All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 12:32 am 
King

Duchess Samaia here with a new bill to be voted on.

We had talked about this, and its time to make this official.
For some lieges who are occasionally away for a while on holiday or such, our bureaucracy can sometimes hinder progress on matters.

Proposed:
- This Bill gives each Landed noble of King or Duke rank the right to nominate a particular vassal that will convey the wishes of their liege lord in any given period of absence. ( How long should this be before the vote is allowed?) If absence is planned and notified, effect of voting powers is effective immediately. The Duke or Count chosen shall be restricted to vote on matters the King or Duke has given permission for, to be discussed and laid out between each party.

If no notice is given before a departure of up to 5 days, the vote shall be allowed to take place from the empowered vassal. (please again, debate and decide how long, if at all this clause should be )

Discuss.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2015, 2:15 am 
King

I really like this idea and I thought it was passed a while ago before the previous forums went down? I would like to offer a formal vote for "yes" I would like to have this implemented. It is getting increasingly more difficult to find time to log as many hours as I used to but I will still be on nonetheless. However, when i am gone on trips for leisure and business I would like Sam to vote on the matters that requires a King and Perths approval. He is "The Hand of the King" in Perth and has proven worthy to handle such responsibilities.

For designating the powers or roles of each of these designates should each realm maybe have a sub forum in the commons somewhere? That way you can easily go to those pages and see what powers were given to them by the King. The other option is to wait for the wiki and potentially post them on there under each realm.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2015, 2:20 am 
King

I also am very much in agreement with this. I'm back in class once again, so its difficult to be super active during the week. I'd have Nicholas vote as proxy in my absences. Although, I do feel as though there should be some sort of time period in place, and if this period is met then the proxy can vote for them. I propose one week of complete absence (silence). The king/duke may also convey his wishes to his proxy if he knows that he will not be able to be on the server for a while, or just doesn't have the time to travel to vote.

of River's End

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 3:11 am 
King

I would agree with King Arjen on this as well!

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 4:03 am 
King

I also agree on the matter of the time period being 1 week.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 6:23 am 
Duke

Well, might as well put in my two cents. I believe if a snap decision needs to be made and its, say, 2-3 or so days after said king has disappeared and they cannot be contacted within 1-2 days THEN they would be allowed to do all that good stuff. Yeah? Just food for thought.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 6:27 am 
King

Celestine wrote:
Well, might as well put in my two cents. I believe if a snap decision needs to be made and its, say, 2-3 or so days after said king has disappeared and they cannot be contacted within 1-2 days THEN they would be allowed to do all that good stuff. Yeah? Just food for thought.

Can you give an example of a "snap decision" that may be required? A week may seem like a long time, but I don't think there are too many decisions that are extremely time sensitive. Maybe I'm just not thinking in the right context.

of River's End

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 7:24 am 
Duke

I currently cant think of anything that has happened but maybe something that needs voting on before someone leaves for a week? Not sure. Just any possible time sensitive things.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 12:40 pm 
King

We need someone to vote for The Kingdom of Khabranth also. He is on a lot less than the rest of the kings and not as reachable either. Any thoughts on that matter? This bill is mainly for that kind of absence. For the most part people will be around to vote themselves but its for cases like this or extended holidays etc.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 4:40 pm 
King

Sam if you remind me I can email him to ask.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next