All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 10:36 pm 
King

Yea, about that. By our process you must start out as a serf under a specific leige. I.E. Count/Duke/King. Thats not to say that you couldnt say, start a merchant company based out of that liege's region, but you would need to choose a lord. I cant imagine most lords having a problem without you working as a traveling contractor though. Some lieges may want to tax the income of said buisness venture, but that would be on an individual basis.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 1:03 am 
Count

I see. It is a Lord's right to do as he pleases! How silly of I to think that I could live on my own! Whichever liege I choose to work under, shall I be accepted, provides me the means to live! I owe my life to them!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 1:11 am 
King

Copied from my run-through of the application process:

Once you have achieved the required votes, your last step is in choosing a liege to start out under. As per tradition, all new serfs begin under a liege to have the opportunity to create a first county and prove their commitment to the values of Hermertia; if they wish, they can later set out on their own once having achieved the rank of count and proven their long-term commitment to our world. Once you have achieved the required votes, prospective lieges can make offers. You are encouraged not to take the first one that comes, but to consider each and choose the one you think may best benefit you.

So, you would need to select a liege to start out under, but it is hardly a permanent arrangement or a barrier to your plans to become a travelling merchant. Indeed, starting out under a liege would probably be a boost to your business: under a lord of an established realm, you would have greater resources at your disposal and a solid base from where to start. And there are many different potential lieges, so you would be sure to find one compatible with your goals.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 1:35 am 
Duke

Aye, in my days of serfdom I owned a small exploration company. Similar to your idea of being a merchant, I had dreams of aiding the people of the empire, except through exploring and protecting their trade routes. While the company was shut down amid the Dark Age, it was still something fun to plan for. I look forward to seeing your idea of a traveling merchant/contractor take off if you get accepted.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 1:53 am 
Count

I might, of course, settle down if my liege needs me to but until then, I will travel! Travel is a good means of getting to know the entire Empire. Knowledge of where everything is located is one of the most valuable skills I think.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 5:53 am 
King

Agreed. As far as if you wished to be independent (Under the council rather then under a liege) you would need to first attain the rank of Count under a liege first. What requirements a duke or king would have before making you a count will vary, though most will want you to oversee the construction of a county. hence the name. Other then that, I like your application so far and i approve of your goals.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 2:50 pm 
King

Ave, newcomer!

I have been indisposed for the past few weeks with my people's secession and subsequent new beginnings. There is a bit of a delay as news is brought to me through couriers from the Imperial Court. When I was given a read through of the correspondences you've been having with other nobles of the Empire, I have been impressed and delighted by your responses.

Allow me to grant you your first Royal Vote, as the Hand of the King of Perth, I have proxy voting powers in the case of King Scrios's absence.

You have offically gained the Royal Vote of Perth, and the Duke Vote from myself.

Congratulations!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 2:51 pm 
King

Ave, newcomer!

I have been indisposed for the past few weeks with my people's secession and subsequent new beginnings. There is a bit of a delay as news is brought to me through couriers from the Imperial Court. When I was given a read through of the correspondences you've been having with other nobles of the Empire, I have been impressed and delighted by your responses.

Allow me to grant you your first Royal Vote, as the Hand of the King of Perth, I have proxy voting powers in the case of King Scrios's absence.

You have offically gained the Royal Vote of Perth, and the Duke Vote from myself.

Congratulations!

Samaia is a Snow Elf, if you are wondering, we have as the others have explained, many varied and interesting races. Looking forward to seeing you in game when you get your votes. You're well on the way!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 5:06 pm 
Duke

Sigh... there goes Sam, double posting again... but congrats on the votes! You have mine as well!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 8:23 pm 
Duke

As I quite like you so far, you have received my vote as well, sir! Good luck. :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next