All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kris' Application
PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 1:04 am 
Settler

First of all, thank you! Second of all, I've developed more to my lore and the religion so if anyone wishes to see it I'll post it.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 1:11 am 
King

Please do post it, it can only help your application and then once you're accepted, your lore base to go from !

PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 1:16 am 
Settler

Alright, it's a tad long but here it goes so far. Most of this is history according to the religion, while some of this stuff, namely parts of "The Holy Book Delivered" and most of "The Trials" actually happened to the island.

Creation

Many believe the world began as a small piece of dust, then blew up and created all the other planets, stars, and moons. This only half true. In the Beginning, there lived nothing. Many believe the Beginning was a place in time, but really it was an actual place far off in the universe. The Beginning was the only place where there was light, and that was where Zandaña lived. She was alone in the universe, with nothing but her husband Quiende and the light they both gave off. Zandaña and Quiende are today known as the Old Gods, or los Deos Mallor. After many eons, Zandaña gave birth to six children, Xanbarac, Sayava, Cujula, Dechite, Chanmesa, and Elvamara.

These six were known as the Gods of Man, or los Deos de Perjon. Zandaña and Quiende again realized that the universe seemed somewhat empty, aside from the Beginning. So Zandaña, Quiende, and their children created planets, stars, and more. They created two Gods named Daraña and Nachayama, who were to watch over the planets and stars. They were known as the Gods of the Sky, or las Deas del Fererja. Then, the Gods of Man looked at one planet they called Jeramerchi. For some reason, they loved the way it had been made. The varied biomes, the waters, and they realized nothing would come of it. They then had a new God, Mubada the child of Chanmesa, create life on the planet. She created all kinds of creatures, and spread them out across the lands, and everything was well. The Gods wanted to not interfere with the creatures, and kept out of their business. Mubada, along with another God who was the child of Sayava, Neta, then created plantlife. Mubada and Neta are considered the Gods of Creation, or las Deas de Mubadora. Mubadora knew there had to be intelligent life on Jeramerchi, and placed 16 intelligent creatures throughout the planet, 4 in the north, 4 in the south, 4 in the east, and 4 in the west. There were 8 men, and 8 women.

The Fall

Neta disliked what some of the creatures were doing to her plantlife, and created a poisonous plant in order to kill the creature doing this. Before this, the creatures known as people were promised eternal life, and when one of the men in the north suddenly died, Mubada knew something was wrong. She approached Neta, angered that one of her creations had been murdered. During this time, more people were on earth as the original 16 had had children. Neta disguised as Zandaña and banished Mubada to the End. From the End, Mubada ordered some of his creatures such as the Sheep to eat Neta’s creatures the plants.

Mubada called to Zandaña from the End, asking why Zandaña had banished her. Zandaña, confused by this, wished to take Mubada back from the End, although that could only be done by Quiende. Zandaña went to her husband, requesting Mubada be freed from the End. Quiende refused, stating that Neta was in the right; so, Zandaña banished Neta to the End as well which made Quiende angry. Zandaña told her husband that if he wanted Neta to come back from the End, that he would also have to free Mubada. Quiende agreed, and the two traveled to the End to free Mubada and Neta.
During this time, Mubada had created a shield around herself to protect her from corruption. Neta had pleaded to Mubada for a shield, but she refused. Soon, Neta was corrupted by the End, and could no longer be redeemed. Mubada escaped the End with Zandaña and Quiende, leaving Neta behind. Neta created two new Gods, Aba and Efen who were the Gods of Sorrow, or los Deos de Tristeca. These two tormented the people, and Mudaba could no longer stand it. She called upon her fellow Gods to battle Neta, but none of the Gods were willing. Mudaba abandoned her fellow Gods, and created more Gods who were named Quijad, Merida, and Chaya. These three represented war, sickness, and hunger. They traveled to the Beginning and demanded that the Gods there side with them. Some refused, but some complied. In the end, only Zandaña, Xanbarac, Sayava, Cujula, Dechite, and Nachayama stayed in the Beginning. Mudaba was still angered by this, and went to Neta. The two talked to each other and agreed the Gods of the Beginning should be overthrown.

