All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dulli's Application
PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 7:39 am 
Settler

Growing up in a zensunni tribe had been hard for Dulli. His whole childhood had been spent moving around, not staying anywhere to make any friends. Worst still were the cold nights spent in drafty caves and dirt houses while on the road. Dulli had begun to anticipate those times when some kind folk would take them into their homes. Young Dulli marveled at the architectures of these houses and dreamed of building his own someday.

When Dulli was old enough he decided to end his nomadic lifestyle. Still holding ayat in his heart, Dulli bid his family farewell and set off to find a new beginning. The young man sought to find a worthy liege lord or perhaps even make it to the Aedifican's Guild.

Hello,
My name is Cameron. I have been playing Minecraft for a long time and am still amazed at all it has to offer. I have mostly played on factions servers for the competitive nature, but those servers and communities leave a lot to be desired, to say the least. I tried regular survival servers but they never really captivated me. Right now I am most excited by the Hardcode SMP server. It is a great challenge and has a good community, but I can't play all the time due to those death bans :? I spend a lot of time in Minecraft building bases, messing around with redstone, and most of all surviving.

I been forum roleplaying for many years and just recently started playing DnD. I really enjoy games that revolve around community building. This server looks like exactly what I have been looking for.

Hope to play with you all,
Noremac

Post subject: Re: Dulli's Application
PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 8:01 am 
Settler

Some fantasy books/series that I like are:
Lord of the Rings
Game of Thrones
Wheel of Time
Thomas Covenant
Black Company
Stormlight Archives
Kingslayer Chronicles
Inheritance
The Blade Itself
The Hollowing
Dragonriders of Pern
(I managed to binge most of these on audiobook while playing Minecraft :| )
And many more that I haven't thought about recently. I'd be happy to talk about anything fantasy or sci-fi related. Religion is another thing that interests me in literature, although I am an atheist.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 5:04 pm 
Count

Hey there! We're happy to have you!

Please have a look around the forums. Do you have any example builds?

PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 6:12 pm 
Settler

I don't have any good looking worlds at the moment since I have mostly been playing hardcore. Here are a few things I worked on recently.

https://imgur.com/gallery/JAIwKbA

I have roleplaying text I can paste over too.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 6:14 pm 
Settler

I've been checking out the forum. There is certainly a lot! The guild section interests me. There were so many realms that I got a bit overwhelmed.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 7:14 pm 
Duke

Your Application looks awesome! I'm super excited to talk with you about some novels as I just picked up reading again. Looking for some more stuff to read, so we can chat about that. I suppose a few questions are in order so take your time and reply whenever you can!

First off, what biomes do you like? some people like to build in specific biomes so getting a good idea of what you like will help us to find out if you're a good pick for specific lieges.

Second, Have you ever been a part of any disagreements on other servers? if so what happened and how did you resolve it?

Third, Have you read the series "The Magician" by Lev Grossman? Just finished the third book myself after starting it years ago and I for one think its a piece of modern literature deserving of praise.

Anywho, welcome to Hermertia! I look forward to your answers and I'm sure other Kings and Dukes will be along to review your application this evening when they all get off work.
See you around!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 12:13 am 
King

Welcome my son, to Hermertia!

There is so much rich history on this server, in terms of lore from our characters and in terms of builds, a legacy of real-time years in some cases!

I'd be most interested to see what you have to offer once you get accepted with your build style and how youll provide a new life for your character and the people that he will no doubt lead to greatness. Firstly with a smaller build or addition to a main town already there, and from then youll expand to include your very own County and become a landed noble of Hermertia. The world is waiting for your stamp upon it!

I recall when I was just joining the server, a long long time ago, 2013! And now I have become in the past, the Emperor and also ascended after much effort, to the level of the much vaunted Purple Name people, aka Kings! (Or in my character's case, a Queen!)

We do play other games and stuff often also, and we sit around in discord calling each other awful insults most nights, im sure youll fit right in!

Looking forward to seeing your responses to Gimpy's questions, he raised a few good ones!

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 3:17 am 
Settler

Gimpy V wrote:
First off, what biomes do you like?

I enjoy building on mountains or distinct rock outcroppings, spires, and formations. I enjoy trying to build my bases into the terrain or landscape. One build I have been thinking about is a house with a hub in the nether and the rooms connected by portals to different biomes.

Gimpy V wrote:
Have you ever been a part of any disagreements on other servers? if so what happened and how did you resolve it?

Quite a few actually, though never in Minecraft. On a roleplaying forum I spent many years on, we often got into heated debates over battles. It is a sandbox rp and I played an op dragon antagonist. I tried to be a good bad guy and ultimately lose in the end, but in most fights, we came to some disagreement and ended up fighting. Often times it was my fault for being too aggressive in my actions or attached to my character. In the end, as the antagonist, I would have to admit defeat. Once I did ask a moderator to judge a fight and was in a position to kill another players character (i.c. He had entered my lair when I was gone and touched my hatchling). As an antagonist, I had won, but due to the argument, the victory felt no better than the defeats. For a few years, I tried at playing the antagonist on that site. I learned much as a writer and a roleplayer in that time. Here is the site if anyone wants to check it out. http://thefantasysandbox.boards.net/

Another forum I participate in is for a strategy war game called Samuraiwars. On there we roleplay clans, economies, and territorial wars. That community is very competitive and toxic. The threads sometimes seem like one giant spaghetti pile of drama. Somehow we prevail though.

From these two communities, I have learned to not emotionally involve myself. Especially, in roleplaying, it is much better to judge the situation honestly and act accordingly. Still, this cannot stop disagreements from happening. Sometimes other people will get upset and be the ones driving the argument. This should be acceptable in a roleplaying environment because it is the player's responsibility to learn how to deal with these situations. Adversity, adds to the story and can be fostered in a good way rather than forced into a dead-end argument. Logical fallacies like ad hominem attacks or "I did this because you did that," arguements need to be avoided.

TLDR
I resolve conflict by embracing it.

Gimpy V wrote:
Third, Have you read the series "The Magician" by Lev Grossman?

I have not read those books. Is there a particular style subgenre that you are interested in?

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 4:43 am 
Duke

Awesome answers, and I'm not into specific sub genres but I like SciFi/High Fantasy alike.
Also is your name Cameron, or is Noremac backwards just a coinkidink? ;)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 5:18 am 
Settler

My name is indeed Cameron. I am getting a copy of The Magician's. I like scifi a lot too. Hyperion inspired my nether portal house idea. Hyperion is part of an excellent series by Dan Simmons. It is a futuristic version of the Canterbury Tales and has some of the most unique and awesome characters and settings that I have ever encountered.