All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 5:23 am 
Settler

Tell us a bit about yourself.

Hi! I’m a 20-year-old university student from the eastern US.
I’ve always had a strong interest in worldbuilding, enough that I used to play create-your-own-country games on random forums at as young as 12 years old. Minecraft is the biggest canvas of mine for this since I’m trash at drawing. I’ve made a few pretty cool lore worlds in single-player in the past. I also just really enjoy the aesthetic side of playing Minecraft, and my strong suit is definitely in more fantasy/medieval vibes. Hermertia would be a really nice outlet for this part of my creative side, both in worldbuilding and more small-scale design.
Here are a few pictures from a world I've had for a few months on the Xbox One edition of MC (apologies for the lack of texture packs and the fact that I actually had to photograph my TV).

The Village at Twin Capes

The Queensland Derby

Alridge Manor

I learned about this server by looking up “roleplay” on /r/mcservers and finding the post about it.

Tell us a bit about your goals in Hermertia.

I’d like to work under a liege for a while. I might set off on my own after some time, but I’d first want to establish myself somewhere first and integrate into the community. That seems like one of the great strengths of this server to an outsider, the community, so I’d want to make sure I really experienced.
As for potential work, being a historian sounds interesting, especially since the work I’d be doing would directly impact future generations of players who join. I’d be able to have a more personal hand in the lore.

Tell us about any skills or talents that you would like to employ in Hermertia.

I’m a pretty good builder on a smaller scale. Most of my projects aren’t huge, but I like to think they’re nice in a more quaint way. That’s my favorite part of Minecraft overall, building and seeing the progress of an area or project as it develops. I do also enjoy more resource-oriented activities like mining and farming.

Some early lore

Quinn, now 25 years old, was once an architect and surveyor for the crown of a distant northern kingdom called Norilsk. After a violent populist revolution, all royal officials at any level were advised to leave the country or face execution by the masses. Quinn left behind many friends, but no family. Very few employees of the crown in Norilsk were allowed to have families, as they sought to reduce the risk of an usurper rising from within. Higher-ranking officials were even forced to become eunuchs.

Like many citizens of Norilsk, Quinn never had much time to think of religion. While the general consensus is that some deity likely exists somewhere, the harsh realities of a life in often-freezing temperatures did not leave time for specific worship. This reflects strongly in the outlook not just of the individual, but in the entire region’s culture; Norilsk’s proverbial writings tend to deal more with themes of strength through adversity than with anything else, and people are generally expected to tough things out. The people of Norilsk are simple and hardy, and Quinn is no exception.

This was a very formulaic application, hopefully that's alright! Let me know if there's anything missing. :)

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 3:10 pm 
King

Welcome traveller Quinn, to the lands of Hermertia.

You've come to the right place for a chance to have another life, it seems that violent upheavals as you had occur to yourself, as well as bandits razing towns and mad kings are rife across the world, but Hermertia, while not perfect and without strife, has endured as a relatively safe and peaceful Empire for hundreds of years (in the lore). We've passed 600 years since the ancient times and these lands truly have become a wonder and a strong beacon of hope and prosperity for those who need it most.

Your application is fantastic. I am immediately impressed by your builds, a tourney ground and some kind of sunken pit for a crowd to watch happenings is a really unique design. If you were to make anything like that on the Server, like what you've posted, you'd be very much praised and appreciated for being a creative builder and an imaginative one also. Your designs don't look derivative but rather unique and interesting. A huge build isn't the only way to be a great builder, we love all sized things, and in fact, the smaller stuff that really grabs our attention is just as impressive as the larger stuff.

I also like that you're interested in being a historian, there's a lot to learn, and writing for future generations of the Empire is important. I aim to have a library of sorts of books compiled from across the Empire (I should write more as I enjoy the historical works of books and named items !)

I'm going to give you my vote to get in soon after one or two questions if you're still reading this haha
(These arent trick questions by the way :P )

- If you had a conflict with another player, how would you wish to resolve it?
- How are you with building with others in 'co-builds' ?
- Are you ready to explore, theres places even I havent seen on the server and I've been here for almost 4 years!
- What is your favourite power tool?
- We're a gaming community as well as a Minecraft Community, what other games are you into ? We play PUBG, Overwatch, Civ V and Civ VI, Guns of Icarus, and some of us have Xbox or PS4 as well for a few other games.
- And last but not least, have you ever played any RPG games before like Dungeon World or Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons. We've done a few in the past and are looking to do a few more in time also!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 5:45 pm 
Settler

Thank you so much for the very kind reply! :)

- If you had a conflict with another player, how would you wish to resolve it?
I'm a strong believer in tackling problems in a cooperative way; instead of phrasing the issue as, "You've done something wrong and I'm upset," I like saying "There is a problem here that we need to work together to solve." People are much more friendly and cooperative when you're as non-antagonistic and non-confrontational as possible. So I'd talk to the player about the conflict, but in a 'cooperative' way, and with a strong emphasis on compromise.

- How are you with building with others in 'co-builds' ?
I enjoy it! I like the influence their style can have on mine. Even small, depth-affecting things can make a huge difference in a build, and I find that a lot of people do those things pretty differently, so my favorite part of co-building is definitely the little quirks that come from the other person's build style. Plus, sometimes I notice that I really like something they do and make it more present in my own future builds.

- Are you ready to explore, theres places even I havent seen on the server and I've been here for almost 4 years!
Yeah! I'd like to get to each of the realms at some point as they all look really cool. I love the varying styles of architecture across different regions.

- What is your favourite power tool?
I like belt sanders. They make things smooth. Drills are a close second, though.

- We're a gaming community as well as a Minecraft Community, what other games are you into ? We play PUBG, Overwatch, Civ V and Civ VI, Guns of Icarus, and some of us have Xbox or PS4 as well for a few other games.
I have Xbox One. I actually have a bit of a hard time playing anything other than MC on my computer as it's a MacBook, so for "bulkier" games like those I'm pretty much stuck on Xbox. My usual choices are Rocket League, Halo, and Fortnite. I do have Civ V, but I haven't tried it yet.

- And last but not least, have you ever played any RPG games before like Dungeon World or Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons. We've done a few in the past and are looking to do a few more in time also!
I've played my fair share of DnD! Good times. I've had some ridiculous characters. And serious ones. That's one thing I really enjoy about that game, the flexibility of experience.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 5:51 pm 
King

Well you've convinced me, you've got my vote ! As a King and as a current member of the High Council, I have 2 votes into the pool, of which you need 60% from the High Council. OR 50% of High Council and 60% of the Low Council.

You have only to acquire 2 more High Council Votes, from either Gimpy V, Khabranth, Sodihv Thalion or Aethemora.

Good luck! I'm spamming this on the discord for their attention. Also, I'll send you an invite to the discord if you'd like to come in and talk with us even before you're accepted on the server. We'd love to hear from you. - Sam.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 8:05 pm 
Duke

If he has civ V he has mine too! just kidding, but you do seem a well versed man and I would gladly give you my vote, welcome too hermertia!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 8:11 pm 
King

Now you only need 1 additional vote before you can start to accept liege offers!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 1:57 am 
Duke

Great application both lorewise and buildwise. I think you would be a great addition to the server! You have my vote (though it won't count towards the total Talja mentioned since I am just a member of the Lower Council).

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 4:13 am 
Duke

You had me at D&D. You have my vote. :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 5:31 am 
King

You can now accept liege offers!

I'd like to offer you a spot in Dawnstar, but i'll let others have an offer first as I have a number of active vassals already!

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 12:41 am 
King

I shall offer you an official spot in Dawnstar good sir, following our conversation in Discord!

See you online!