All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ciy planning
PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 1:39 am 
Count

Hello good people of the empire! It's been more than a month since I was accepted in the server and I couldn't be more happy! you are an awesome community!

I've been working on a settlement called Avatarati, which in the near future will be bigger than just a settlement. I'm not expecting to build a huge city, but a big town with several things (is my first big project ever)

I have the following map with the current buildings and the projections of new ones, and I would like some opinions regarding locations of zones (I'll paste more images if someone wants to know how a zone looks in-game)

(the pink square are some holding pens and a house that i dont like, I will demolish those once I determine where to put the holding pens)

The 2 fort locations are in a hill that is in the middle of the area, I think it would be cool if the fort is overlooking the whole town from here. The fort would be manned by the slayer's guild, expanding the reach of their force(thanks to lord Arkelai for giving me the tittle and the shinny sword that comes with it) It will also work as the H.Q of a medieval black ops unit I will write some lore about.

this is the hill (old pic, there are some houses at the right part, but the hill is still there)

I also was thinking to build the market like the skyrim ones. In the way that each merchant has a building that is both its store and house, the stores that I'm planning to build are:
  • general goods
  • enchanter
  • alchemist
  • bakery
  • butcher shop
  • maybe a blacksmith, although idk if building it near the mine

Some other buildings I want:
  • Stables
  • a temple
  • a bank

I would like to know which other buildings would you add or what would you change in the layout I made.

CASADIA STRONK

Post subject: Re: ciy planning
PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 1:50 am 
Duke

Seems like a great plan to me! I can't think of any other buildings you would need other than those you have listed.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 3:19 am 
King

This is just the sort of thing we like to see from newcomers.

A plan like this will make it a lot easier to decide how the town will be built, and will allow you to construct buildings knowing that it is correct and to the plan before you build it.

I cant wait to come down and see what you're doing!

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 4:44 pm 
Duke

If you were thinking of adding a stables, you could possible think of having the fort on location 2, then use location 1 as the run-up to the fort with the stables in it that then opens into the market area, depending how you want to build the roads. Just a suggestion.
Other than that, loving what you've got so far

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 10:09 pm 
Count

it will be a big town, so I'll keep those buildings for now.

regarding what you said ferris, I think location #2 is the best one since I already have an entrance dug up on the hill, so it could be a dwarf style fort: half inside the mountain and half on top of it. then I could use location #1 for the trainning grounds or the fort stables, I also wanted to build "civilian" stables, kind of a guy who owns horses and sells them. Maybe he could have his stables up there, making deals with the millitars.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 10:34 pm 
Duke

either that or keep his horses out in the pastures with the other farm animals. And I look forward to your fort design. I like forts