All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hohei's Application
PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 1:09 am 
My real life name is Justin I am 19 and have been playing minecraft for around 8+ years. I am currently serving in the U.S. Army and found this server on reddit! what really drew me in was the overwhelming amount of effort and lore that has gone into this server. I've always had an interest in RP servers but they always seemed to half assed and somewhat boring. Your history is like a well written novel and genuinely interested me. Being a part of this amazing community and getting to expand on what you have already established would be an awesome opportunity for me.

I would start under a liege and slowly attempt to work my way up the social ladder proving my loyalty, work ethic and dedication along the way. I would be interested in becoming an explorer/settler for a wealthier King looking to establish new lands in far away places.

I am half way decent at building, know redstone decently well and love making all kinds of farms. A more medieval building style is one I have always tried refining over my years in minecraft and I feel like i could really open up and make some decent builds. However, I mainly love the exploration or even the "grind" of minecraft. I find menial tasks as rewarding and sometimes fun as the massive battles or crazy adventures. All about taking pride in any work done.

There was a section for but not any established lore on wood elves on the wiki but that would be my preferred race. I would figure myself a late teen early 20s male arriving in Hermertia much like an outsider may arrive in New York City. Growing up a humble upbringing far from any sort of established city I'd show up with nothing more than the knowledge and lessons I learned over many years with my parents as well as a firm belief in the Gods of nature guiding my way. My father was an established iron worker n in a wood elf society very dependent on tools and swords. I am not certain of any wood elf wars fought in your world but my father could have been a veteran of one of these conflicts. If not, he just learned the way of the sword from his many years crafting and working with the material. He was a quiet man who always wanted more for his kids than he has. He always said his wort fear was passing his business on to me. He had much higher aspirations for his next of kin.

My mother was a plant enthusiast and almost the antithesis to my father. Outgoing, loud and hardly ever soft spoken. She told it exactly how it was never sugarcoating a thing. She passed on the important yet sometimes overlooked skill of speech. Being able to effectively communicate with people was something she always made sure I could do.

I would imagine wood elves have a very deep rooted (no pun intended) connection with nature and the forest. Somewhat a religion many not with specified gods but with a belief that nature binds and guides all of us to accomplish our true destinies.

I find myself in Hermertia because my father had decided it was my time to leave our small woodland village in search of my calling. That journey lead me to this new world where I can make of myself anything I set my mind to.

I hope that is enough lore I have tried to go along with what you have but I didnt find much on wood elves. Let me know what you think ! thanks for the consideration

Post subject: Re: Hohei's Application
PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 4:04 am 
King

Welcome!

You're off to a great start in your application, you've demonstrated having read up and paid attention, as well as some level of starting lore.

The only thing you've got to do now is to provide some pictures of your builds as we always ask for some to see!

Any questions for us ? Have you had a look at the realms pages, there's plenty of pictures to see and some lore!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 5:09 pm 
King

Also do you use discord ? Want to come in sometime and chat tonight or whenever youre able?

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 10:18 pm 
Count

Welcome to the forum. Your application looks great so far. Do you have any screenshots of recent builds? Doesn't need to be something big. Just to get a first impression.

Looking forward to chat with you on Discord/InGame.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 12:36 am 
A couple screenshots

Attachments:
house2real.jpg
house2real.jpg [ 174.51 KiB | Viewed 14977 times ]
File comment: small house i threw together trying out a random-ish roof design with inset windows. Not the best thing ever but a quaint bar build. This design is one i really enjoy working with and can do anything else you might want me to try out building!
housereal.jpg
housereal.jpg [ 207.73 KiB | Viewed 14977 times ]

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 1:09 am 
King

Awesome houses! so unique!

Want to come into discord were in here just now talking? I sent you a PM with an invite

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 1:26 am 
Duke

Good stuff so far!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 3:35 am 
King

I am delighted to offer you your first vote after seeing your building style and having a brief chat in discord earlier. Good luck with the rest of your application! You need 3 more votes from the Dukes and Kings on the High Council, Dukes have 1 vote, kings have 2!

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 4:25 am 
A small island castle and a bridge idea I was trying out kinda basic but ight

https://imgur.com/a/yweRH

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 7:59 am 
Duke

You have my vote as well! :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu