All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 5:17 pm 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
That's pretty badass that you play so many great games!

Some more questions:

1) If you were in a conflict with another player, or a dispute, or some kind of problem, how would you resolve it?

2) Have you read any of the other forums? We love seeing new people reading and commenting on all of our cool history and stuffs.

3) Are you familiar with voice chat programs while gaming? We use a voice program, we'd love to hear you on there once accepted! If you dont fancy speaking, a few of our other players usually listen in on our chat and respond with typing in game :)

You're almost there, nearly accepted! After you get the necessary votes you will then receive some offers for a liege to stay under during your time as a serf. Dont accept the first one of course, let everyone make their offer before you do :P

I really don't foresee issues with conflicts. Really not into drama online. Too old for that crap.

I've read over the entire indoles carta, a lot of lore, and history stuff. Saw you guys lost some stuff, but one player has it all backed up? Cant wait to see that stuff!

Oh yeah, Ive used and ran my own mumble, TS, vent etc. I went through a period of my life where I kept my hair buzz cut short so I never had headset hair :p

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 5:28 pm 
King

Good answers, feel free to post in the other forums as you like, and continue to do so once you're accepted. We love community involvement, specially from the new guys!

Smart move, my hair (if it wasnt so thick) would have a permanent band from my headphones in it by now hahaha.

You've got my vote, i'll be officially signing the Duke Bill just now.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 5:32 pm 

So for the Ducal Bill, is it a simple majority of all dukes, or just active ones?

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 7:00 pm 
King

50%+1 of Active Dukes, not all of them.

currently Non-active are Chairman and Sevrys, so youll need 50% of the remaining Dukes to get a Bill passed!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 7:55 pm 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
50%+1 of Active Dukes, not all of them.

currently Non-active are Chairman and Sevrys, so youll need 50% of the remaining Dukes to get a Bill passed!

So 9 dukes, 2 inactive

7 total dukes

50% is 3.5 dukes

50%+ 1 is 4.5

Who is the .5? :p

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:04 pm 
King

In that case, we round down to 4 dukes as that number is the first whole number of dukes that is above 50% of 7 dukes. I would write a more eloquent response but I'm typing from my phone here at the moment ;)

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:12 pm 

Nicholas wrote:
In that case, we round down to 4 dukes as that number is the first whole number of dukes that is above 50% of 7 dukes. I would write a more eloquent response but I'm typing from my phone here at the moment ;)

I figured as much, I was just being a bit sarcastic :p

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:29 pm 
King

Nah, it's a a fair point. We try very hard to build up our laws and the Indoles Carta to resemble a coherent and complete set of laws and constitution, respectively; with that in mind, our goal is to clarify things such as hierarchical structures and voting procedures to cover as many eventualities as possible. Obviously, the nature of a minecraft server can render this more challenging than, say, the US Senate, but we try! The reason I bring this up is that while policies concerning inactive Kings and Queens ( temporary vs long-term inactivity, when to call them inactive, voting procedures, reactivation, etc ) have been fully legislated, similar policies concerning the important voting bloc that is the House of Dukes have not; it is certainly something to think about pursuing!

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:30 pm 

Nicholas wrote:
Nah, it's a a fair point. We try very hard to build up our laws and the Indoles Carta to resemble a coherent and complete set of laws and constitution, respectively; with that in mind, our goal is to clarify things such as hierarchical structures and voting procedures to cover as many eventualities as possible. Obviously, the nature of a minecraft server can render this more challenging than, say, the US Senate, but we try! The reason I bring this up is that while policies concerning inactive Kings and Queens ( temporary vs long-term inactivity, when to call them inactive, voting procedures, reactivation, etc ) have been fully legislated, similar policies concerning the important voting bloc that is the House of Dukes have not; it is certainly something to think about pursuing!

Interesting.

Also I noticed, I have 4 duke votes now :)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:50 pm 
King

Congratulations on acheiving your required votes sir! It has been a speedy process on the strength of your application; I very much look forward to welcoming you to the lands of Hermertia!

Now that you have acheived your required votes, prospective lieges may begin to extend offers; you must start out under an established liege but may certainly move out from under them to become independant in the future if that is your desire. Remember to wait for all members of the community to have the chance to present offers before you make your decision; consider the benefits of each as the realms of Hermertia are vast and varied and teeming with opportunities.

I myself hope to extend you an offer within the next hour; as soon as I get access to my computer, that is!

Forums Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next