All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2018, 8:20 pm 
Count

Any progress here? If we have no further ideas or additions we can put it in a bill and get a vote up and running.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2018, 5:05 pm 
King

I agree with the information posted here as well. It has been discussed in the past and I think it is a good idea.

We need to come up with the legislation wording for it so it can be put to a vote. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

PostPosted: July 4th, 2018, 8:36 pm 
King

Custom Terrain Modification Bill

(Aka the mountain/river painting bill)

Each realm is permitted to ask for 1 at a time, until their previous custom terrain modification has been suitably developed as part of a scenic build, with an exception made for Community Build events requiring such modifications. A singular use of this service can be defined as: A number of mountains, hills, trees and rivers in a decent sized area to encompass the surrounding landscape of a build of the biome type to be chosen by the designer. This will be assessed on a case by case basis. Note, it must be relatively similar to the biomes nearby. For example no desert mountains within a largely ice biome area or mesas within a largely heavily wooded biome area.

A picture of a rough design of the improvements shall be submitted for reference, with notes on specifics for the admin to understand correctly the required terrain.

It is required that a bill passes with at least 2 members of the High Council to approve the modifications before it is implemented.

Once a build has been suitably finished within this new custom terrain, only then shall another be permitted.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 9:29 pm 
King

I like it!

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 9:53 pm 
King

I think sodihv was going to have a look over the wording and then post it. we're almost there!

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 5:16 pm 
King

Custom Terrain Modification Bill

(Aka the mountain/river painting bill)

Each realm is permitted to ask for one new Custom Modified Terrain Area at a time, until their previous custom terrain modification has been suitably developed as part of a scenic build, with an exception made for Community Build events requiring such modifications in the same Realm. A singular use of this service can be defined as: A number of mountains, hills or rivers and trees - that does look like could fit within the world - in a decent sized area to encompass the surrounding landscape of a build of the biome type to be chosen by the designer. This will be assessed on a case by case basis. Note, it must be relatively similar to the biomes nearby. For example no desert mountains within a largely ice biome area or mesas within a largely heavily wooded biome area.

A picture of a rough design of the improvements shall be submitted for reference, with notes on specifics for the admin to understand correctly the required terrain for when it is to be implemented.

It is required that a bill passes with at least 2 members of the High Council to approve the modifications before it is implemented.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 7:32 pm 
King

i amended the previous comment to have slightly improved wording. Any thoughts? We can get this out to vote soon.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2018, 6:27 pm 
Count

First off, I really like the wording so far.

Only issue I see, right now, is that small realms will either neeed to claim more land for such a custom terrain or need to put it where their old builds are. So we either have to allow them to include there already finished buildings in the new terrain or give them the ability to aquire need land.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2018, 7:39 pm 
King

What im understanding from your comment is that the previous buildings would be taken from the live server and placed into the new terrain?

Good point about smaller realms, although for the most part, even the small claims would have a decent amount of space in them for inputting modified terrain, although im sure that they could be given reasonable bumps to their land claim ability to accommodate the placement of such a modification.

I like the idea of enhancing an area that there have been old builds if the people would want to do that, no sense in restricting it that much.

Thoughts on this? I might have another attempt later when some of you are in discord to type out some more language on this.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2018, 12:29 am 
King

Interesting topic Dujek indeed. How do you propose we change the wording to include your suggestions? Should be an easy revision if others agree with it!