All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Siege of Ikwe
PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 8:39 pm 
King

It's fantastic seeing many allies willing to join in and defend the peace and tranquility of the land. I respectfully recognize my peer Caesar in wanting to retain the status quo, given the bandits rarely venture outside of Ikwe, but it is also true that they have shut down the major highway that connects through central Minerva, and appear to have no qualms imprisoning and torturing settlers. I will make my stand against them, with or without Caesar's approval. However, given I am only experienced in Old World Minervan affairs, and we have not ruled over these New World lands in some time, I am in no place to expect Minervan lords and leaders to fight on my behalf. I will keep you posted though good Caesar.

I don't think you suffered under the old rule, for you received supplies as well as extensive infrastructure of which you continue to make use of. I will ensure that once we have retaken control of Minerva's mineral-rich Ikwe, we will work hard to showcase great cooperation, trade, friendship and more. While it may be true you will not be the only power in the region, which might cause you to lose some of your influence, I will work hard to ensure your influence over Eastern Minerva remains unparalleled. Our attention will be primarily on Western Minerva for instance.

Liserett of Westeria, I have heard many great things about your influence and prestige. And it seems we both have a collective interest in the great libraries. I look forward to growing alongside you, and may our bonds grow even stronger as we rid a land of the bandits together.

Queen Vaethra, our people spoke countlessly of your people, your ancestors, and your lands to the south of us. We are both people of Western New World, and as such, there is great reason for us to promote great partnership. In fact, there is a peaceful town just outside of Ikwe that was built in honour of your ancestor, and it has fallen to the bandit's line of influence. We will retake it prior to the siege. I look forward to the plans of war together in this historic location.

Sir Nicholas. Your people have already showcased immense warmth and kindness. You dispatched a royal crew to leave supplies for me upon my arrival to the New World, which was immensely valuable. I have yet to meet you, but I look forward to it. You and your ancestors have been a pinnacle of tradition, history, and honour; in some ways the very epitome of those traits. Thank you for your hand in this endeavour.

For the rest of the children of the Empire, who wish not to join (Lore off, wish to play as the bandits), I completely understand, for I am a newcomer to these lands and am young and untested. I hope the stories of conquest and victory sway you towards a great partnership ahead. Even if you will not fight yourself, do not be afraid to send logistical support.

I look forward to hearing more!

Note to the admins: once more people confirm and it seems we are fairly evenly split, perhaps we should set two temporary subforums, one for the bandit and one for the allies, so we can begin drawing up battle plans :) Of course, keeping others unable to join those threads.

As for Haedren's note, you are probably right, good point. Although, I am a small cadre of soldiers that has arrived from a far away land, who only knows of New World Minerva through stories and maps from our grandparents. It might make sense that it is a sort of mission of folly. But losing Ikwe would have tremendously disastrous implications for Minerva, as well as potentially the world (as there will be a non-player controlled semi-autonomous region, a precedent kings might wish to fight against). So the 'evenness' of the battle seems like it will depend entirely on how many kingdoms, duchies, counties, and brave serfs are willing to risk themselves for this battle. It could be a great way for some fighters to make a name for themselves!

ADDITIONAL NOTE: most bandits will chose to forego their main characters temporarily, but it's not impossible for some of you to wish to fight on behalf of the bandits AS your character, like as mercenaries (interesting!). Although it would lead to interesting canon/lore down the road as surely minervan relations would be strained :P ahaha.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2016, 5:10 pm 
Duke

Unfortunately, the GRHH does not feel comfortable becoming involved in this conflict. We consider this a matter of Minervan internal affairs and for that reason will offer neither troops nor supplies to either the occupiers of Ikwe or the force that seeks to oust them.

(But I'm down to be a bandit)

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 2:03 am 
Duke

The Grand County of Laghima pledges neutrality in this conflict, due to the death of it's former leader who participated in an Imperial Coalition some time ago. Along side our former liege, the GRHH, we do not consider the Siege of Ikwe a big enough threat to the Empire and her territories, so no support will be pledged to either side. We do, however, wish you luck in solving your affairs.

I too would like to be a Bandit since I was a good guy last time we had a battle with Regent.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 2:07 am 
King

I, Freyr Eberhardt, pledges his allegiance and hand in battle to the throne of Minerva. Despite past events, my family and people have had a longstanding allegiance to Minerva. It is my duty to uphold this lasting bond so long as I am alive and my throne remains in tact.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 3:34 am 
Duke

#teambandit #nosurrender

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 3:56 am 
King

I'll join the Bandit team, got to try better this time! :P

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 9:32 pm 
Duke

just pass a law banning invisible dogs and we will win :)

PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 9:48 am 
King

They weren't invisible. I snuck right up under their defense tower with a giant pile of dogs that were fully visible. It was a flaw in their scouting. No reason a perfectly non-glitch and perfectly in-game mechanic should be banned :P Although disclosure, I am in no position to repeat this strategy as dogs seem to be a bit of a rarity in the new world. There are also some very obvious counters to this strategy that could be deployed with ease.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 7:37 pm 
Duke

it was a joke.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 7:56 pm 
King

Jokes are forbidden in minerva

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next