All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 3:36 am 

Hello, you can call me Jake. I'm a 23 year old zookeeper and student of geography/cartography. I first started playing Minecraft in the alpha days while I was still in high school. I stopped playing a long time ago due to life being busy and the server I enjoyed falling apart and shutting down. I reinstalled the game recently for nostalgia sake, but felt kinda lost and started looking for what I enjoyed back in the day; a creative, organized roleplay server. Hermertia was the first server that caught my attention on /r/mcservers. It looked to check off everything I enjoyed about Minecraft. A near vanilla server with mature players, a rich lore, beautiful buildings, and basically a whole new world for me to lose myself in while I'm not working or studying.

What are my goals? I have to say I don't have many. I don't plan on being in a rush to obtain a position of power and glory. I want to take it slow and enjoy the journey. Plus ruling has never really had much appeal to me. I would happily be a serf serving a liege as long as they were kind and fair. I'd be happy having a tranquil homestead providing for myself and selling in surprise, but also I think getting involved in some court intrigue would be fun. Maybe some cloak and dagger stuff (hopefully light on the dagger, I've never been much of a fighter). Running sensitive messages, scouting new locations, anything like that would be right up my alley.

I'll be honest here, I am not a very good Minecraft player. I'm not an architect or an electrical engineer or much of a fighter. I haven't played much Minecraft in the last four or five years, so I don't have any builds to show off or anything. I will say that I am always up for learning and I definitely enjoy the game and I enjoy exploring and learning about a new world and the history that exists within it.

Lore:
Where am I? I'm not sure. I don't know how long I've been out or why I was knocked out. I bet it was those mushrooms I ate. I was never good at remembering which ones were safe to eat and which ones cause this to happen.

Let's start with what I do know.
My name is Uppsk and I am of the Hrynjandi Tribes. Specifically the Alendi. People say we're the most irrelevant of the three tribes, but I was happy for the most part growing up on my family's peaceful little farm.
I was happy until I started getting older and started learning more about the big world beyond the fences of our fields. I started growing restless and started exploring further and further. My growing wanderlust began to create a rift between my parents and me. They didn't understand my desire to explore. They feared for my safety and ultimately provided me an ultimatum. I could either stay on the farm, settle down, and eventually inherit it or I could pack a bag and give up my inheritance and explore the world. I obviously chose the later.

That all happened when I was 17. I haven't been good keeping up with the date since then, but I'm 23 now. Wait or maybe 24? It doesn't really matter. What I do know is that I think it might be time to start a new life. Wandering is hard. Maybe it's time to take my knowledge of farm life and put it to use in... wherever I am. I really need to figure that out. It'd give me a home and a place to start a new chapter of life. I can put all my exploring skills to use in this new kingdom. All I know is it's time for something new...

I look forward to any and all feedback and I hope to be playing alongside all of y'all soon!

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 4:13 pm 
King

Hello and welcome!

Your application is good so far, you're off to a solid start. Your lore can always develop as you go, there's no rush or requirement, we're all just here to have fun and you can contribute at your own pace! We all have improved our building styles and abilities over the years that we've played, you can even see our older builds from years ago in certain sections on the server that are almost like a time capsule. All in good time, plus exposure to new build ideas was how I developed and improved over time as well, this server is the perfect mix of old and new, and ranging varieties of styles and aesthetics.

How did you find out about the Hrynjandi Tribes? Did you read the lore or do you know the Heirophant personally ? :P

Keep up the replies and check back multiple times a day for updates, the more posts and questions and replies you have the more likely you'll be to getting in quicker :)

I know that some of the other Kings and Dukes will want to see some build examples, doesnt have to be anything special, just hop into creative and spend a short time making a few things and post them on here. Good luck!

Some questions:
- Have you read the FAQ and understand the liege/vassal system?
- Do you use voice chat? We have discord and would love to speak to you, even before you get the votes required, to give you a better understanding.
- What is your favourite planet/feature in the Solar System?

Adjudicator for Valyrian Affairs, Forums Administrator

Gold Roads. Fractal Mining. Lore Compliance Ducks.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 10:22 pm 
Count

Hello, nice application. I hope you are accepted here at Hermertia, its a great place. I also started as a lost one in the woods.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Count

First of all welcome to the forum!
Really great application. Bonus points for you lore knowledge. Looking forward to see a build or two from you. Additionally, do you own and use a headset/microphone. We are using discord a lot to talk and banter.

Keep up like this and you part of our Hermertia Family in no-time.
Looking forward to see you on Discord and/or InGame soon.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 2:10 am 
King

Would definitely love to see some builds, good application so far though :)

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 6:27 am 
Duke

Welcome!! Great to meet you. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this app.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 3:25 am 
King

Great application so far. I like the content of your lore and such but I would love to see some build samples. Is that possible?

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 12:31 am 
Duke

This application is being closed due to inactivity. If you still would like to join the server, please make a new application.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]