All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 3:48 am 
King

MarkStefan wrote:
Would the religion of Creeperism be welcome in your duchy/kingdom?

Wysteria's Motto, which I'll repeat here just for the sake of consistency, states:

In labour, as in all else, success through perspective.

Reflection on the spiritual belief systems that guide us plays an integral part in our quest for personal reflection and education, and as such the policy of religious freedom, of the ability to gain new perspective by delving into new belief systems and new religions and the right to worship and to deliver religious addresses freely will forever be a key aspect of our cultural identity. It is common for churches and religious gatherings in Gallen to hold "All's Welcome"s: a gathering where all peoples of the city are welcome to attend and listen and share their thoughts regardless of belief or lack thereof, the ancient tradition endures from a time where the lack of religious spaces made it necessary to share worship space and remains a treasured aspect of city life. We would absolutely welcome a practitioner of Creeperism, both to learn from one knowledgeable in the beliefs and to welcome yet another opportunity for new perspectives in life.

In regards to building and representation of a monastery in Wysteria, it would be a true pleasure and I would be most happy to assist you both in providing land and/or resources. As to the location, Wysteria's size and diversity would allow for the construction of a monastery just about anywhere: in a new county you might create, in a pre existing county, or even in Gallen! Either or, there would be a place and an opportunity.

A thought: though the majority of Hermertia's counties are based around a main population center, there is historical precedent for a county based around a religious institution, such as a bishopric or a holy site. I can think of no better way to honor and explore religious diversity and Creeperism than by creating a religious-centered county, which you would certainly be able to if you so desired.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 4:13 am 
Duke

The construction of a Creeperism monastery in Casadia would be met with no obstruction. The religious aspect of the Path does not worship a 'god' or 'gods' per se, so from a lore perspective it is quite compatible with other religions. Since the Path of the Unburnt is as much a way of life as a religion, adherents are welcome to mix their own personal faith with the Path as they see fit.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 4:47 am 

Do any of those offering a place have an iron golem farm?

Are those even legal on this server?

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:07 am 
King

Though Wysteria does not have an iron farm at the moment, I have built one in the past in my Duchy of Laborate in Ertia, which I as the past Duke of that land still have free access to and would be most happy to show you in order to amass as much iron as you would like. I also have the skills that came from building it, and could do so again in Wysteria - though, to be honest, my beacon-mining (a technique of speed-mining where an underground beacon with Haste II status effect combines with an Efficiency V pickaxe to mine blocks at ridiculous speeds) brings in quite a bit of iron as well.

Iron farms are legal, though somewhat rare.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:17 am 
Count

Hi hi and welcome on the server =)

Automatic farms are allowed, so long as they do not represent an eye sore. It is also encouraged to explain the items gained through lore - a prolific iron mine for example, in the case of an iron golem farm.

In our guild hall, various organizations offer a variety of services, if you need such a fatm, you might be able to commission the work. Alternatively, I know there is at least one iron farm, located in Valtoros. Visiting other Hermertians, for fun, lore events, co builds or business/trade in a great part of this community.

* saw my liege's answer after typing my own. Leaving it as I answer it differently. Sorry for paragraph less Ness, I'm on mobile.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:23 am 
King

Liserett brings up a great point: we try to incorporate just about every in-game element into lore and an rpg environment. So villagers aka testificates are Mercurians, descendants of the native peoples who inhabited the New World before we moved here from the Old World. This means that they are actually protected by our laws and entitled to legal defense from cruelty - in other words, they have to be treated as people, not as slaves or mindless NPCs.

Obviously there is a limit to this kind of system, but it is a principle that shows up throughout Hermertia. So the testificates who 'power' iron farms are in fact workers and engineers/miners, depending on the lore rationalization for the production of iron. Old iron farms in the past have had workers' quarters and union representatives, for example.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:37 am 

Very interesting stuff, I love the way the quirky things in minecraft have been accounted for according to the lore.

Iron Golem farms don't look too complicated to build. I could see very easy ways to hide them so they don't make the landscape look too gross - like sinking them in the ground, building a structure over them, hiding them in the trees, etc.

I'll entertain offers I suppose until mid day tomorrow, then I'll make my choice :)

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:43 am 
King

Yep, underground farms and great factories housing redstone machines and automatic farms are two traditional ways of covering up redstone - though it's worth noting that it's not always required to do so. Depending on the aesthetic, lore, and cultural factors, some cities and realms have been heavily based around redstone mechanism and as a consequence were well know for having their work right out in the open. The Old World was particularly good at this, with the realm of Alethia sporting an incredibly unique sundial-style capital and the city of Bogtown being essentially a sprawling workshop.

Looking forward to seeing your decision and welcoming you to Hermertia in-game :)

PS: Love the crest! Interesting color combo that for me anyways seems to subvert the typical green/brown scheme that your symbol generally inspires.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:47 am 

Nicholas wrote:
Yep, underground farms and great factories housing redstone machines and automatic farms are two traditional ways of covering up redstone - though it's worth noting that it's not always required to do so. Depending on the aesthetic, lore, and cultural factors, some cities and realms have been heavily based around redstone mechanism and as a consequence were well know for having their work right out in the open. The Old World was particularly good at this, with the realm of Alethia sporting an incredibly unique sundial-style capital and the city of Bogtown being essentially a sprawling workshop.

Looking forward to seeing your decision and welcoming you to Hermertia in-game :)

PS: Love the crest! Interesting color combo that for me anyways seems to subvert the typical green/brown scheme that your symbol generally inspires.

That crest will likely change considering at the moment, Brother MarkStefan has not moved from being a monk into something greater at Lupulin. His crest may not be a crest at all, but perhaps something representing the creeper religion. Time to fire up Illustrator...

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:49 am 
King

Sounds interesting ;)

Forums Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next