!

Thank you all! Seeya tomorrow!

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 8th, 2015, 3:50 am 
Duke

I'll definitely be around to answer questions in the comments. Hopefully the fun-hating mods of r/minecraft don't ruin the party.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2015, 4:12 am 
Count

I'll be there for a little bit! I work 11-11ct, but I won't leave before 10ct. Yay!

PostPosted: August 8th, 2015, 5:07 am 
Duke

PUT ME IN COUCH, MY WEEKEND BEGINS AROUND 9:30-10 SO I'LL SPEND MY MORNING WATCHING THE POST

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 8th, 2015, 5:53 am 
King

The post for r/mcservers! As usual, comments appreciated before we go live tomorrow!

• Server Name: Project Hermertia
• Server Locale: UK, but players from all over the world
• SubReddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheMercurianEmpire/
• Server Address/IP: Whitelist
• Version: Most up-to-date stable version (1.8 currently)
• Game Play Type/s: Survival, Lore / RPG, Vanilla
• Additional Worlds: Old Hermertia (20k x 20k blocks) and New Hermertia (85k by 65k blocks)
• Map of New Hermertia: http://i.imgur.com/7jvi6HH.jpg
Many moons ago, escaping great hardship known as The Fleeing, a fleet of ships arrived on a survival island known as Mercury Isle. Over time, this small fishing community slowly spread out and founded many colonies along the peninsulas of Old Hermertia (a world of about 20k by 20 k blocks). This was over 300 years ago (minecraft years, or since 2010 in earthly terms).

Slowly the colonies evolved into distinct political entities, and rich belief systems and histories began to appear. Wars are legal, and in the early days were commonplace. The earliest nations forged themselves from the most destructive of these wars, and evolved into the first Kingdoms of the Mercurian Empire (many of which still stand today). After many generations, following a period of conflict and stagnation remembered today as The Unravelling, much of Hermertia’s nobility set sail for a new world, inspired by our ancestors’ stories. New Hermertia is our new home in a land about 85k by 65k blocks in size; many times larger than our old lands, it has propelled us to unparalleled heights.

Today, we have experienced almost 400 years of in-game lore and history in the world of Hermertia. The Mercurian Empire (our political structure) is home to a many political entities, ranging from the oldest and most storied kingdoms to young Duchies and Counties seeking a place for their people and their history. In five earthly years, we have grown in many ways. Our legal structure has transformed from a turbulent commonwealth of realms to an empire governed by Organic Law and containing two legislative houses: the Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes; our constitution, the Indoles carta, is currently being re-ratified. Incredible feats in engineering have allowed nobles from realms leagues apart to traverse the empire in expansive Nether Lines, joining together in Imperial Tournaments and criminal trials alike. The addition of many, many newcomers to Hermertia has both broadened our lore and expanded our diplomacy, in an era where diplomatic reputation and a sense of community is far more likely to resolve problems than the blade. From a survival island server begun for friends in 2010, we have expanded into an in-depth, committed community that will keep going as long as Minecraft is playable.

I am Nicholas, Duke of Wysteria and Minister for Applications and Settlement for the Mercurian Empire, and I am here to tell you about the history of our world and the opportunity for newcomers to the lands of Hermertia.

Hermertia is a lore/rpg server set in a survival world that aims to continue our tradition of communally building a rich and detailed history and lore out of our experiences in-game. Our expansive lore is home to diverse beliefs and religions, trade channels spanning the Empire, and a history of conflicts that range from old wars that forged nations to modern disputes. Newcomers, once having passed an application process, are welcomed as serfs of the Empire, where they may begin building a home for themselves of their people; over time, they can build up their holdings to be recognized as Counties and larger Duchies, either under an established realm or on their own. The spirit of Hermertia (our world) and the Mercurian Empire (our political system) is one of policy, community, diplomacy, trade, and friendship. We run very few plugins in order to maintain our tradition of constructing a medieval-themed world and its lore in a vanilla environment; we run vanilla and deal with any rare troubles that may arise (such as conflicts or wars) within the constraints our communally-devised legal system and its laws.

Our saying goes that Hermertia will continue to exist and to grow as long as Minecraft remains playable; over 5 years, we have gone from a server with 5 slots to a committed, diverse, and fantastic community with slots for 40. We welcome you to join us in our shaping of a world and its history, as we experience it. For Glory!

If you have any questions as to our world and its history, lore, laws, or anything else, or are looking to apply; don’t hesitate to leave a question here or pm me! A number of other members of the community are also available to answer any questions you may have, and to share their insight into our unique world.

Resources:

A compilation of some our most noteworthy builds across the Mercurian Empire; though this isn’t it by a long shot: http://imgur.com/a/f9yOb#0

A compilation of some our moments that best highlight our community. Hermertia is far more than a world-building exercise – it is a welcoming and friendly community that loves to get together for some of our most important events, including International Games, Adventures, and event Criminal Investigations: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0

Our FAQ – a must-read for any newcomers looking to apply or curious to learn more about our world and its traditions: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192

A recent map of the lands of New Hermertia: http://i.imgur.com/7jvi6HH.jpg

A lore-styled rendition of our map: http://i.imgur.com/c3nBBwN.jpg

A map of the storied lands of Old Hermertia – while we are now based in the New World, travel to the world that was the foundation of the Mercurian Empire and our home for generations is available: https://i.imgur.com/uquSf0v.jpg

Some of our earliest recorded history – much of the history of the Old World and our speculations as to the races that came before us: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193

We have been featured in wider media, including an article in Rock, Paper, Shotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10 ... vers-2014/

If you would like to apply, head over to our site and register for an account; it will be approved shorty by one of the forums’ admins and you will be able to comment in our applications section! To learn more about where to go from there, check out our FAQ and our Applicant Welcome Page.

Forums Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next