They all went to the Beginning and waged a war against the Gods there. Unbeknownst to them, Zandaña had created small disposable Gods to battle the other Gods. The Gods of the Beginning won, and banished the others to the End. Zandaña looked at her husband with sadness, but knew he had to be banished. Before banishment, Quiende had written a book of all that had happened and dropped it to Jeramerchi. One person read through it before Zandaña had noticed, and when she did she took the book and rewrote it with the truth. She created a new God, Alujuete, who made the people speak different languages. Zandaña kept the Holy Book with her so that no one could rewrite it. Although there was no lying and cheating in the world Zandaña believed that there should be a balance between the good and the evil; and for years, nothing changed.

The Holy Book Delivered

Many years later, Zandaña looked at the people of Jeramerchi and realized that they all had no idea what had happened with the Gods. She decided to get one of the smaller gods, namely Jermoze, and asked him to deliver the book to a special person. Jermoze agreed, and traveled to Jeramerchi. Along his travels, he passed by the End, which had been guarded since the end of the Godly War. Neta saw Jermoze from the End, and called upon a small God to do her bidding, the small God was named Eba. Eba took on the form of a person and went down to Jeramerchi.

Once Jermoze reached Jeramerchi, he watched the planet from above to seek a person who could spread the word. He found on a small island, a man by the name of Jibrano. Jermoze traveled down to the island, book in hand, and placed it in front of Jibrano’s house. When Jermoze came back to the Beginning he told Zandaña about who was given the Holy Book. Zandaña went and watched over the island to see what Jibrano would do.

Jibrano saw the Book and read through it. He saw the amazingness of what was within, and got ready to tell his family all about it. Suddenly, he found a beautiful woman at his door. It was Eba in her human form; she began trying to seduce Jibrano, and to stray him away from Zandaña’s guidance. Eba was unsuccessful, and Jibrano understood that she was trying to trick him. Jibrano drove Eba away from Jeramerchi, and she travelled back to the End. Jibrano began spreading the word of Zandaña to the people of the island, and they all spread the word too. Soon, they named the island after Jibrano and called the island Ibran. Zandaña was watching from above, and was pleased with what was happening. She began to set up some trials for these new believers.

The Trials

First, to test the loyalty of her new followers, Zandaña created a puppet-like person to visit Ibra and to try and trick the people into converting to a different religion. When the people saw this person, some weren’t sure what to do, while others began driving the person away. What most people didn’t know, was that three men went out later and murdered the person. When Jibrano found out that the man had been murdered, Jibran wept for they could have told the man of Zandaña’s word and told him to go out and spread the word. After this encounter, almost the entire population of Ibra feared leaving the island, and none ever did for many years. Zandaña was surprised by Jibrano’s reaction to the murder, and was happy that the man showed pity.

Later, Zandaña sent down a sickness upon some of the people of Ibra. A few of the people died, but many people still held onto their faith. Zandaña was happy that so many of the people still believed in her, and brought back the people who had died and cured all of the sickness. The people began to build a church on the island. Zandaña was happy.

During the church’s construction, in the cold times of year, on a hill by where it was built, a man was resting. Suddenly a bright light appeared and in front of him was woman whose skin was as tan, and she had brown eyes and flowing brown hair. She was adorned in a red dress, and spoke to him in his native language. What had happened, was Zandaña had appeared to the man, and she told him of great things to come in Ibra’s future. She described a time of great harvest, where strange men would come and visit. She told him that although a new religion would spread, that his family would continue following Zandaña’s word. The man’s name was Kristomal Zesabaraño. The man listened to Zandaña’s word, and went to tell his family members but they did not believe him. They asked for a sign that it was really the Holy Woman. So Kristomal went back and told Zandaña. She told Kristomal to go to the church’s building site and gather flowers and she told him that if they still didn’t believe him, that he should go out into the snow without his shirt, and the snow will melt where he lays.. There, in the middle of the cold and barren months, he found roses. He gathered them and sewed them into his clothing to show his family. When they saw they were surprised but still wary. So Kristomal took off the shirt with the roses sewn in, and went out into the snow and it melted. Not only did his family be astonished by that, but on his shirt there suddenly was a picture of Zandaña. His family believed what he originally said, and to this day his descendants still believe in Zandaña’s word. He was made a saint after his death; but to this day not many of his descendants know he was their ancestor, even though the youngest of his descendants, Kris, is named after him.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 2:29 am 
King

