All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 8:49 pm 

Haedren wrote:
I am a big fan of Bavarian wheat beers as well. I spent a week in Germany last summer and could not get enough of the beer there. So many great options!

So jealous! Where all did you visit? I think the wife and I will primarily be in Munchen, with a 2 day trip up to Bamberg for a combined architecture and beer trip. No place on earth has more breweries than Franconia!

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 8:56 pm 
Duke

I spent a three days in the Berlin area and then another three days in Munich. Really great food and beer in both places, as well as some pretty cool museums!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 3:22 am 
King

It was Gimpy's idea to add the maps, to make it less of a direct advert for Wysteria before the voting has even commenced, let alone been accepted ;)

So what made you get Minecraft and what took you so long? You seem to know what you're looking for, pretty on the ball for a new player. How did you know a lore rpg server would be to your tastes? Also what other server did you play on that had Mods that you didnt like? :)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 4:03 am 
King

You're right of course to add them in! I didn't intend to evoke advertisement so much as I had the address of Liserett's map saved and just went with it to provide a quick example. :)

I'll jump onto the back of your comment about a less mod-heavy server, Sam: the idea that we create a lore-rpg environment within the constraints of a server as vanilla as possible is one of the very core principles upon which Hermertia is built, as you probably know. We try to keep them as sparse and non-intrusive as humanly possible: the only plugins/creative elements we use with any regularity at all are a) the occasional spawning of villagers to simulate population and b) a /jail plugin to allow us to conduct the rare criminal trial. Pushing the limits of what is possible in purely vanilla minecraft was one of the big draws to Hermertia for me.

I'm also curious what your experiences with more heavily-modded tpg servers were like, aha. I know there are some truly in-depth, immersive mods and plugins out there that add vast new dynamics to the game; way, way back in the early days of Hermertia (Sam and I joined in 2011/12, while the server has been around since 2010) there was experimental implementation of a currency plugin that led to, essentially, massive production shits, resource inequality, and hyperinflation across the empire. So our experience with them is rather limited, aha.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 4:14 am 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
It was Gimpy's idea to add the maps, to make it less of a direct advert for Wysteria before the voting has even commenced, let alone been accepted ;)

So what made you get Minecraft and what took you so long? You seem to know what you're looking for, pretty on the ball for a new player. How did you know a lore rpg server would be to your tastes? Also what other server did you play on that had Mods that you didnt like? :)

Oh I've just had other games I've played throughout the years. Lots of Kerbal, Eu4, CSGO, some other MMOs, etc. I always told myself I'd get around to playing minecraft, but never did.

I joined some server I found on reddit via /r/mcservers and a lot of the land claiming features were mod heavy and required just lots of grinding to get small amounts of land. really weren't any player interactions as well. Minerealm was another one, but that server seemed really dead and players didn't interact much. I gave the nerd.nu servers a spin as well, but after learning that they redo their maps every few months, I lost interest there as well.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 6:48 am 
King

Greetings from the Kingdom of Pyrencia, i have perused your application and should very much be gladdened to extend to you the vote of the Pyrencia

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 7:22 am 
King

You seem like just the kind of person we're looking for to play on this server! At first glance, you seem very into the idea of our world and history, and I always appreciate more mature players such as yourself. With that being said, I extend you my kingly vote and hope to see you on the server soon!

of River's End

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:00 am 
King

And that's 2 votes from the Council of the Crowned!

Waiting now on either a third Council vote or the completed Ducal bill.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 4:42 pm 

Thanks everyone!

Looks like I can see the boards again as well!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 5:12 pm 
King

That's pretty badass that you play so many great games!

Some more questions:

1) If you were in a conflict with another player, or a dispute, or some kind of problem, how would you resolve it?

2) Have you read any of the other forums? We love seeing new people reading and commenting on all of our cool history and stuffs.

3) Are you familiar with voice chat programs while gaming? We use a voice program, we'd love to hear you on there once accepted! If you dont fancy speaking, a few of our other players usually listen in on our chat and respond with typing in game :)

You're almost there, nearly accepted! After you get the necessary votes you will then receive some offers for a liege to stay under during your time as a serf. Dont accept the first one of course, let everyone make their offer before you do :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next