All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 20th, 2017, 4:01 pm 
Settler

Out-Of-Lore : Hello, I'm Max. A 19 year old. I play a lot of games and I am very fond of them. Now I've returned to Minecraft after almost 2 years. I'm generally a friendly person and I like the social aspect of there types of communities a lot, I'm often quite useful and can help out in some technical things too. I'm very fond of Roleplay and lore driven stories and games too thus I've decided to apply for this certain community after I found out about it on Reddit.com/r/mcservers. It looked quite appealing, the atmosphere seems very inviting and it certainly seems like a place for me. Being the fairly active and curios person that I am, I decided to apply and look forward to joining in on the fun!

While working under a Leige is very fun, I'm the sort of person that would like to experience it all, I would like to start at the bottom and make my way up to the top. As we know, nothing can be set in stone and as the story progresses I might even change, who knows? I would although like to start out as a trader or farmer and work for a specific liege and better my relationships and make my way steadily.

I am an expert in roleplay as I have been doing it most of my gaming life. I'm a novice in redstone and am pretty good at building. I have a way with nature and natural-esque looking buildings. I take special interest in architecture and development.

Lore:
Rorik, a proud man of a far off remote Island finds himself on the shores of Hermertia after a mingle with the daughter of his tribal chief who exiled him off on a raft. He was raised by his single father who took good care of him and provided him with most of his primal and medicinal knowledge. As Rorik never had a mother, he has become rough and tough, although he is not fearless, he never backs down and believes that he can overcome anything. After a ground shaking war of the eastern south eastern empires, his father barely escaped with his family to a remote island somewhere in the Western continent where he settled down and Rorik was born. Shortly after, Rorik's Mother and two Sisters, Alana and Racheal disappeared in to thin air, without a trace and his father and him were left with little to nothing, some said it was the ghouls that roamed the southern border of the Island but it was never confirmed and they were never found.

For 14 years, Rorik trained under his father and became both a skillful sword fighter and archer. He also developed a keen interest in literature and soon began writing him own books which provided just enough for the survival of his father and him. Rorik's books brought him some fame within the Island and his tribe, the Tribal Chiefs daughter especially took interest in him and they soon got in a relationship. When the Chief found out, He marched with his small force to Rorik's house where he found Rorik and his father farming, the Chief drove a dagger right through Rorik's fathers heart and captured Rorik and tied him to a raft and sent him off in to the ocean. Two days later, Rorik found himself on the shores of the Town of Malees which was a part of the Middle Eastern set of Islands, there he stayed for a month and earned enough supplies and money to set out for Hermertia which was called, "The land of Power. After a long and hard voyage, The 19 year old reached Hermertia and now wishes to put his skill in farming and building to good use and rise to power and take revenge on the Island he was once a resident of, this may take him across all of Hermertia but he is very strong willed and has sworn to take revenge. While he was at Malees, he made quite a profit off of his immense knowledge of medicine and has gathered quite an amount. Now his main goal is rising to glory and power and taking revenge on the ones who wronged him. Somewhere in his heart, he also wishes to find out what actually happened to his mother and sisters and if they're still alive. Inbetween all of this, he also longs for love and affection. He is especially intrigued by the land of Hermertia and is keen on exploring around as he is new to such a big environment.

I really hope to get accepted and I also hope that none of my lore is contradictory.

Post subject: Re: Rorik's application
PostPosted: December 20th, 2017, 5:50 pm 
King

Welcome! This is a fantastic application!

Glad to hear that you are interested and ambitious. It's good to have that drive.

You are able to start as whatever you seem like you'd want to do, not just farming, or running a small shop. Most of the time, and this is entirely up to you, each player will have a starting hamlet/village/fort or something similar, and be most likely the mayor/leader/town's council person in charge.
As an Empire, we are made up of Realms, and each Realm can span a single County area (few villages connected together) to a Duchy, which is 3 Counties connected together, or a Kingdom, if you are so bold and have the aptitude and will to rise that far, which is 2 whole connected Duchies, and of course, be in good standing in the community to attain the vote of your peers (pretty easy if you're not a dickbag, thats all it takes :P )

I'd like to ask for some build pictures as well, quite a lot of emphasis is placed on the World-Building side, in terms of the in character lore that we write, and the lore we create for religions, beliefs, festivals, culture and descriptions of the people we each lead.
For example, I started out as a traveller to these lands almost 4 years ago now in real life time, as a human who settled in the Kingdom of Perth, in Kaltdvanne, a tiny farming helmet in the North of Perth. As my ideas progressed, my next character was a Snow Elf, and from there I was able to expand my lore, and eventually create the Kingdom of Dawnstar you see today. From Vassal to Count to Duke to King. A long journey but ultimately highly satisfying and worth seeing and enjoying the lore that has been created with the buildings and areas within my lands. I love all of it.