Most impressive. Wonder if you'll have any temples or churches dedicated to your Gods when you get accepted?

PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 2:37 am 
Settler

I most likely will build a church/temple once I am able to make one

PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 7:44 pm 
Settler

Also, for anyone wondering, the final story that I listed is slightly based off of the story of Our Lady of Guadalupe. My religion and other bits of Ibra's history are going to be based off/similar to Mexican mythology and holidays. The language, Ibran, is even based off Spanish! Also, can't believe I just need one more King Vote :shock:

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 3:02 am 
King

You have my vote! I hope to see you in Hermertia shortly :)

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 3:59 am 
King

Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, I and a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a great land in the making. Accompanied by my stalwart vassal Count Merry, and joined by the excellent Biakko O’Kleefe, we have taken great strides and would love for you to join us!

With the goal of one day becoming a powerful realm, fast progress is being made. Great progress is being made on the under-construction capital city of Gallen, the up-and-coming seat of the government and economic hub of the realm; meanwhile, the plains are home to Biakko's fast expanding town of Chester-le-Ford and, farther off, Merry's burgeoning county. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, swampland, and, last but not least, large expanses of ice plains and wintry taiga. With Merry, Biakko, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both close support and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the beginnings of a new history.

And what a history you have to share with us! I am very impressed by the amount of work you have put into creating a unique and in-depth history and culture for your people, and would love to have the opportunity to learn more of your peoples through welcoming you to our lands. As I've mentioned, Wysteria contains a great diversity of lands, allowing for a great variety of choice in how you might like to preserve and grow the culture of the the people of Ibra.

The people of Wysteria have an old saying - now the realm's official motto - , a maxim descended from the first settlers of Laborate over a century ago: In labor, as in all else, success through perspective. This comes from our belief that greater knowledge, greater effectiveness, and greater appreciation for the world around us can be achieved by learning from as many perspectives as possible. From discovering a more efficient mining technique to appreciating a new culture, Wysteria always welcomes the opportunity to learn from others; as such, I would be only too happy to welcome a new culture into Wysteria and to learn from the values of Teqari.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria’s location circled. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong ties with Ertia (not far to the north of us) and are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

A shot of Gallen’s dock’s : complete with two cranes, market stalls, and ore processing, the city is well on track to becoming a trading hub. Special facilities have also been created to host fishing derbies in the future – these are spur-of-the-moment contests we have to see who can fish the best loot in a short period of time, and they are a blast! Also seen are the walls of Gallen; the city sports a commanding view, perched on top of a plateau.

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay). Whatever environment might be deemed best for a business can be traveled to in short order.

I am Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild, an organization dedicated to fostering trade in Hermertia; as such, Gallen is home to the main hall of the Guild. Said Hall is in the foreground; the deep black of the polished andesite used in its construction contrasts with the gleaming white that makes up the walls of the rest of the buildings in Gallen's Commercial District.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! Good luck in choosing!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 4:33 am 
Settler

Thank you for the vote, King Kyn! Also, I appreciate the offer of you being my liege, Duke Nicholas, and I may even take the offer in the future! But at the moment, I'd like to wait and see future

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 6:16 am 
Duke

FANTASTIC!! I suggest you give it a day or two for everyone to offer! In the mean time go ahead and poke around the forums and feel free to ask any of the offerers or anyone else questions either on here or through our pm system (its the "send mp" button. we messed up.) because we are more than willing to help! ^^ WELCOME TO HERMERTIA FOR REAL!!!~

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next