All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 4:42 pm 
Duke

I have considered your arguments and to me they don't seem just.
Just because I don't agree with you after hearing your arguments doesn't mean I'm "Untenable". I'm only one person, I may have biases yes but I'm not against it being done, I'm saying we don't need it now.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 5:01 pm 
Duke

I feel it would be prudent to set a precedent for this situation while we can discuss the issue at length, rather than make a rash decision in the future when the need is greater.

When we consider that there are counties out there (Marks for example) which are more developed than the entirety of Khabranth, to leave such vast amounts of land to be wasted seems illogical. Again, given the extended inactivity of each of the kings in question, its fair to say that unused land will never be developed and will forever remain a build free zone

Better to reassess the claims on those kingdoms and allow the area to be reclaimed.

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:16 pm 
King

I agree with both sides of this discussion. The inactive Kingdoms definitely do not need all of the land that they currently possess. However, I do not think we need to shrink them as significantly as what has been proposed (as already stated to some). I think this discussion is important to be ironed out sooner than later as waiting does not make sense either. We have waited for a while to see activity from these Kings. Some of us our now holding the brunt of their inactivity (being blamed for being inactive when we are actually active).

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:29 pm 

I'll post the summary of what we just talked about in mumble. Scrios basically said he'd be fine with shrinking them down by perhaps half for now. I'll work on some maps and we'll see what the Council has to say after I post those. We're also attempting to reach out yet again to each of these Kings to see if they'll come back once we say we're wanting to chop up their kingdoms.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:45 pm 
Count

The crux of the issue is that we, as a server, still need to bring in new awesome people. However, to do that we have to be able to appeal to them and within the realm of what minecraft/Hermertia can offer. If all the new people see our current realm borders, with huge inactive kingdoms taking up a lot of the central map, it not only makes them think that they will have to build in the borderlands but also that the server is less populated and connected than what we want it to seem.

I have a very central location in Hermertia, if I started today and thought I'd have to find somewhere on the edge, I honestly don't know if I could stay with it.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:50 pm 
King

I would assume we'd be conservative with it though, and we'd make sure already built-up lands remain under that divine crown, until such a time that someone else legally claims that crown somehow? Ahah

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:56 pm 

The Regent wrote:
I would assume we'd be conservative with it though, and we'd make sure already built-up lands remain under that divine crown, until such a time that someone else legally claims that crown somehow? Ahah

Yeah, that's what Myron and Scrios says about this as well. I think we're making progress!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 11:04 pm 
King

Perhaps we keep the Kingdoms intact until such time when someone has a very valid reason for wanting to take a portion of the land? It can be made well known that a portion of the two Kingdoms are up for grabs, but instead of carving them up right away into "open land" and "claimed land" we could do it on a case by case basis?

of River's End

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 11:05 pm 

People are not going to want to touch that, I'd feel. I was told that it was perhaps possible to do this, yet I wanted to avoid what I perceived as healthy controversy and settled far to the East. You've got a great point, but I'd feel that no one would touch those areas still.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 11:14 pm 
Duke

I think we should await the revised borders from Mark. I agree the lands should be reduced and I agree with Scrios that I'd rather have this dealt with sooner than later. I don't think we should leave the lands as they are and reduce the land borders as each case comes in as that runs the risk of us over-indulging in land reduction and still does not do anything to sooth new players mind's when it comes to settling new lands. What new person would feel confident enough to say I want to take that King's land? Regardless of whether we would be open to discuss it or not, the courage it would take to make that claim to begin with would be too great.
I say let's see the revise borders and debate the land reduction, and I agree this is a necessary step in ensuring longevity of the server.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next