Some questions:

We regularly use discord voice chat, if you have that and are ok with using it?
- If you had a conflict with another player, how would you go about attempting to resolve it?
- What is your favourite irl power tool?
- How much of the Realms have you seen on the forums and did you enjoy the Server Trailer?

Keep checking this every day, I'll post it in our discord so people can see it!

- Sam

PostPosted: December 20th, 2017, 6:42 pm 
Settler

Thank you Sam, and yes I use discord quite avidly and I have no problem with Voice Chatting, I do it quite often. If it were in game I would act according to my character which would be to stop whatever i'm doing wrong and say sorry (my character does not like fights, he once killed a man in a fight, he's been scared ever since). If it were and out of game fight, I would try to find a reasonable resolve, If I was wrong, I would pardon myself from the fight as to not let it grow and consult a few people just to see if I was wrong or not and if I was, I would say sorry. If they were wrong, I would still back out and consult and later, when we're cooled down I would tell them that they were wrong.

In Real Life Power tool? not sure what you mean there, could you explain or elaborate?

I have sat down and read about some of the Kingdoms, mainly Ertia and Khabranth but I've been trying to read the rest of the lore. I am also going to read the Religion and other parts. The lore and the rest of the forums are spectacular and I get excited just seeing them.

The server trailer was very fun to watch. It is every bit as exciting as I imagined, it really captures the beauty of the server. The realms look really well built and I am super intrigued by the kingdoms designs and their own separate themes.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2017, 6:47 pm 
Settler

Here are some photos I have in my hard drive. Like I said, I just came back to Minecraft and I have little to no pics of my builds.
(edited to show the pics! )

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 12:10 am 
King

Good answers!

There is so much to see that even now, I have not actually been to see every single area. It boggles the mind!

I mean what electric power tool, like a drill or sander or reciprocating saw or something, its a stupid question i throw in to make sure people are paying attention and you are as you caught it :P

I am pleased to hear you are reading the forums, you can get to work as well once you have a liege in crafting more elaborate lore, it is never in stone, you can always make a new character with a new back story etc etc.

I'm going to give you my vote as i've seen enough and I can see you are keen. You need currently, 1 more vote to get in from either Khabranth or Gimpy of Kaine, as the other 2 High Council players are without internet currently! Either that or a Low Council Bill from the Duke of Casadia and the King of Perth. Good luck!

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 12:15 am 
Count

Ignore the power tool question, Sam's a weirdo.

Your application looks really good. Out of curiosity, what's the last server you played on? I played with someone named Max a year or two ago and that second picture looks *really* familiar.

I'm too low rank to give you a vote, but keep posting. I started building a small village for my application and just posted the pictures as I did it. :)

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 12:25 am 
King

Also I can change your name on the forums to Rorik if you like, it'll change your login to Rorik as well! :)

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 3:50 am 
Settler

Sunny of Delaena wrote:
Ignore the power tool question, Sam's a weirdo.

Your application looks really good. Out of curiosity, what's the last server you played on? I played with someone named Max a year or two ago and that second picture looks *really* familiar.

I'm too low rank to give you a vote, but keep posting. I started building a small village for my application and just posted the pictures as I did it. :)

Thanks, I think my last server was
Just a quiet vanilla server, I'm un sure of the name though and sure, Ill keep posting.

Last edited by Rorik on December 21st, 2017, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 3:52 am 
Settler

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
Good answers!

There is so much to see that even now, I have not actually been to see every single area. It boggles the mind!

I mean what electric power tool, like a drill or sander or reciprocating saw or something, its a stupid question i throw in to make sure people are paying attention and you are as you caught it :P

I am pleased to hear you are reading the forums, you can get to work as well once you have a liege in crafting more elaborate lore, it is never in stone, you can always make a new character with a new back story etc etc.

I'm going to give you my vote as i've seen enough and I can see you are keen. You need currently, 1 more vote to get in from either Khabranth or Gimpy of Kaine, as the other 2 High Council players are without internet currently! Either that or a Low Council Bill from the Duke of Casadia and the King of Perth. Good luck!

Thanks Sam, yeah the power tool question was a bit offthrowing and thanks for the vote, I'm super happy that you've liked and enjoyed my application and information i have provided. I wouldn't mind a name change, you can change my name to Rorik.

The lore and the shear amount of information about the server is itself a very impressive feat. I was amazed just looking around to how muxh indormation there is and as you're saying, the land is even more vast, certainly nags at my interest.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 4:24 am 
King

It's been changed. Come on other voting members!