All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 13th, 2021, 5:09 am 
King

As the title says, please post your desired server wish-list items here in terms of plugins, mods or whatever else you may like to entertain the possibility of in our New New New World!

Current mods
- Fast Travel capability
- Essentials capabilities (Nicknames etc)
- Mob-Free Zones
- Custom Terrain in places

And any more that I have missed.

Post your Wishes of either new Mods or addtions or Additional uses or desires regarding those or current mods!

PostPosted: March 13th, 2021, 5:16 am 
Duke

Majority sleep mod so only half of the people on have to sleep for night to pass.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: March 13th, 2021, 5:40 am 
Duke

A smaller world so we can be closer together.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2021, 6:08 am 
King

The ability to paint in custom terrain that fits the server suitably well too.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2021, 7:06 am 
Duke

The Chairman wrote:
A smaller world so we can be closer together.

A smaller world so we can download the world in less than a day

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: March 14th, 2021, 10:33 pm 
King

I'm all for a smaller world, but as others have also said, I would prefer that it doesn't shrink to a size too small that would hinder the possible future expansion of any smaller realms.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2021, 5:27 am 
Duke

I'm thinking 40k x 20k. Maybe 40k x 40k. That's about half the size of the current Hermertia. 85% of people lived in about one half of the map anyways so that shouldn't be a problem at all.

I'm not as married to the pure vanilla experience as I used to be. I want to focus more on the world building and a bit less on the survival experience. I'd like to increase the build height to 512 which will allow for more freedom of building at higher altitudes. Fast travel and the creative world will be making a return as soon as possible and I want to add the ability for players to copy terrain in survival and paste it into creative. I personally would like to be more liberal with our use of the mob proofing plugin, whenever that becomes available, as to avoid torch spam, creeper holes, and enderman holes. If you think of or learn of any other mob-proofing techniques, I'd love to hear that as well. Initially we will just go off of the vanilla terrain, but I would still like to add custom terrain to the world to keep things interesting and real as possible.

As far as the lore goes, I'd like to have all new realms and characters for the new world. Perhaps the new world is set on a separate continent far in the future and all the old world stuff has passed into legend.

I would like to have the server running as soon as possible, but we will have to wait for the official Spigot 1.17 release which will probably end up being some time in the summer. We will also have to discuss the land selection process. Whether we will all start on equal footing, or if we follow our current ranks and assign priority appropriately. Currently I'm a fan of all of us starting equally in the new world. Anyone following this thread is actively in the community and has been for a long time so I don't have a problem with everyone getting their own land with the same rules as everyone else.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2021, 6:49 am 
King

Land discussion can be its own separate thread certainly and all that kinda stuff can be sorted out as we need it. Good chat so far.

Any additional server mod requests?

PostPosted: April 4th, 2021, 5:07 pm 
Settler

Hello, I have not posted in ages on here but talked to Sam a little bit earlier. I think a fun beginning could be a slowly expanding world border so we all start in the same place, like how Concordia was if I understand that correctly. By making the world so massive (40k x 40k) you necessitate the need for fast travel.

I would be in favor of something far smaller, but I know I have little sway in such things. A world we could actually connect together with roads, boats, and short nether lines would foster more collaboration. While I know fast travel could do the same, why not have both. Neighbors so close we could have border towns and lore with each other and fast travel to the more distant realms. Perhaps something no bigger than 20k by 20k.

The best SMP minecraft experiences I had were when we were pushed on top of each other and had conflict, collaboration, stories, etc. The last server's size meant it was 95% empty and you never just happened to run into someone, and to see each other became a huge hassle. The world might as well have been single player. Always open to hear others thoughts though.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2021, 3:39 pm 
King

To add on to the previous posts surrounding world-painting/world-editing, I would like to make sure that all major rivers are edited (if necessary) so that travel along them in their entirety is possible. One issue I still have with MC to this day is how bad the river generation is sometimes and how it can lead to dead-end rivers. I strongly believe that having complete river systems greatly helps with crafting lore for a realm. Also airships plz /s