All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 7:39 pm 
Settler

To my knowledge, a lot of people are aware that the duplication of gravity-affected blocks is still a thing in minecraft. And while anvils and dragon eggs are very obviously forbidden because of their rarity/cost, I wondered if the duplication of sand and gravel would be allowed anyways. See, when making very large builds it seems that people are willing to tear apart entire deserts and oceans to get some concrete, and that honestly just seems like a shame of landscape to me. I propose that we exclude gravel and sand from this rule, in order to prevent landscape destruction. Of course, this would dramatically decrease the cost of sand and gravel with trade. But it would also allow builders virtually infinite glass, concrete, and gravel to make nice pathways out of.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 7:45 pm 
Count

Those Gravity Duplications don't work an the server. It's a Spigot Server and these Bugs were fixed a while ago.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 2:23 pm 
King

For sand and gravel, we have the Ocean floor or tasteful mines in the desert or from beaches, we've historically used careful gathering to not ruin certain areas, but the server is so large that you can make a number of sand digsites look good, or dig in a way that makes it look natural (quite easy actually). It's a good idea but one we dont really need to worry about as Dujek says :)