All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: March 26th, 2016, 1:47 pm 
King

The following is a proposed bill for altering the item drops of the Ender Dragon to drop Elytra, as reworked from the discussion in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=515

Please do your best to keep discussion in this thread related to this specific bill proposal; otherwise-related discussion should remain in the previous discussion thread or in a new thread. Thanks all!

DB28:

In order to create a process of equal challenge by which for citizens of Hermertia to procure Elytra, the respawnable beast known as the Ender Dragon is modified to drop two (2) sets of Elytra upon its death.

Dukes, cast your votes! If a majority is achieved, this bill will be sent to the council of the Crowned.

To start, I'll cast my vote in favor.

Current Votes:

Nicholas: 1
House Almandine: 1
Vaneth: 1
Haedren: 1
Morgana: 1

Required Votes Remaining: 0

Bill Passed

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: March 26th, 2016, 3:07 pm 
Duke

I feel like four is a lot of Elytra for the dragon to drop. I think one or two Elytra would be a better drop rate.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2016, 3:09 pm 
Duke

Yeah, I think 2 is probably better.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: March 26th, 2016, 3:10 pm 
King

That's a good point; I agree and will modify the existing language.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 12:35 am 
King

House Almandine signs this bill, two (2) Eltyras dropping per dragon kill.

Thank you for writing this up officially, Nicholas!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 2:27 am 
Count

Why 2 if I may ask? Isn't one enough?

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 1:06 pm 
King

I think the general thinking is that if one person kills the Dragon they receive 2; a good number as it provides a spare / a set for someone else and isn't excessive. If two or more team up it kill it, they either each get one or have an easyish time killing it again.

Just in addition, I absolutely don't want to come across the wrong way, but I believe that discussion on Ducal bills is reserved for Dukes in the House; if we have further discussion on the premise of the bill it could maybe go in the thread linked above?

Thanks for your thoughts sir!

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 3:26 pm 
Count

Dear Nicholas,
since our Indoles Carta consists of merely around 30 sectences I have to kindly disagree. To enter a amendment or addition to one is only aloud for the council of dukes/ or above. There is not a single word about suggestions. Even disruptive talk like this post is not forbidden in anyway. So if I wanted to start talking about the mighty Potion seller in this post, there wouldnt be a single rule I would break doing that. I could even go so fare, for the point beeing, to draw the circle back to the Elytria Bill and tell you, that a mighty Potion Seller should be included in the neccessary preperations of the Elytria fight. All Hail to the Potion Seller.

Back to the topic:
In my personal opinions the Dragon Fight is a pretty easy thing to do. And it should feel like an achivement. Since you can pretty much kill him in a minute, they idea of letting him drop 2 instead of one Elytria makes things a little to easy in my opinion. If you lose your wings for what ever reason, you should be forced to fight him again and not just go back to your storage to grab another one.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 5:57 pm 
Duke

The thing is Roglar, no its not against the rules, the forums doesn't really have that many rules you're correct. I think however that it's more so, that we ask others that are not dukes to not post in this forum.

And on the topic of Elytras, yes the dragon can be easy, and yes Elytra shouldn't be crazy common but I feel two makes it fair for many people that way if you and your friends want to fight it together its easier to do it.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 9:16 pm 
King

Oh dear. Well, despite my best intentions and emphatic language, I'm sorry I ended up insulting your thoughts Sir. It wasn't to stifle debate; merely adherence to the same "Gentleman's Agreement" that reserves the Council of the Crowned subforum to members of the Council. But you're right in that I didn't think to check if that arrangement was actually legalised; perhaps we might want to do that as a procedural matter in the future.

As to the bill itself, I think we have some agreement amongst the dukes that 2 Elytra is a good number; that said, let's hear from the rest of the House with your thoughts and/or votes!

Forums Administrator

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next