All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 6:08 pm 
Settler

King Arjen III wrote:
I shall provide my vote as well. You look like a great candidate for citizenship on our server. Apologies to all on my absence, and taking so long to vote!

Gimpy III wrote:
You have my vote as well!

Awesome! Thanks for the votes! :D

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 6:40 pm 
Duke

Bump. I think he needs one more duke and one more king. I might be wrong.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 6:56 pm 
King

Nicholas just finished off the duke bill so the three king votes he has is sufficient. Welcome to Hermertia! Prepare to be spammed with liege invites! woo!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 6:57 pm 
Duke

Alrighty!! that's all the votes now!!!
Potential lieges will be sending you offers to join them via this thread. Give it a day or two for everyone to offer then choose which suits you best!!

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 7:05 pm 
Duke

On the subject of offers, I'd like to offer you a place in my own lands! They don't have a name at the moment because they're fairly new but they were a part of the kingdom of Isilioth.

The red outlined area is where I live.

You would basically have the freedom to build what you'd like and my resources of course would be open to your use as well. Also you are by no means stuck there with me. As soon as you become a count you may leave to go off on whatever adventures you want. Whatever the case you will always have a safe place to rest your head and eat in my lands if needed.

If you have any questions you can PM any of us or ask in the thread

I hope to see you in game soon. ^^

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 7:13 pm 
King

Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, I and a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a great land in the making. Accompanied by my stalwart vassal Count Merry, and joined by the excellent Biakko O’Kleefe, we have taken great strides and would love for you to join us!

With the goal of one day becoming a powerful realm, fast progress is being made. Great progress is being made on the under-construction capital city of Gallen, the up-and-coming seat of the government and economic hub of the realm; meanwhile, the plains are home to Biakko's fast expanding town of Chester-le-Ford and, farther off, Merry's burgeoning county. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, swampland, ice plains, and taiga. With Merry, Biakko, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both close support and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the beginnings of a new history.

And speaking of history, I would love to have the opportunity to learn more of yours; I would do my very best to ensure that you are able to carry out your journey. The people of Wysteria have an old saying - now the realm's official motto - , a maxim descended from the first settlers of Laborate over a century ago: In labor, as in all else, success through perspective. This comes from our belief that greater knowledge, greater effectiveness, and greater appreciation for the world around us can be achieved by learning from as many perspectives as possible. From discovering a more efficient mining technique to appreciating a new culture, Wysteria always welcomes the opportunity to learn from others; as such, I would be only too happy to welcome a new perspective into our history to the lands of Wysteria.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria’s location circled. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong ties with Ertia (not far to the north of us) and are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

A shot of Gallen’s dock’s : complete with two cranes, market stalls, and ore processing, the city is well on track to becoming a trading hub. Special facilities have also been created to host fishing derbies in the future – these are spur-of-the-moment contests we have to see who can fish the best loot in a short period of time, and they are a blast! Also seen are the walls of Gallen; the city sports a commanding view, perched on top of a plateau.

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay). Whatever environment might be deemed best for a business can be traveled to in short order.

I am Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild, an organization dedicated to fostering trade in Hermertia; as such, Gallen is home to the main hall of the Guild. Said Hall is in the foreground; the deep black of the polished andesite used in its construction contrasts with the gleaming white that makes up the walls of the rest of the buildings in Gallen's Commercial District.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! Good luck in choosing!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 7:23 pm 
King

I would like to offer you a permanent home in the Kingdom of Pyrencia. We are the newest kingdom, forged by many hands out of the wilds of the south of hermertia. Still driven by the furnace of expansion, we have a strong sense of community and are very fond of working on builds in groups. While you would have a good deal of autonomy under me, rest assured i would only be right around the corner should you require assistance, and i am always very active in helping my vassals out.

My people, the pyrencians, are a short lived people. Most of our kind can only live to be about 30-40. While deeply religious, the majority of our race believes the parasitic virus that causes us to be short lived (dont worry it can be passed on, but is incredibly complicated so its not actually contagious) is actually becuase our blood is mixed with that of the gods. In fact, when the virus/blood is removed, we become virtually identical to humans or elves, depending on the family line. (over several generations of course, genetic mutations dont just go away). And while our religion is important to us, one of its teachings is that our gods are ours, and there are others out there for other races and cultures, meaning we are very acceptant of other religions, just that conversion doesn't work out that great for us.
A long time ago, my people lived in virtual isolation on the Isle of Shadows, but we were attacked by the Danaan, which caused the first IgnisBlade to lead the remnants of our society to the old world, where we fell into relative isolation again, until the Unraveling occured. We journeyed to the new world, arriving shortly after a good deal of the Mercurian empire's people did, and then decided to truly join the empire. Eventually, we rose to kingdom hood itself.

