All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 4:07 am 
Settler

Greetings!

(The following is a short story I wrote to introduce my character to Hermertia, the story may or may not align perfectly with current community lore)

The name's Rae but you can call me, ummm, hummmm. Rae.... I come from a far, past the great sea of reflection, beyond the edges of the Mercurian lands. My real story begins when I arrived in Hermertia on a trading voyage looking for a new spice, as a man who knows spices, this interested me greatly (no surprise there, my name reflects my interests). Upon arrival I discovered that what the empire has offer was much greater than just a newfangled spice (which as it turns out, was not a spice at all but some concrete dust). I decided to extend my stay in Concordia to experience more of the local areas. After that stay, I returned home and discussed with the bosses at the trading house I work for and they agreed to allow me to leave for Hermertia on a mission to setup an auxiliary trade office to increase trade operations with the new-found land. Leading to this point, where I am requesting to join the empire in a formal capacity to ensure the trade operations and continue and prosper!

(Off lore)

Hey, so I saw the advert for the server over on /r/mcservers, looks like the advert is about a month old but thought the offer still stood!

Onto a little about me, I live in Canada, working in a little town just outside the BC capital, I'm in my twenties and just decided to jump back into Minecraft. As such, this will be the first time I've really played on my own account, before I used a siblings account (now that was 5-6 years ago).

Username: TheXylophoneMan
Timezone: PST
Discord: No, I am not a position to be able to speak in a voice chat.

As for lieges, I would like to start under one, get my bearings and figure out what the community is about. But in time, I could see splitting off on my own; but again that could be a while. I've been reading through different peoples lore and realms and am really interested in everyone's realms and the history of the server in general.

I hope this is satisfactory and obviously I can answer any questions you may have for me!

- Rae Tarragon

Edit:
Build pics and more info based on Awolz reply and other applications I've looked at, will update this post soon!

Last edited by Rae Tarragon on October 16th, 2017, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 6:38 am 
Settler

Hello! Nice post, I enjoy the back story, it's a fun idea. And although I have no power, I have seen a fair amount of applications, so I can give a few pointers for you to get on quickly. And some of this may be older style but this is what I know.

First, post some of your builds if you have any. If you don't, maybe take a swing at something simple in creative like a house, stables, or one of your trading posts. Also, what biomes do you like building in as most lieges have only a small selection of biomes in their lands so its important to know what you like. You can also get a good idea of the various realms by looking at past proposals in older applications.

Second, how do you like playing MC? Are you a builder, grinder (as in you enjoy the mining and stockpiling of resources), redstone engineer, etc.

Overall looking good and am always excited for new people here. I'm sure I missed plenty but I figured a speedy reply is nice to have. Good luck!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 5:48 pm 
Duke

I like the lore so far! Like Awolz said, we love to see build pics and it sounds like you are already on it. Let us know if you have any questions! We will be more than happy to answer them.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 9:20 pm 
Settler

Below are three buildings I whipped up in creative as a demo of my build style and skill. Enjoy! As for the game play style, I really like building stuff, but I can't do big projects; I get distracted by other stuff too fast! I also really like redstone (you'll see I like to use redstone throughout my builds with secret rooms, doors and sounds [with note blocks]).

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 10:22 pm 
King

Loving this build style you have, my apologies I have only just got back from a weekend away. I like your dedication to reading all of our lore and I look forward to seeing you more online and hearing about what you can come up with for lore/stories and more build style development.

You have my vote off the get go sir, this is a good application!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 11:08 pm 
Duke

Great start to the application! Just a question or two from me.

Again: Do you have a preferred biome?
What is your favorite eating utensil?

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 1:11 am 
Settler

Aethemora wrote:
Great start to the application! Just a question or two from me.

Again: Do you have a preferred biome?
What is your favorite eating utensil?

Really any biome, but I prefer using oak wood so something that contains that tree or is close to an oak forest.

And I'll have to go with left chopstick.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 1:14 am 
Settler

Sorry, maybe I just missed it but what is the vote threshold required? I see Tip of the Spear gave a vote but how many do I need?

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 1:33 am 
Duke

You have my vote as well!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 1:34 am 
Duke

You require 60% of the high council votes. But we'll just tell you when you're in. Its a bit confusing to explain easily.

But you're another vote closer! You have mine :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu