All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 3:24 am 
King

I'd like to offer you a place in Dawnstar, alongside my 2 other active vassals, it has a lot of rugged beauty and a fledgling lore that has excellent potential for growth. I'll link to my Realm page to see all associated lore. I'm on most days and am very active at all times!

viewforum.php?f=47

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 2:27 pm 
Settler

Irulan wrote:
It very interesting to meet someone from a distant island, perhaps could you tall us something about this home of yours?

Also, which type of biomes do you prefer?

Why of course! I mean, after all, what is my purpose but to foster cultural exchange between our great peoples. The history of Irla Harriak is long and complicated, but luckily you happen to be speaking to the foremost expert on the subject. I am nothing if not a woman of many talents. I have written many articles forwarding my own theories... None of them have been published, but that is no fault of my own! Discrimination I say! If there is one thing you must understand about Irla Harriak is how institutionalized everything is; Academic institutions, Printing institutions, the Institution of Institution! All of them work together to suppress the ideas of visionaries outside the system like myself. They called them "Standards of Evidence" but I say it's narrow mindedness. That shall be your first lesson in my people, our one fatal flaw, narrow mindedness! I am only glad that I was the first to establish contact, so that I can deliver the true ways of my people, rather than the washed out model of some musky "professor" of "history".

Oh but enough of my rambling. I would apologize but it's only natural of a supreme genius like me. Let me see... what more can I say of Irla Harriak. Oh! Why the weather! It's a dry, weather beaten rock, in the middle of a warm sea. My people prefer dryer, warmer climates. Deserts, Mesas, and Savannah's are all agreeable to us. But do not think that we are barren, for our shores are kissed with that nature's wonder of the chaparral. Oh Desert's and dead grass may be tolerable, but where they can be found, thick groves of oak please us greatly. The canopies of the trees provide much needed shade from the tyranny of the sun. And how could I forget the wonderful sights that geology has blessed us with; craggy hills littered with rock and sheer cliffs that fade away into the abyssal sea. Oh Hills and mountains; deserts, savannas, and forests, we may be small but we are lucky to have a rich ecosystem. To be able to glimpse just any one of these in my stay would please my heart that aches for home so greatly.

Oh, and how could I forget to mention my people's love for the sea? It cannot be understated, for we make our livelihood off the fruits of the ocean, but we are no ordinary fishermen. Certainly we take our meals from the silvery schools that grace our shores, but the true source of our wealth comes from something greater. My people are hunters and our quarry is the greatest beasts of the sea. They grow to as long as 80 feet! And while some may feed off plankton, just as many possess jaws strong enough to snap a man in twain, and all of them with a mighty tail capable of smashing any chase-boat to splinters. Of course, they are nowhere near as intimidating as I make them out to be, for they have little wish to bother with the affairs of man, however, when angered they have sometimes been known to sink even vessels of three masts! But the oil they give has lit the lamps of our city and all those who trade with us. I cannot imagine wandering far from the comforting sound of crashing waves during my time here.

Oh but I've wasted enough of my time, I've got much business to attend to. I must apologize for the rather vague accounts of my people, but I assure you it is but a taste. One day I will be sure to bring forth my journals from my cabin, to give a more complete picture. But I must remind you the folly of looking to far to the past, for the true glory lies in the history that we create together! I am sure that I will have just as much if not more to learn from you.

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
I'd like to offer you a place in Dawnstar, alongside my 2 other active vassals, it has a lot of rugged beauty and a fledgling lore that has excellent potential for growth.

In regards to the most kind offer of vassalage from the great Queen of Dawnstar.... I will certainly consider it. I'm sure a position of servitude will be highly difficult for a mind of my caliber, but it shall be a great study in the everyday life of the denizens of the Mercurian Empire! This is still a strange and possibly hostile land for me as well, so being under the protection of a friend in a high place would be excellent in warding off those who would take advantage of my endless intellect. However, I will hold out with some patience and await any further possible offers. Though barring anything more attractive, I will certainly take it and I shall let you know if I assent.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 6:22 pm 
Count

PLACEHOLDER!
I'll write a proposition in an hour or so!!! Wait on me! :-D

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 7:15 pm 
King

Toryanse wrote:
My people prefer dryer, warmer climates. Deserts, Mesas, and Savannah's are all agreeable to us. But do not think that we are barren, for our shores are kissed with that nature's wonder of the chaparral. Oh Desert's and dead grass may be tolerable, but where they can be found, thick groves of oak please us greatly.

I actually have mostly only cold Biomes, I know of a number of other lieges who have just the kinds of Biomes you're looking for though, I'll message them to have a look at this application :)

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 9:50 pm 
Count

Greetings Lady Zuriñe Kattalina Ibarra,
as you seek a temporary home to replenish you strength and ressources, we, the Citizens of Alba Longa, are allways on the search for new citizens for our home town. Alba Longa is situated at the coast of the Blooded Sea among copious valleys. Founded by a slightly mad/crazy dwarf, it is home to all kind of knowledge seekern. It bars no door for the ones, who pursue their passion for the unexpected, the unthinkable, the unfathomable. If you quest for knowledge and information, go no further. From the lightest of rumors down to the darkest secrets all can be found in the streets and below of Alba Longa. Additionally it's is widely known for it's shipyards and the construction of mariners of all kinds. Join us! To become part of the cornerstone of a rising empire to dwarf all who came before it!

~~~~
Lore off

I would be happy to have you in my newly founded Reich. It would be up to you wether you would like to take part in the construction of the City or quest out on your own in my lands to start a settlement by yourself. I happly offer you a good supply of starting ressources and a great terrain in which you can pretty much do as you please. No idea is too big! My biomes are mostly Mega Taiga or Extreme Hills. Additionally there is a big swamp in the west, ripe for claiming. Right now, we are 2 active players in the city and another one will join us next week.

Looking forward to your reply and meeting you InGame or on Discord.

Last edited by Dujek on June 23rd, 2017, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 9:58 pm 
Count

You seem to be a woman of culture that her own society has frowned upon by being too open minded. Irla Harriak sounds like a tolerable place to live, as your description suggests. I wonder why a woman of such intelectual prowess left the land she speaks so dearly about. I can also see you are an ambitious lass, seeking for fame and wealth in the Mercurian Empire, but beware, this land has received many with the same intentions and sent them back to their lands with less than they arrived.

(I hope it doesn't sounds to aggresive, my character is a bit bitchy. Welcome to the server :) )

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 3:47 am 
King

In the interest of letting other Liege-lords have some new vassals, I'm going to recant my offer as I have two active vassals currently and don't need more before any other players have some :)

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 2:08 am 
Settler

Irulan wrote:
You seem to be a woman of culture that her own society has frowned upon by being too open minded.

Indeed you have that right! I am of course certain that I shall find my success in this land though. I have failed many times in my life, but I am certain that those times are long behind me! Nonetheless I thank you for your greetings.If all Mercurians are so... observant... then I shall look forward to conversing with them all.

Roglar wrote:
I would be happy to have you in my newly founded Reich. It would be up to you wether you would like to take part in the construction of the City or quest out on your own in my lands to start a settlement by yourself.

After some deliberations with the more trusted members among my crew I believe that I will be accepting the kind Roglar's offer of vassalage. I can never turn down the opportunity for some good old Reich time. I believe that I would be up for both building my own settlement and also helping out with the city, but I guess details can be worked out later.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 1:47 pm 
King

Roglar is an excellent liege and he will treat you well! He will send you the IP and arrange a time to get you on and get you to his place via fast travel network and via the nether :)

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 8:20 pm 
King

Great choice and great application!