An old(ish) map of my first duchy

Second duchy (also old-ish)

This is the only copy of my third duchy i can find >.< and you can only see the bottom point of my fourth duchy (ignore the seven)

While I do not have currently updated maps, i do have several areas ripe and ready for expansion, covering most types of biome (pretty much everything except desert, mesa or mega taiga)

http://imgur.com/a/kteNa
That is Damor, a town built by my previous vassal Celestine

http://imgur.com/a/githT
An album of Edhevrand before it was finished, missing the housing, castle and the city walls. Though there is a shot of one of my first characters on the server, IgnisBlade

As always, best of luck in selecting a liege-lord. Make sure you take the time to find a liege that suits you, but i hope to see you on the server soon. Carthi va'nothe!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 7:35 pm 
Duke

I'm moving my sister into her new apartment at the moment, congrats! I'd be honored to offer you a place in my lands when I'm home this evening or tomorrow morning. I look forward to you joining our ranks!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 11:45 pm 
Duke

Congratulations on being accepted! I would like to offer you a place in Casadia. Below is a map of Casadia’s current territory (outlined in yellow).

Casadians are an industrious people, priding themselves on their expertise in mining, smithing, and infrastructure. The wealth accumulated from Casadia’s focus on mining and enchanting is often distributed to others outside of Casadia as a means to spread prosperity throughout the empire. Casadia is also known for the dominant religion in its society, known as the Path of the Unburnt. The creed is based around a belief in the Inner Fire found within each person, which Casadians believe to be the source of courage and determination within oneself. By following the Path of the Unburnt, it is believed that an individual can embrace their Inner Fire and reap a number of physical and mental benefits, most notably a resistance to fire and heat.

Should you choose to join Casadia, I will provide you with all of the tools and resources you would need for builds of any size. I also have a wide range of biomes to choose from that would be perfect for epic builds, from soaring mountains to sprawling plains. Outside of the bustling north, Casadian territory is largely uninhabited and ripe for development, so there are plenty of options. As your liege, I will give you free reign to build what and where you please. Your land will be yours to develop and rule as you see fit. Any resources you would gather would be yours to keep, as I do not wish to deprive you of the means to success. And should you ever wish to depart from our lands and start your own county, I would not hold you back. It is Casadia's desire to see all citizens of the empire succeed, regardless of where they live or who they serve. We would be grateful for any help you would have given us during your time with our people. Here is an album (http://imgur.com/a/S1z1t) of some of my cities and settlements. If you have any further questions I would be glad to answer them. I wish you the best of luck as you choose your liege!

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 3:06 am 
Settler

King Varahein wrote:
Nicholas just finished off the duke bill so the three king votes he has is sufficient. Welcome to Hermertia! Prepare to be spammed with liege invites! woo!

As Celestine suggested I will give it a day or so before deciding just so anyone that wants to post can. That being said I will go ahead with a couple questions~

-----
General Question is the John Smith texture pack a server wide agreement or just player choice?
-----

-----
To Celestine I ask a question of space. I notice that the Kingdom of Ertia borders your lands (if I'm reading the map right lol), does this mean your lands are limited in space still available? I saw that another recently joined you as well, but I'd hate to impede on another land if there is not room.
-----

-----
To Nicholas I ask a question of discovery. After more than 150 years you left your homeland in search of adventure. Far from everyone else you came to stop and create Wysteria, seemingly in the middle of no where. What brought your adventure to its end there? What discovery led to your choice of stopping there?
-----

-----
To King Varahein I ask a question of politics. I notice your people have quite short lifespans, being only a few Mercannum. Does this mean that the Ruler of the Kingdom would change sometime soon? If so is there any guarantee that your successor would provide the same benefits?
-----

-----
To Arkelai I ask questions of magic and expansion. Your boasts of enchantments is very intriguing. Is Casadia one of the leaders in the Empire's magic bindings of tools and armors? I also see your lands are still small in comparison to others in the Empire. Is this by choice or does something bar your expansion south and east?
-----

Thank you all for your offers thus far! I look forward to your responses and any offers still to come!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next