All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1.9 End Lore Discussion
PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 10:26 pm 
Duke

I will be making a thread later on for lore concerning the end once we have decided everything in this thread, so please hesitate to make one in the future.

Alright, so let's discuss some lore concerning the end! From what I've gathered, there really isn't a 'need' for the end at the moment, but with the respawnable dragon, improved dragon fight, as well as the extended realm of the End (with end dungeons, and a type of plant), we would most definitely need to add some lore for the End.

I for one, think that the lore could be split into two different paths: The Dark way, and the 'Other' way (don't want to necessarily call it 'good' since the Dragon isn't that friendly). Perhaps for the Dark Way (which I will be focusing on in my post), we could use some form of magic which explains why the outer regions of the end have opened up.

Nonetheless post your ideas here, will update this post with them so people can have ease of access.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 11:35 pm 
King

I'm thinking community when I think of The End, so it has to be something that involves everyone.

That means that the scale has to be enormous.

Which means we have to think of something epic, which would galvanise us all to have to make that perilous, potentially one way trip.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 11:50 pm 
Duke

Perhaps it has been discovered that the dragon is capable of leaving the end and we must go to the End to destroy it first?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:06 am 
King

My religion believes that the Ender Dragon is one of many who exist for "Ends" in different parts of the world. i.e. there was one in the old world and one here even before it respawned. Also we believe that the Ender Dragon is a fractured piece of the primal being of chaos, hell bent on destroying the overworld. So in that regard, my people are already willing to launch a crusade against the dragon. Until recently, we've assumed there was no discovered connection to the end in this realm, but as soon as my people "officially" hear of the portals they would clamor to destroy the dragon before it can be brought through the portal to destroy us. In fact, since sam and gimpy kinda went there for a bit to make sure it was still alive, we could say that Perthian-Kariatite mining expedetion happened across a stronghold, and when the Pyrencians heard about it, we began to push for a slaying of the scion of chaos, that dastardly Ender Dragon

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:51 am 
Duke

King Varahein wrote:
My religion believes that the Ender Dragon is one of many who exist for "Ends" in different parts of the world. i.e. there was one in the old world and one here even before it respawned. Also we believe that the Ender Dragon is a fractured piece of the primal being of chaos, hell bent on destroying the overworld. So in that regard, my people are already willing to launch a crusade against the dragon. Until recently, we've assumed there was no discovered connection to the end in this realm, but as soon as my people "officially" hear of the portals they would clamor to destroy the dragon before it can be brought through the portal to destroy us. In fact, since sam and gimpy kinda went there for a bit to make sure it was still alive, we could say that Perthian-Kariatite mining expedetion happened across a stronghold, and when the Pyrencians heard about it, we began to push for a slaying of the scion of chaos, that dastardly Ender Dragon

This and Aurennis' post could tie into together quite nicely actually.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:57 am 
Duke

The Slayer's Guild has also always had an interest in slaying the dragon.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 3:30 am 
Count

There is a story that the Zenntorri magi tell.

It is well known that there are multiple worlds in existence, some such as this have joined realms in close proximity (i.e. the Nether). One of the many realms is referred to as the End and it is this place we assume the Endermen hail from. Just like the endermen, it is speculated to be a vastly different world from what we know, wholly alien.

When Endermen are noticed, many times they are observed carrying something away like some dirt, stone, or even a plant. They take very little notice of other sentient races and only seem to react with hostility when directly observed. Not all worlds have Endermen zipping about and that makes this one unique. Until now we Zenntorri did not know where the strange pearls came from that we had seen in old books and in the ancient stongholds on Tripoli (the realm of our for-bearers), but here in Hermertia it is very clear. The ancient portals are for the Endermen to use, to allow them to access all the worlds at a whim. Only those worlds that the Endermen are currently in may even have the chance of opening the portal to go the other way.

The Endermen of Hermertia are not just a nuisance, they are thieves of the greatest magnitude. They take this world, and many others, piece by piece, slowly and without regard to the impact it may have. Somewhere in these lands exists a stronghold that contains the portal the Endermen used to get here, perhaps with a bit of luck, magic, and technology we might be able to take back what they stole and in turn learn more about them and the End. And that leaves us with one question.

If the Endermen are as paranoid(?) and advanced as they seem, wouldn't they leave something powerful and terrible to behold on the other side, to guard their home while they are away?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 9:48 am 
King

I like the ideas that we've had so far. Eleazar, Aurennis and Varahein bring up.

If Varahein's people would be champing at the bit for the chance to travel to the End upon discovery of a Portal, and as what Varahein mentioned, Gimpy and Myself went on an quick trip to check if the Dragon was still there or if someone had in the past killed it on their own and not told any of us. It IS still there.

So if there was a Perthian/Kairatite mission that happened across a stronghold while mining or sailing in the Imperial Ocean and being beset by Endermen or something, then that might be how we "Find out" just what exactly and Where the portals are.

If the number of Endermen attacks has increased steadily or jumped up to a higher rate, stealing and attacking sentients, then we would have little choice if we continued to sustain casualties with not much hope of keeping up such attrition. If someone wants to have a character Lore Death at the hands of an Enderman, perhaps being taken by them or killed in cold blood, then we could have a mission to avenge them being postulated by their people, and that would provide impetuous to mount an expedition.

The expedition would be a grand coalition of the combined might of our forces, a Server-Wide event of course, and would be a mighty undertaking, knowing that our very futures were at steak after all the discoveries.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 10:34 am 
Duke

Tying into Varahein's point, was there not an ancient race of human in hermertia who disappeared and left the mines we find now? Perhaps we could find evidence in those to find the endermen and enderdragon were behind the genocide of early Hermertian humans as well, to add a bit more depth to our own history

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:25 pm 
King

I also like this point, Felandris. We could find some old tomes in some of the mines, I might go ahead and add some builds and make a post about an archaeological discovery with that regard when or if we finalise the lore.