All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 3:52 pm 
Duke

If we still want the idea of someone being killed by them I'm getting pretty old and need to die soon anyway.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 3:53 pm 
King

Plus she's Pyrencian by blood, if not by citizenship anymore, adding to the anger of the pheonix

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 4:25 pm 
King

I like the idea, if you're ok with it. International Condemnation as respected, venerable Duke is slain by murderous alien Endermen.

We could have some parties councelling against all out war but then the others are too for it, something something, you know?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 5:06 pm 
Count

Eleazar wrote:
When Endermen are noticed, many times they are observed carrying something away like some dirt, stone, or even a plant. They take very little notice of other sentient races and only seem to react with hostility when directly observed.

I would like to contribute to the lore. Based on this fragment written by eleazar it ocurred to me that the end plane and our plane could be "blending" This could explain why the endermen are able to teleport and pay little attention to other races: They are in a constant shift between our plane and the end.

This could have happened because mad science or magic. I Have see that the empire has a nether train (quite impresive by the way) So we could say that the people of hermertia "bend" a plane for their own use. The nether seems to be stable, it just connects through specific points (the portals) without any crazy "blending"

Now, what if some mad wizard tried to make the same with the end?
Maybe not create a rail way but rather use it for a misterious purpose (summon the ender dragon as an allie, built an endermen army, etc.) But the experiment went terrible wrong?

This character could have been the one that built the ender portal, which was not properly built and is blending the end and our plane, thus, making the endermen shifting through planes.

Why we wouldn't shift to the end like the endermen shift in our plane?

The end has completely different laws that our plane, we are in a more material plane than the end. Think about it like density: water and oil doesn't combine, oil is in top and water in the bottom, planes don't blend between each other. Now if we apply a force, they may combine, this being the portals in the case of the nether, which are stable, but in the case of the end, the blend is random and out of control.

these are my two cents for the end lore, regarding the explanation of why the endermen can teleport and appear in our world.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 7:23 pm 
Duke

I like this, some great ideas and well put together. Although I don't think it necessary to explicitly say who built the portals the physics behind it are well crafted.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 12:26 am 
Duke

I love all the ideas. I am also planning on killing off Alexander in this Crusader of sorts, as he is indeed getting old (pushing 50 I think).

I too have been thinking about something similar to Avalon concerning magic and wizards and the Endermen's rise to power.I also combined some of the existing lore on this thread into my own explanation. I will give my two cents below:

-----
In the days of yore, magic was widely used until the horrific creation of the Endermen race. A dark wizard, under the name of Ender Draco, had been gathering power for many years to upset the balance of the world and reign dominant over it. Seeking justice for his exiled ancestors, Ender Draco forged a plan to torment many people and races, but more specifically, the Pyrencian peoples, for an ancient king had exiled his transfigured ancestors out of the kingdom, leading to a hard, hard life. Through his journey, he coined many spells and weapons that would allow him to defeat any enemy of virtually any size. But his most feared weapon was a transfiguration spell that swelled his body into a massive dragon, able to devastate and murder many innocent lives at once.

To purposefully taunt the world of his power, Ender Draco launched an attack with his party of Dark Wizards against an ancient race of people, known as the Pre-Hermertians (need a better name for this), murdering them, and draining their souls from their living bodies, an ordeal worse than death, some say. With no mercy, every last Pre-Hermertian was slain, their blood staining the great lands they once inhabited, and their souls trapped in enchanted containers, draining away for eternity.

However, the most trusted commander to Ender Draco was Almios Mahn, a half human, half House-Goblin, created from pure dark magic. Almios grew up as a student to Ender, learning his ways, helping strategize attacks, and his word soon came to be very admired and trusted by Draco himself. Almios himself was brandishing a unique collection of magical weapons, utilizing his goblin and human heritage to his advantage. His most defining and iconic achievement was suggesting to Ender Draco that the imprisoned souls, be used to create a warrior race to serve in the ranks. Naturally, Ender Draco agreed, and the two spent many years forging their new race with the darkest of magic ever created. The Product, was no other than the Endermen race we see today.

First the imprisoned souls were given bodies, their colors drained to a deep and threatening black, their limbs elongated, and their eyes were dipped in a cauldron of purple liquid. Secondly, at the core of their bodies, the creatures were given orbs, enchanted to allow them to teleport among their own realm, which we have come to call as the End. Finally, they were given the order of tormenting people, collecting more souls to construct more Endermen, and to build a mighty overworld fortress, in which Ender Draco could launch an invasion successfully.

Most notably before the Endermen's true rise to power, Ender Draco ascended to his dragon form forever, leaving his mortal body. The Endermen went on to torment the Pyrencian people most notably, attempting to take their lives in unpleasant ways and means. Their work was so deadly and wicked, that they Pyrencians saw the dragon as an unholy demon. Among this, a scholar coined the term 'Ender Dragon' once he learned that Ender Draco was indeed the dragon of legend (he was however killed before he could retell the truth).

With the discovery a fabled stronghold, a point that connects the Ender Dragon and the Over world, by a mining expedition, the Pyrencian people have notably been urging their leaders and allies to prepare for a crusade to slay the dragon, as death tolls skyrocket in the Empire. The deaths are naturally caused by the Endermen, attempting to keep mortals out of their master's fortress.

While only briefly explored by imperial anthropologist, the stronghold was said to have overwhelming evidence supporting all the combined myths and lores of nearly every culture registered in Hermertia. Ancient tomes depicting the genocide of Pre-Hermertians, the creation of Endermen, and the rise of Ender Draco are all there, as if the stronghold was a library to the followers of the Dark Arts...

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

Last edited by Darius V on August 16th, 2015, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 12:39 am 
King

Well crafted ideas there Avalon and Alexander! It got me thinking about the different minecraft dimensions, and if I may I'd like to propose my own theory. I haven't fleshed it out near as well as you guys did, but I think it has promise regardless. Its an alternative that doesn't include magic, as our world does shy away from using magic as the reason behind many things. Let me know what you think.

Our world, what we call the overworld, is one of many different "worlds" so to speak that are in existence. I'd compare this to the "multiverse theory" that many theoretical physicists believe to be a possibility. Basically, there are infinite amount of universes that exist and that the one we live in is just our reality. In each universe something may have happened differently than ours (ex. Hitler conquered Europe and became emperor of the world or George Washington decided he didn't want to give up his power and became just another king in the world). The end and the nether are just two of the other alternate universes that exist (this also leaves the possibility of another dimension possibly being added to the game in a future update).

Each alternate universe (the end and the nether) have slightly different evolutionary roadmaps and this is what led the nether to have pigmen and the end to have enderman and the dragon. On occasion, pigmen and endermen cross universes via the portals, but our world is not a favorable environment for pigmen, which is why they die off and don't breed, but endermen found it very favorable and reproduce as a rather annoying invasive species, taking our carefully placed blocks.

Somehow, ancient scholars figured out a way to connect these universes via the portals that exist in game. This knowledge was passed along from generation to generation, but the science behind it was lost ages ago so nobody really knows exactly how it works (something something physics). End portals cannot be created, so rather we rely on the portal the ancients crafted in the stronghold found (I believe) in the middle of the Imperial Ocean.

Thoughts? Criticism? Te gusta?

of River's End

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 12:48 am 
King

My people also have a historical event when a large factions of pyrencians tried to revolt against their king, they were ritualistically stripped of the pyrencian blood, and basically made into elves and kicked out. The mad wizard could be either one of them or a descendant and thats why the enderman hate my people (For those who dont know, pyrencian blood is sort of parasitic, in the way that it can be given to a non-pyrencian, there are several things that need to be done for this to work, not just mixing blood. it can also be removed, but that is more painful and likely to be fatal)

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 12:57 am 
Count

i really like the scientific aproach you give to the concepts of dimensions in the game your majesty. We could say that the nether is more "stable" than the end, that's why it is relatively easy to make portals to it.

I also like what alexander wrote, creating a villian that we can fight and hold grudge on could be a lot of fun. Maybe Ender could be not wholly evil, he could be kind of like illidan stormrage in warcraft: trying to do a greater good by doing a lesser evil, adding a bit of depth to the lore.
Maybe he was trying to ressurect his wife (a bit cliche I know) and fell into darkness, maybe there is a greater evil out there that he tried to fight but something went wrong (like the burning legion in WoW)

finally, some possibilities for naming the pre-hermentians:
Nakulas
anandas
candalas
yasodas

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 1:01 am 
King

can we name them Ananas comosus

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next